+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Re: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Exactly, one man's music is another's musak.

I'd love to see Iron Maiden live, got their Rock In Rio cd and they do sound epic live.
    I'm lucky (old) enough to have seen them back in the day at Newport Centre.

Saw them back in May this year and while there's a bit less jumping about these days (from the band and the fans) the music is still as good as it's ever been.

Took the missus this time (she likes rock but not the heavy stuff) and even she had to admit that it was really impressive - high praise indeed coming from her.

Definitely one of those bands that everyone should try and see at least once in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Saw them back in May this year and while there's a bit less jumping about these days (from the band and the fans) the music is still as good as it's ever been.

Took the missus this time (she likes rock but not the heavy stuff) and even she had to admit that it was really impressive - high praise indeed coming from her.

Definitely one of those bands that everyone should try and see at least once in their lifetime.
    Never been a metal fan but I've loved Iron Maiden since hearing run to the hills back in the day.
    They are proper songs with big arse choruses.
    You could probably get away with playing them on acoustic and they'd still be good songs.

Old enough to have seen them at Monsters of Rock. Forget your boring Downloads and Glastonburys, that was a real festival... Coldplay would have been murdered by the endless bottles of piss chucked at them...

Lucky enough to have seen so many great bands there, Maiden and AC/DC definitely the best by a mile.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    My reason for truly despising Coldplay is completely logical to me and probably only me.
    One of my favorite bands are Teenage Fanclub who,to me write beautiful songs and deserved to be huge.
    Along came Travis and watered down the Fannies sound with weaker but more commercial elements and became big.
    Coldplay came around and watered down Travis' version of the Fannies even more and became huge, with added pomposity.
    My logical reasoning..
    And I stand by it.
    if anyone ever tried to link Teenage Fanclub with Coldplay i'd say they were pissing in the wind. as you are

incidentally, C86 played a massive part of my early musical life, as it (probably) did yours.

Fans of villages in Cardiff will be thrilled to learn that former Coldplay manager Estelle Wilkinson lives in Creigiau.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Rubbish... look at the numbers who suckled at the teat of Nirvana when Nevermind was released, the new cool thing, who had no knowledge of Bleach or were present at Reading...

At some point for god knows what reason it became the in thing to like Coldplay.
    Parachutes was a great album that instantly sends me back when I hear any of the tracks. One of my favourites of all time actually.

After that they went downhill rapidly.

You can tell who are the people that follow certain bands for selfish reasons. I don't know how many twitter or social media headers with the smiths. Why do you need to broadcast what music you like?.

I don't mind tour t shirts. But when shops like topshop are bulk producing joy division shirts it begins to grind.

You are not worthy and vegetables are for wimps.
    Legend in your own mind! I hate vegetables, but I'd eat them if you told me to leader.

Don't be so harsh!
    Vegetarians will provide a nice healthy meal for us carnivores when the apocalypse comes.

My reason for truly despising Coldplay is completely logical to me and probably only me.
    One of my favorite bands are Teenage Fanclub who,to me write beautiful songs and deserved to be huge.
    Along came Travis and watered down the Fannies sound with weaker but more commercial elements and became big.
    Coldplay came around and watered down Travis' version of the Fannies even more and became huge, with added pomposity.
    My logical reasoning..
    And I stand by it.
    You are another Organ Morgan like poster.. He tells us he hates rugby but he's into every rugby thread as quick as a rat up a drain pipe.
    You don't like Coldplay, but you add to a Coldplay thread, just to tell people you don't like them. Strange!
    By the way. Cool story 👍

I love these threads.

People arguing about music is pointless as it's all down to personal taste.

I wouldn't watch the likes of Coldplay, Ed Sheehan etc. because it's not my cup of tea but to say that they're shit is just ridiculous - obviously they've got something going for them to make it as far as they have.

The only 'non metal' band I've ever seen was when I took my father in law to see U2 at the mill stad a while back - he's a massive fan and thought they were amazing. I knew a few of their songs and while it wasn't really my thing (not to mention Bono preaching about world peace etc.) they really put on a show and musically they were excellent.

By the same token I'd say the best band I've seen live has to be Maiden but I'm pretty sure most people would have a different opinion on them than I've got.
    if only the stone roses played the millennium stadium or CCS
    most of us would be happy

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    if anyone ever tried to link Teenage Fanclub with Coldplay i'd say they were pissing in the wind. as you are

incidentally, C86 played a massive part of my early musical life, as it (probably) did yours.

I didn't say it was coherent logical reasoning..
    Yep, c86 fan. I still go back to some old Railway Children occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You are another Organ Morgan like poster.. He tells us he hates rugby but he's into every rugby thread as quick as a rat up a drain pipe.
    You don't like Coldplay, but you add to a Coldplay thread, just to tell people you don't like them. Strange!
    By the way. Cool story ��
    Not really, the thread was about Coldplay, I hate Coldplay, I explained my admittedly illogical to many reason why.
    If I started a thread about Coldplay then that would be strange, I agree.
    Don't think middle of page 2 is jumping into a thread either really.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I suppose when Coldplay look at their bank balances, the opinions of a few bitchy Cardiff City fans on a 2 bit message board pale into significance. 😂
    Coldplay read the CCMB?

Oh no! I hope I haven't upset anyone.

My logical reasoning..
    And I stand by it.
    Despising a pop group. Oh dear and as for the 'Fannies' it sounds appropriate to you You keep despising

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Despising a pop group. Oh dear and as for the 'Fannies' it sounds appropriate to you You keep despising
    Cheers bud, it's what gets me up in the morning.

Cheers bud, it's what gets me up in the morning.
    'Bud' oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    'Bud' oh dear
    What would you prefer to be called? considering you were comparing me to a fanny?
    Which is obviously what Teenage Fanclub are know as.

Old enough to have seen them at Monsters of Rock. Forget your boring Downloads and Glastonburys, that was a real festival... Coldplay would have been murdered by the endless bottles of piss chucked at them...

Lucky enough to have seen so many great bands there, Maiden and AC/DC definitely the best by a mile.
    Have to agree with you.

Maiden '88 and AC/DC '91 are still two of the best I've ever seen.

Have to agree with you.

Absolutely.

I remember the Kiss concert at the Ice Rink back in 92.

Was the tour for Hot in the Shade with the Sphinx backdrop. As we queued to get in, the head of the Sphinx was visible outside - turned out nobody have bothered checking the clearance of the arena, they couldn't get the damn thing in.

Have to agree with you.

Absolutely.

I remember the Kiss concert at the Ice Rink back in 92.

Was the tour for Hot in the Shade with the Sphinx backdrop. As we queued to get in, the head of the Sphinx was visible outside - turned out nobody have bothered checking the clearance of the arena, they couldn't get the damn thing in.
    Maiden? Kiss? AC/DC? This should be in the Queer at the BBC thread.

SuperBluebirds91

A lot of people in my work are going to it and I really wanted to go but wasn't able to tickets then a couple of days ago my other half comes home and says look I'm off out Wednesday night to watch Coldplay but only got the one ticket! oh well ever mind! Always another time! In all fairness I dont think they realised im into them!

Chris Martin is a ****

Go eat ur cereal. Oh i forgot u probs dun even work

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Go eat ur cereal. Oh i forgot u probs dun even work
    Worst ever TV chef. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    if only the stone roses played the millennium stadium or CCS
    most of us would be happy
    I wouldn't be filled with ecstasy TBH . Ah .. perhaps there's the problem .. ;D

They have become a bit of a self-congratulating, air thumping, stadium-rawker parody of their old self.
    That said, their young selves were an impossible act to follow, even by ..err themselves. ;)