+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Re: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Totally agree there matey

A bit like the fact that Queen are for 'rock' fans, that aren't really into rock music

I think the word "bland" was invented for Coldplay.

I suppose when Coldplay look at their bank balances, the opinions of a few bitchy Cardiff City fans on a 2 bit message board pale into significance. 😂

****ing dogshit

i suppose when dimi kanstontopolous looks at his bank balance when he played for us the opinions of a few bitchy Cardiff City fans on a 2 bit message board pale into significance.

dickhead

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    i suppose when dimi kanstontopolous looks at his bank balance when he played for us the opinions of a few bitchy Cardiff City fans on a 2 bit message board pale into significance.

dickhead
    Not really. I've probably earned more than him.. 👍

A bit like the fact that Queen are for 'rock' fans, that aren't really into rock music
    Queen were a superb rock band first three albums sublime heart threnching sounds saw them live in the Capital Theatre as good as a punk gig ,then they discovered money could be easily had in musical pop and big cheesy ""we will rock you "" type anthem sounds , with swaying lighter crowds ,then onto the West End drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    First album was alright at the time IMO.

Not enjoyed much by them since.

Their stuff seems very formulaic and so I imagine that makes them an easy band for some to like, without much effort, and thus for those same reasons, for others to dislike.
    I'm honestly not a Coldplay 'fan' as such, yet I've somehow found myself at three of their gigs with various girlfriends

Like others on the thread, their early stuff suggested a quirky indie type band which I liked but they've since changed into a hugely mainstream 'catch-all' type band. Regardless, they are great musicians, and the live shows are a real event with fireworks, balloons, ticker tape and unique LED wristbands for the crowd which light everything up in time with the music.

Glad the roof was closed as it absolutely lashed down last night. People going tonight will be a lot drier methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Queen were a superb rock band first three albums sublime heart threnching sounds saw them live in the Capital Theatre as good as a punk gig ,then they discovered money could be easily had in musical pop and big cheesy ""we will rock you "" type anthem sounds , with swaying lighter crowds ,then onto the West End drivel.
    Did any of the four members of Queen ever write a song with meaningful lyrics? Apart from the sentiments expressed by one of John Deacon's rare forays into songwriting, with '"You're My Best Friend"? I have listened to most of their stuff, post first three albums, and to my ears at least find them probably the most over-rated band of all time. And that is really saying something considering the other bands that could claim that accolade.

By the way, I never did see them live. I was going to go and see them playing Cardiff Castle in September '76, but it pissed down with rain that night. Being in school at the time, I probably decided to save my money for something more worthwhile, which if memory serves me well, was the best live band in the world in those days (sadly I never say Bad Company or Skynyrd at this time). Please step forward Phil Lynott & Co, and the Thin Lizzy 'Johnny The Fox' Tour of October '76

Did any of the four members of Queen ever write a song with meaningful lyrics? Apart from the sentiments expressed by one of John Deacon's rare forays into songwriting, with '"You're My Best Friend"? I have listened to most of their stuff, post first three albums, and to my ears at least find them probably the most over-rated band of all time. And that is really saying something considering the other bands that could claim that accolade.

By the way, I never did see them live. I was going to go and see them playing Cardiff Castle in September '76, but it pissed down with rain that night. Being in school at the time, I probably decided to save my money for something more worthwhile, which if memory serves me well, was the best live band in the world in those days (sadly I never say Bad Company or Skynyrd at this time). Please step forward Phil Lynott & Co, and the Thin Lizzy 'Johnny The Fox' Tour of October '76
    You never heard the one about the girls with the big bums?

Regardless, they are great musicians, and the live shows are a real event with fireworks, balloons, ticker tape and unique LED wristbands for the crowd which light everything up in time with the music.

I have tended to go and see a band for their great songs, excellent lyrics sung by a good vocalist, and great musicianship. All the above bollocks is produced by bands that can't really cut it live, to help deflect the fact that they are a shite live attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I'm honestly not a Coldplay 'fan' as such, yet I've somehow found myself at three of their gigs with various girlfriends

Like others on the thread, their early stuff suggested a quirky indie type band which I liked but they've since changed into a hugely mainstream 'catch-all' type band. Regardless, they are great musicians, and the live shows are a real event with fireworks, balloons, ticker tape and unique LED wristbands for the crowd which light everything up in time with the music.

Glad the roof was closed as it absolutely lashed down last night. People going tonight will be a lot drier methinks!
    The lengths some people will go to for a shag

Even sludge has a line he won't cross

The crowd in the Stadium would by far disagree with the handful of dissenters on here. As one of the world's most popular bands I doubt whether they would care very much if a few Cardiff City fans didn't like them.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They're mainstream yes but they're a great band. They're not music by numbers like most pop bands these days
    I would rather shit an organ than listen to that shite.

