+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Youngster on trial nice to see

Youngster on trial nice to see

Cardiff to take Livingston strikers Matthew Knox and Danny Mullen on trial next week

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11704/10946469/cardiff-to-take-livingston-strikers-matthew-knox-and-danny-mullen-on-trial-next-week

Re: Youngster on trial nice to see

Links not working again. Mike's taken the plug out and forgotten to put it back!

Knox was a target for United and went there for a trial not long ago, he'd be a good signing

I have mixed feelings about taking teenagers from other clubs on because it could work against kids who have been with City for as long as a decade, but the plain fact of the matter is that the club has lost the knack of producing first team quality strikers from it's youth ranks in the last twenty years, so it would be idiotic to say we shouldn't be looking at someone like Knox.

In fact, on the face of it, Knox looks like just the sort of player we should be going after - I hope his trial goes well and we take our interest in him further.

As for Mullen, there aren't many contributors on this thread at the moment, but the Livingston fans seem to think he would be a big loss to them if he left.

There's also a link to the Sky Sports link that works on there and doesn't Knox look an awful lot like Kenny Miller - nice to see Neil Alexander has resigned for Livingston as well.

http://liviroom.fullboards.com/t458p...nd-outs-thread

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Knox was a target for United and went there for a trial not long ago, he'd be a good signing
    based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Cardiff to take Livingston strikers Matthew Knox and Danny Mullen on trial next week

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...rial-next-week
    Careful everyone, last time a Knox was on trial someone on here got themselves into a spot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Careful everyone, last time a Knox was on trial someone on here got themselves into a spot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    based on what?
    You have to be pretty decent for a club like United to even take a look at you, he's also only 17 and played in the first team as well as making his Scotland Under 17 debut at 15

Sure, he's not Messi but he could prove to be a solid player

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have mixed feelings about taking teenagers from other clubs on because it could work against kids who have been with City for as long as a decade, but the plain fact of the matter is that the club has lost the knack of producing first team quality strikers from it's youth ranks in the last twenty years, so it would be idiotic to say we shouldn't be looking at someone like Knox.

In fact, on the face of it, Knox looks like just the sort of player we should be going after - I hope his trial goes well and we take our interest in him further.

As for Mullen, there aren't many contributors on this thread at the moment, but the Livingston fans seem to think he would be a big loss to them if he left.

There's also a link to the Sky Sports link that works on there and doesn't Knox look an awful lot like Kenny Miller - nice to see Neil Alexander has resigned for Livingston as well.

http://liviroom.fullboards.com/t458p...nd-outs-thread

Although I posted selfishly as good news for us , I totally with you on this one mate " I have mixed feelings about taking teenagers from other clubs on because it could work against kids who have been with City for as long as a decade"

I played local football with a few lad who were picked up by bigger far away clubs and were back home quickly , one lad said goodbye to his parents at the bus station ( in the day of no bribes ) and never go on the bus to Leeds .

I posted a while back, about some form of under 20 postcode perimeter for all youngsters, and then perhaps a minimum 1 million fee for the losing club thereafter,to ensure all clubs benefit from their youngsters , and grow and finance their development squads accordingly .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A
    I posted a while back, about some form of under 20 postcode perimeter for all youngsters, and then perhaps a minimum 1 million fee for the losing club thereafter,to ensure all clubs benefit from their youngsters , and grow and finance their development squads accordingly .
    On the face of it, decent shout this.
    Or something like this anyway, as 20 miles in the Midlands or Manchester area covers a lot more clubs than say Cardiff or Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

To be fair to the guy he learned his lesson. Its not like hes been in the headlines for making an absolute tw@t of himself since.....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

To be fair to the guy he learned his lesson. Its not like hes been in the headlines for making an absolute tw@t of himself since.....

Indeed and lets be fair a lot of boys with some edge do deliver more , and hey we have all "ducked" up in our life at some time, especially at a young age , just ask Theresa and her willful ways in the wheat fields of England ,she must look back in shame ,each and every day