+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Re: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Muddy Waters 'Hard Again', an awesome album. While the rest of the teenage hords around me in '77 were kissing punks septic arse or listening to shite disco, I was listening and enjoying this album. Thanks to my best mate at the time's older brother, who purchased it. Not heard it in full since then. Brings back happy memories of the summer of '77
    So punk and 70's disco was shite, but Muddy Waters was the man. That's just your opinion. You seem to think your an authority on music. I'd rather a kick in the bollox with a size 12 hobnail boot than listen to Muddy Waters. It's all about individual taste when it comes to music. In my jungle, you're just another monkey!

Not an authority on music at all. I just have an informed opinion on what I like and dislike. Music to me is either Black or White, there is no grey area. If I like a band or genre of music it's because I have listened to them, have hopefully seen that band in concert, and read as much as possible about them. The same too goes, if I dislike a band. As it happens, with regard to punk, I saw most of the 'greats' and no so 'greats', from seeing Eddie and the Hot Rods at Cardiff Uni in September '76 to the anarcho punk bands in the 80s. The only true band I really 'got' were The Stranglers. Their May '77 gig at the Top rank Cardiff is one of my 50 all-time great gigs. With regard to disco, it was insufferable shite at the time that all the 'trendies' listened to and danced to,and like feckin' sheep. Dreadful stuff, then and now, and I went to most of the clubs in Cardiff that played that kind of kack in the mid 70s.

I do tend to be contentious with my opinion on music in here, and in life in general, as it can start a good healthy debate. I'm always interested in what turns person on music wise, and always keep my ears open for new music that I haven't heard before. But I do, and will have an opinion on that music

I'd be very interested to know what you like and dislike music wise?

Not an authority on music at all. I just have an informed opinion on what I like and dislike. Music to me is either Black or White, there is no grey area. If I like a band or genre of music it's because I have listened to them, have hopefully seen that band in concert, and read as much as possible about them. The same too goes, if I dislike a band. As it happens, with regard to punk, I saw most of the 'greats' and no so 'greats', from seeing Eddie and the Hot Rods at Cardiff Uni in September '76 to the anarcho punk bands in the 80s. The only true band I really 'got' were The Stranglers. Their May '77 gig at the Top rank Cardiff is one of my 50 all-time great gigs. With regard to disco, it was insufferable shite at the time that all the 'trendies' listened to and danced to,and like feckin' sheep. Dreadful stuff, then and now, and I went to most of the clubs in Cardiff that played that kind of kack in the mid 70s.

I do tend to be contentious with my opinion on music in here, and in life in general, as it can start a good healthy debate. I'm always interested in what turns person on music wise, and always keep my ears open for new music that I haven't heard before. But I do, and will have an opinion on that music

Doesn't really matter what he likes and you really shouldn't worried yourself over it. After all you clearly know best

I don't know best, but I do know what I like and dislike. I bet you have equally formed opinions on football clubs and players, eh?? But that's okay.... ?

I like disco.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I like disco.
    Shit 70's disco?

Can you tell me articulately why you like disco music? What great clubs you have been to? Why you enjoyed them? What bands of that genre have you seen live? If you prefer the 12" or 7" vinyl format for a single release? What great disco albums you rate, and why?

I would be very interested in hearing your perspective, so please fire away....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Shit 70's disco?
    D.I.S.C.O.
    Disco Duck
    Disco Tex and the Sex-o-lettes..

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    D.I.S.C.O.
    Disco Duck
    Disco Tex and the Sex-o-lettes..
    Sounds a bit gay to me.

Can you tell me articulately why you like disco music? What great clubs you have been to? Why you enjoyed them? What bands of that genre have you seen live? If you prefer the 12" or 7" vinyl format for a single release? What great disco albums you rate, and why?

I would be very interested in hearing your perspective, so please fire away....
    I like to dance to Disco dance music.
    I don't mind how big the record is.
    I have some tapes.
    I saw Liquid Gold at Butlins.

My musical taste covers a massive variety from The Stranglers to the Jam to Glen Cambell to John Cooper Clarke to Big Audio Dynamite to Johnny Cash to Midnight Oil to Love and Money to Flogging Molly to the Zak Brown band Toots and the Maytals, Brook Benton, The Beat, James. Nile Rogers and Chic, The BeeGees, The Skids, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and many many more.
    Not keen on Blues or Jazz but would never describe it as shite, just not to my taste.
    Liked some punk (The Exploited, SLF, ),

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    My musical taste covers a massive variety from The Stranglers to the Jam to Glen Cambell to John Cooper Clarke to Big Audio Dynamite to Johnny Cash to Midnight Oil to Love and Money to Flogging Molly to the Zak Brown band Toots and the Maytals, Brook Benton, The Beat, James. Nile Rogers and Chic, The BeeGees, The Skids, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and many many more.
    Not keen on Blues or Jazz but would never describe it as shite, just not to my taste.
    Liked some punk (The Exploited, SLF, ),
    The BeeGees? Apart from that howler I was with you (almost) all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The BeeGees? Apart from that howler I was with you (almost) all the way!
    Night Fever, Jive talkin, Spirits having flown. All classic tracks imo. That's what my point is. It's all about individual taste!
    If I had to pick my favourite band of all time I'd probably go for the Waterboys.

I'm with Soul '68.... that Disco stuff was just awful

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm with Soul '68.... that Disco stuff was just awful
    Think most people who don't or didn't like Disco, couldn't dance to it. Probably looked like they were trying to put a fag out!

Why are you having a go at Mr Soul. He doesn't come across to me as a know-it-all. He just likes his music.

As it happens, I didn't like punk (the nearest I ever got to it was the first Motors album) and I'm not so keen on disco - but I do play the riffs and chords that are associated with disco, 'cos it 's feel good music and people tap their tootsies to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Why are you having a go at Mr Soul. He doesn't come across to me as a know-it-all. He just likes his music.

As it happens, I didn't like punk (the nearest I ever got to it was the first Motors album) and I'm not so keen on disco - but I do play the riffs and chords that are associated with disco, 'cos it 's feel good music and people tap their tootsies to it.
    No ones having a go at him. You just can't call disco or any other type of music shit just because you don't like it.

Think most people who don't or didn't like Disco, couldn't dance to it. Probably looked like they were trying to put a fag out!
    They were. It was called multi-tasking!

No ones having a go at him. You just can't call disco or any other type of music shit just because you don't like it.
    So "That's just your opinion. You seem to think your an authority on music. ...... In my jungle, you're just another monkey!" Isn't having a go?

I'm quite sure Mr Soul can fight his own corner, but isn't being critical of other people's choice of music a bit counter-productive?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So "That's just your opinion. You seem to think your an authority on music. ...... In my jungle, you're just another monkey!" Isn't having a go?

I'm quite sure Mr Soul can fight his own corner, but isn't being critical of other people's choice of music a bit counter-productive?
    That's my point!

Would you like a bang on the ear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P237zpWbPRM

Is that disco?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P237zpWbPRM
    👍

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00013352622788
    No wonder Mr Soul '68 doesn't like disco. His first venture into it didn't go too well Lol!!!