Feedback

rock is a broad church, and so are Queen - a band that are very diverse in their offering (sheer heart attack and lily of the valley are poles apart in musical styles and arrangement)

Feedback

I'd go as far as saying a night at the opera and some of a day at the races were equal to the first three albums. Can't beat Queen II though, a truly great piece of music

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The crowd in the Stadium would by far disagree with the handful of dissenters on here. As one of the world's most popular bands I doubt whether they would care very much if a few Cardiff City fans didn't like them.
    Absolutely. Music is a personal taste. I wouldn't class Coldplay as one of the great bands, but they've had some decent tunes, and have millions of fans worldwide. If they aren't your cup of tea then so be it, but adult posters like Lazbian, (I presume he's an adult) posting stuff like "Dogshit" and Dickhead" is childish beyond belief.

Fair point. I thought the music scene from about 1972 to 1975 was pretty dreadful. While all my mates in the sixth form would be raving about the latest ELP or Yes LP, I'd feign enthusiasm while hoping that I'd earn enough when I started working to buy that Wurlitzer jukebox for all my great three minute singles that I had set my heart on (it never happened, but thank God for the I Pod!). Anyway, the early Queen were a band from that period that I had high hopes for (Seven Sea of Rhye and Killer Queen are the only tracks of theirs to have ever made it on to one of my playlists), but then along came the pomposity of Bohemian Rhapsody and that was the end for me - they may have gone on to world domination, but the surviving members must be seriously gutted to think they'd lost me for life .

I love these threads.

People arguing about music is pointless as it's all down to personal taste.

I wouldn't watch the likes of Coldplay, Ed Sheehan etc. because it's not my cup of tea but to say that they're shit is just ridiculous - obviously they've got something going for them to make it as far as they have.

The only 'non metal' band I've ever seen was when I took my father in law to see U2 at the mill stad a while back - he's a massive fan and thought they were amazing. I knew a few of their songs and while it wasn't really my thing (not to mention Bono preaching about world peace etc.) they really put on a show and musically they were excellent.

By the same token I'd say the best band I've seen live has to be Maiden but I'm pretty sure most people would have a different opinion on them than I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The few Cardiff City fans are GENUINE music fans though. Not like the bland sheep that waste their money on tickets to see a terminally boring, bland band

The few Cardiff City fans are GENUINE music fans though. Not like the bland sheep that waste their money on tickets to see a terminally boring, bland band
    I'd say anyone who spends cash going to see live bands/solo artists are "genuine" music fans. You could give us the run down on any band that have ever performed, and it would still only be your opinion. Behave yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I'd say anyone who spends cash going to see live bands/solo artists are "genuine" music fans. You could give us the run down on any band that have ever performed, and it would still only be your opinion. Behave yourself!
    Rubbish... look at the numbers who suckled at the teat of Nirvana when Nevermind was released, the new cool thing, who had no knowledge of Bleach or were present at Reading...

At some point for god knows what reason it became the in thing to like Coldplay.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Rubbish... look at the numbers who suckled at the teat of Nirvana when Nevermind was released, the new cool thing, who had no knowledge of Bleach or were present at Reading...

At some point for god knows what reason it became the in thing to like Coldplay.
    So why don't you, and the rest of the "genuine" music fans on here compile a list of the bands that we should all be into, and a list of the ones we should all avoid like the plague. You could then follow up by telling us what beer to drink and what vegetables to have with our Sunday roasts. Fu*k me. Life would become easy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I love these threads.

People arguing about music is pointless as it's all down to personal taste.

I wouldn't watch the likes of Coldplay, Ed Sheehan etc. because it's not my cup of tea but to say that they're shit is just ridiculous - obviously they've got something going for them to make it as far as they have.

The only 'non metal' band I've ever seen was when I took my father in law to see U2 at the mill stad a while back - he's a massive fan and thought they were amazing. I knew a few of their songs and while it wasn't really my thing (not to mention Bono preaching about world peace etc.) they really put on a show and musically they were excellent.

By the same token I'd say the best band I've seen live has to be Maiden but I'm pretty sure most people would have a different opinion on them than I've got.
    Exactly, one man's music is another's musak.

I'd love to see Iron Maiden live, got their Rock In Rio cd and they do sound epic live.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So why don't you, and the rest of the "genuine" music fans on here compile a list of the bands that we should all be into, and a list of the ones we should all avoid like the plague. You could then follow up by telling us what beer to drink and what vegetables to have with our Sunday roasts. Fu*k me. Life would become easy!!
    You are not worthy and vegetables are for wimps.

My reason for truly despising Coldplay is completely logical to me and probably only me.
    One of my favorite bands are Teenage Fanclub who,to me write beautiful songs and deserved to be huge.
    Along came Travis and watered down the Fannies sound with weaker but more commercial elements and became big.
    Coldplay came around and watered down Travis' version of the Fannies even more and became huge, with added pomposity.
    My logical reasoning..
    And I stand by it.