Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
I'm concerned about the double standards of so-called progressives. The fact that Depp was applauded at Glastonbury for advocating murder is deeply troubling. Surely all leftists and liberals must acknowledge that if there is one rule for progressives and another rule for conservatives then our legal system and our cherished freedoms are under threat.
Not really double standards, because the two things are not really the same.

People have always had a pop at those who stand for high office and attain power.
I'm not advocating murder or violence, but I doubt Depp nor Madonna were truly advocating violence. Just some kind of rebellious narrative. Daft ? I'd say so. If they were serious, or their words actually had any consequence - the then cart 'em off i say.
They are both rather bizarre characters to my eye.
People are very divided and angry about Trump, - why? because he and his team have set out to make the people divided and angry.

Anyway, do you remember Donald - the man who is now bloody President himself - suggesting during an election rally that maybe the NRA members could work out what to do with Hillary ? (i.e bang bang .. )

Nice. How does that sit with you? Good with that one?

Back to the git in question - a person in a position of influence / office being a c*** towards a refugee, immigrant or immigrants in general is exactly what it looks like, and why he had his butt kicked for it.

if he had been outspoken about Trump, it likely wouldn't have been taken any more seriously than Depp or Madonna or anybody else.