+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Guardian article (City Featured)

Re: The Guardian article (City Featured)

I never stopped going during the re-brand but in hindsight the best part of the Premier league was relegation as it lead to a return to Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Favourite moment: the march before the Liverpool game.
    That was probably the biggest buzz for me too that season. The march before the Man City game was in contrast one of the more deflating moments.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Ah, the old thread stopper response. I still think you'd have known what you were up to the night the team you claim to support secured promotion to the premier league.
    Football often takes a back seat in people's lives. It did then, for me. Similarly it did in 1988 when my father was seriously ill, I can't remember where I was when Cardiff beat Crewe but it wasn't Ninian Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sugar Mulberry View Post
    All good here. Looking forward to the start of the new season for the first time in years! Hope u good.
    yo, I good.

Give me a shout when you are coming over.

I've tried to block most of that season out of my memory bank.

Best moments: the obvious - beating the Jacks, Man City, Southampton away which gave us a glimmer of hope when none was warranted!

Worst moments: too many to list.

Current thoughts: We did well early doors through discipline and graft. Once teams saw through that we were showed up as a side that didn't have enough talent on the ball and didn't have enough pace or creativity. For me the relegation graffiti was being painted long before Malky was sacked, simply because we couldn't score goals and had started to concede them. Our summer transfer activity was inept, we needed a striker or two that could start plus pace out wide. I thought the division would have been ideal for Whitts to showcase his talent, he was our outstanding player at the time, but it passed him by, as it did many others. Once we got there, nobody at the club had a clue of what to do next and it showed.