+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SQUEEZE gig - Lllandaff Rowing Club, mid to late 80s

SQUEEZE gig - Lllandaff Rowing Club, mid to late 80s

Short campaign:

There is footage of this gig and a poster on the previous CCMB knows the guy who's got it. If said poster could chivvy said guy along and get it onto Youtube, I'd be most appreciative.

Many thanks.

Anyone who went, can obviously add their comments below.

*CAMPAIGN ENDS*

Re: SQUEEZE gig - Lllandaff Rowing Club, mid to late 80s

Tempted...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Short campaign:

There is footage of this gig and a poster on the previous CCMB knows the guy who's got it. If said poster could chivvy said guy along and get it onto Youtube, I'd be most appreciative.

Many thanks.

Anyone who went, can obviously add their comments below.

*CAMPAIGN ENDS*
    Short campaign but quite a long shot send me the link if you find it.

Squeeze doing a gig at Llandaff rowing club, is almost as bizarre as the time the Pretenders did one at our school in Ely in the 80's !

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Squeeze doing a gig at Llandaff rowing club, is almost as bizarre as the time the Pretenders did one at our school in Ely in the 80's !
    It's bizarre isn't it! I didn't believe it at first either, but it did happen and there is footage out there. It was an outdoor gig on the narrow field between the club and Bridge Road.

Think the poster on the other board was Whitchurch Blue if that helps?

I know Screaming Lord Sutch performed there many years ago. I will ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    It's bizarre isn't it! I didn't believe it at first either, but it did happen and there is footage out there. It was an outdoor gig on the narrow field between the club and Bridge Road.

Think the poster on the other board was Whitchurch Blue if that helps?
    Think it was 1989 , cannot remember Squeeze playing but the Christian's and Stranglers did. The organiser was a guy called Marcel Mace who is still about the Diff doing the same today. Event organising and such . He may have footage .

Weren"t the Stranglers on the same bill, pretty sure I saw both bands there on the same day ?
    I think that The Christians were also on the same bill.
    The gig was put on by that guy that used to work for James & Jenkins in Llandaff North, Marcel Mace.

Don't think the Stranglers had their usual line up though. Something is jogging my memory about all of this. On a side note. I fitted all the new showers at the rowing club, in the late 80's.

In the 1980/90s they held at least 2 open air festivals. The locals complained it was too noisy, so they stopped. Stranglers played one event and they have had Madassa & the Henesseys there more than once.

Googled , it was 1994 and squeeze were on the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    In the 1980/90s they held at least 2 open air festivals. The locals complained it was too noisy, so they stopped. Stranglers played one event and they have had Madassa & the Henesseys there more than once.
    You get to have bands playing the calibre of the Stranglers in your little area of Cardiff and the locals complain obout the noise.
    Unfookingbelievable!