+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Re: Coldplay tonight - Mill Stad keeping roof open

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Old enough to have seen them at Monsters of Rock. Forget your boring Downloads and Glastonburys, that was a real festival... Coldplay would have been murdered by the endless bottles of piss chucked at them...

Lucky enough to have seen so many great bands there, Maiden and AC/DC definitely the best by a mile.
    Surely they would!
    But .. what would Coldplay be doing at an Iron Maiden concert, and standing in front of Maiden fans in the first place?
    Why would the Maiden fans be watching them?

All very f*cked up... ;)

Shock horror, we all like different kinds of music and, to a lesser or greater degree, some cannot deal with that concept!
    For whatever reason.
    And their piss doth boil !

There is plenty of music to go 'round, take your pick and bollocks to anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Maiden? Kiss? AC/DC? This should be in the Queer at the BBC thread.
    Metalist.

Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Rubbish... look at the numbers who suckled at the teat of Nirvana when Nevermind was released, the new cool thing, who had no knowledge of Bleach or were present at Reading...

At some point for god knows what reason it became the in thing to like Coldplay.
    Nirvana! Another terminally over-rated band! what the feck was Cobain singing/yelling about? Was he on about taking his mum shopping, going to the corner shop to buy 20 fags, or what? Nevermind has to be one of the worst album I have ever purchased. All loud, shouty boring stuff

I've been to live shows from 1962 to now and I've seen many of the greats - solo artists and groups. I saw Jerry Lee and Chuck and Little Richard - Ritchie Blackmore with the Savages and Ginger Baker with Jack Bruce in the Graham Bond Organisation. I've recently seen Joe Bonamassa, Joe Satriani and Walter Trout. But the best music experience I ever had was seeing Gene Vincent backed by Sounds Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I've been to live shows from 1962 to now and I've seen many of the greats - solo artists and groups. I saw Jerry Lee and Chuck and Little Richard - Ritchie Blackmore with the Savages and Ginger Baker with Jack Bruce in the Graham Bond Organisation. I've recently seen Joe Bonamassa, Joe Satriani and Walter Trout. But the best music experience I ever had was seeing Gene Vincent backed by Sounds Inc.
    Cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I wouldn't be filled with ecstasy TBH . Ah .. perhaps there's the problem .. ;D

They have become a bit of a self-congratulating, air thumping, stadium-rawker parody of their old self.
    That said, their young selves were an impossible act to follow, even by ..err themselves. ;)
    its my yearning for nostalgic moments sarge lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Cool story bro
    Just been asked, what was the worst music experience. I have to say seeing Squeeze

Just been asked, what was the worst music experience. I have to say seeing Squeeze
    I bet at the time you thought they were cool as cats

Love Squeeze and funny you should say that. They apparently did a gig at the Llandaff Rowing Club back in the 80s and for a long time, it appeared that it might've been a dream, but through more chats, more local people, and this blessed MB, we found that it did indeed happen and there is a VHS of it out there. It was promised that it would go onto Youtube but not seen it yet.

*New thread incoming*

Love Squeeze and funny you should say that.
    Yeah - quite odd

Yeah - quite odd
    Regardless, of your views of said band, this video needs airing and I'm 3/4 of the way there

Regardless, of your views of said band, this video needs airing and I'm 3/4 of the way there
    It would be really cool to compare them now, with how they were in 1980's

It would be really cool to compare them now, with how they were in 1980's
    Let's hope this video turns up

Let's hope this video turns up
    If only they were in town again soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Did any of the four members of Queen ever write a song with meaningful lyrics? Apart from the sentiments expressed by one of John Deacon's rare forays into songwriting, with '"You're My Best Friend"? I have listened to most of their stuff, post first three albums, and to my ears at least find them probably the most over-rated band of all time. And that is really saying something considering the other bands that could claim that accolade.

By the way, I never did see them live. I was going to go and see them playing Cardiff Castle in September '76, but it pissed down with rain that night. Being in school at the time, I probably decided to save my money for something more worthwhile, which if memory serves me well, was the best live band in the world in those days (sadly I never say Bad Company or Skynyrd at this time). Please step forward Phil Lynott & Co, and the Thin Lizzy 'Johnny The Fox' Tour of October '76
    Mott The Hoople were the only band ever Queen were a support act

MOTT THE HOOPLE BEST BAND EVER

Blog Entries

Love Squeeze and funny you should say that. They apparently did a gig at the Llandaff Rowing Club back in the 80s and for a long time, it appeared that it might've been a dream, but through more chats, more local people, and this blessed MB, we found that it did indeed happen and there is a VHS of it out there. It was promised that it would go onto Youtube but not seen it yet.

*New thread incoming*
    vhs cor the days of them chunky things £70 for a new release not like todays free music and films lol

Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    MOTT THE HOOPLE BEST BAND EVER
    Was very sad to read this week, that the legendary Mick Ralphs has suffered a stroke, and it looks like he won't be playing live again

I take my hat off to you sir, and salute you! You are lucky and fortune enough to have seen some of the all-time greats, but I'm sure you know that. Your record collection must be a sight to behold?

As I listen to mostly Northern Soul/Soul/Motown these days, did you ever get around to seeing any of the 60's greats live in concert?

cool story bro

As I listen to mostly Northern Soul/Soul/Motown these days, did you ever get around to seeing any of the 60's greats live in concert?
    There was one Motown package show that hit town - that has become a legend. On the bill were Stevie Wonder, Martha and the Vandellas, the Supremes, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. Georgie Fame was added to put bums on seats - he was resident at the Pomme D'Or at Southsea on a Sunday night for months.

http://motownthemusical.co.uk/tamla-motown-tour-1965/

There was a blues caravan that came too with Muddy Waters, Sister Rosetta Sharp, Brownie Mcghee and Sonny Terry and we had Little Walter, Sugar Pie Desanto and Larry Williams at the local clubs.

Thanks for the link. The Motown Revue must have been on hell of a show. I take it, it was at the Capitol Theatre down on Queen Street, Cardiff?

Earlier this year I read Robert Gordon's excellent book on Muddy Waters: Can't Be Satisfied: The Life and Times of Muddy Waters. Well worth reading especially if you are looking to take a book away for a read on holiday.

Lastly, did you ever see the Queen of British Soul, Dusty Springfield, live in concert?

Thanks for the link. The Motown Revue must have been on hell of a show. I take it, it was at the Capitol Theatre down on Queen Street, Cardiff?
    Earlier this year I read Robert Gordon's excellent book on Muddy Waters: Can't Be Satisfied: The Life and Times of Muddy Waters. Well worth reading especially if you are looking to take a book away for a read on holiday.
    Lastly, did you ever see the Queen of British Soul, Dusty Springfield, live in concert?
    Nah I lived in Pompey as a teenager, mush. The Motown package was the last one of the tour. My mate got up on stage and boogied with the Supremes.

Thanks for the Muddy Waters shout. His re-recording of his hits is one of the heaviest blues albums out there:

Afraid I never saw Rusty...

Muddy Waters 'Hard Again', an awesome album. While the rest of the teenage hords around me in '77 were kissing punks septic arse or listening to shite disco, I was listening and enjoying this album. Thanks to my best mate at the time's older brother, who purchased it. Not heard it in full since then. Brings back happy memories of the summer of '77

Nah I lived in Pompey as a teenager, mush. The Motown package was the last one of the tour. My mate got up on stage and boogied with the Supremes.

Thanks for the Muddy Waters shout. His re-recording of his hits is one of the heaviest blues albums out there:

Afraid I never saw Rusty...