+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: White lady MP suspended

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

White lady MP suspended

For saying N@@@@@ in a woodpile.
    Yet the BBC play black artist lyrics using the N word almost daily.
    Discuss.

Re: White lady MP suspended

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Discuss.
    Do they?

Javelin.

Discuss.
    Quite right . We all know the rules now , she forgot them , justified reaction .

"White lady MP"

I doubt that a Black, Male MP would have got away with using the N word in public .
    But her using it, smacks of how utterly out touch these buffoons really are, and the OP's hinted opinion that she was somehow hard-done-by maybe illustrates how the hell these feckers get voted for, and by whom, in the first place.

Discuss.
    Been done to death, you can search all the arguments online, some interesting social commentaries from all sides, however 99.9% are from America.

****** in the UK has no place, and very very few British artist use it in songs lyrics, ether as a term or endearment, insult or a flippant remark. I'd love to know which tracks you heard it on that the BBC broadcasted?

****** has been classed as a racial insult dating back to late 1800's, the word has strong connotations intended to demean and insult. This isn't a slip of the tongue as some recent change brought about by the "PC brigade", what she said is offensive to some people as shouldn't really be used in public, its shows a lack of class and intelligence.

What's your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Been done to death, you can search all the arguments online, some interesting social commentaries from all sides, however 99.9% are from America.

****** in the UK has no place, and very very few British artist use it in songs lyrics, ether as a term or endearment, insult or a flippant remark. I'd love to know which tracks you heard it on that the BBC broadcasted?

****** has been classed as a racial insult dating back to late 1800's, the word has strong connotations intended to demean and insult. This isn't a slip of the tongue as some recent change brought about by the "PC brigade", what she said is offensive to some people as shouldn't really be used in public, its shows a lack of class and intelligence.

What's your thoughts?
    I'm sure ive read a book or watched a film and the dogs name was the N word or ive dreamt it or its a mandella effect lol
    tbh I don't h ppl say that word anymore

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    I'm sure ive read a book or watched a film and the dogs name was the N word or ive dreamt it or its a mandella effect lol
    tbh I don't h ppl say that word anymore
    Dam busters wing commander gibsons dog

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Dam busters wing commander gibsons dog
    thank you Packerman mate
    SO I'm guessing back then the word had a different meaning ?

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    thank you Packerman mate
    SO I'm guessing back then the word had a different meaning ?
    nope but it was 70 years ago, attitudes change thankfully

She should have known better ,and quickly suspended,
    however I have and known myself and others use old terminologies like this without fully realising its impact , especially in those moments with a few beers ,banter , and not thinking before spouting , I don't even know what it means