+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit Redux

Brexit Redux

Brexit: Repeal Bill to be published by the government. ::::This will end up as a big bun fight , cant wait to see who jumps where and when .

The only clear party are the Liberals and SNP who want in , the the other two are tainted from within, perhaps the Tories a bit clearer and together ,If that is possible . UKIP to return perhaps if Labour get too Euro cozy with migration and wanting to many imposed Brussels controls ,which would eat into Labours recent success .

Brexit: Repeal Bill to be published by the government.

MPs must "work together" on Brexit, the minister in charge of the UK's EU exit has said, as he publishes a bill to convert EU law into British law.

The legislation, known as the Repeal Bill, will ensure the same rules apply in the UK after Brexit, while giving UK parliaments the power to change them.

BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said there could be "parliamentary guerrilla warfare" on the bill.
    She told BBC Radio 4's Today: "For opposition parties and for Remainer Tories there is a sense today of 'here we go'. This is government critics' first big chance, bit by bit in Parliament, to try to put their version of Brexit, not Theresa May's, on to the statute book".
    Formally known as the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill, the draft legislation is a key plank of the government's Brexit strategy.
    It will repeal the European Communities Act 1972, which took Britain into the EU and remove the supremacy of Brussels law.
    The bill will also temporary powers to correct laws that will not operate appropriately after Brexit.
    It is not expected to be debated until the Autumn, but will need to have been passed by the time the UK leaves the EU - due to be in March 2019.

Re: Brexit Redux

How's this Brexit thing going, and when are we leaving? Has the PM proven me wrong yet?

If it makes us much progress as the negotiations then we're in for another cluster **** of a journey.

We aint going anywhere Labour is doing the Hokey Cokey , Nigel is in Germany bashing up the German Chancellor, Liberals are running country fetes, and the Tories are annoying the negotiation team .

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    If it makes us much progress as the negotiations then we're in for another cluster **** of a journey.
    Don't be taken in by junkter and co's propoganda machine. They have done it before with the Irish the Spanish the Italians and the Greeks. Make things go bad n purpose and then blame the other side. Not going to work against the UK like it did with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Listening to Radio4 Any Questions on the weekend - this was discussed at length by all sides. The usual people taking the usual sides.

BUT - what was interesting was that - this situation has precedent - Labour did exactly what the Tories are doing doing now in the 1970's.

So I think as far as Labour are concerned - they "doth protest too much"

Here is the link if you have an hour to spare
    You realise you are a perfect example of that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Don't be taken in by junkter and co's propoganda machine. They have done it before with the Irish the Spanish the Italians and the Greeks. Make things go bad n purpose and then blame the other side. Not going to work against the UK like it did with the others.
    That is a fantastic example of propaganda. You have identified the bad guys, thrown in something that could resemble evidence if looked at by confused eyes and then at the end we get the good old spirit of blighty to rally the supporters behind the message.

I can read the news myself and see Davies is out of his depth.
    But thanks for the slightly condescending comment 👍

But thanks for the slightly condescending comment 👍
    There is only one condescending person in this message and that's Junkter and his spin machine ,eurocratic waste of space I don't like Davies but he's there as he takes it and gives it back , and wont roll over like Cameron did .

European democracy and free thought be bollocks, the more I listen to thier self centred rhetoric spin.

The more listen to this crap tge more I think I voted wrongly to stay in.

A decent forum would stop leaking spin, and get on with the negotiations, perhaps it's election fever time in German Europe or they think the more trouble and delay they cause the chance off will be reversed

But thanks for the slightly condescending comment ��
    You can see what you are being told by the propaganda from the EU. They are not interested in negotiating yet, their sole aim is to batter UK into submission at this point. But they wont succeed..... Unless there are more people who believe the propoganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    That is a fantastic example of propaganda. You have identified the bad guys, thrown in something that could resemble evidence if looked at by confused eyes and then at the end we get the good old spirit of blighty to rally the supporters behind the message.
    So can you not recognise what happened to all the states that have had to negotiate with EU and what they are coming ot with now? Or do you think its all in my head?

So can you not recognise what happened to all the states that have had to negotiate with EU and what they are coming ot with now? Or do you think its all in my head?
    I think it is a pretty one sided way to look at a negotiation. Do you really think us good them evil? Reality is, we decided to leave and now both sides need to get the best deal possible for themselves. Our government and other prominent remainers have said some incredibly disrespectful stuff about the EU so it is tit for tat in my opinion. Britain probably has a worse reputation of treating countries like utter shit than the EU so this sanctimonious rubbish doesn't wash really.

I'd rather our own sanctimonious rubbish than there's. I think we have niggled em , they didnt see this coming. You can tell as Junker can't help electioneering himself, every week we get something, below is the latest spin , which sound like a child like school ground rant ""na nah nah nah" told you so, moment , look at what we will do the day after Brexit , its a bigger party than your's .

We had Blair banging on last week as well just after a well announced Juncker meet .

I'm sure Jean- Clump will get that super new BIGGER president role , and his federal Europe, he talks about below , he don't give a flying duck about us and never did, you think Tories are horrible ,bloody hell this lot of overpaid are incipd , love tell folk off ,just ask the Greeks :

"""" Jean-Claude Juncker today called for an ever-more powerful European Union and warned that Britain would “regret Brexit”, in a defiant speech that was branded a blueprint for a United States of Europe.

The plans push for “ever-closer union” on defence, asylum and foreign policy in a bigger, more powerful bloc under a new, directly elected EU president. A eurozone finance minister would be appointed, with every country to adopt the euro.""

"""Mr Juncker called for a special summit of the 27 remaining member states the day after Brexit in March 2019, in the Romanian city of Sibiu, to map out the future of the EU. He insisted the “wind is back in Europe’s sails” despite deep divisions on eurozone reform, migration quotas and democratic values.""

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd rather our own sanctimonious rubbish than there's. I think we have niggled em , they didnt see this coming. You can tell as Junker can't help electioneering himself, every week we get something, below is the latest spin , which sound like a child like school ground rant ""na nah nah nah" told you so, moment , look at what we will do the day after Brexit , its a bigger party than your's .

We had Blair banging on last week as well just after a well announced Juncker meet .

I'm sure Jean- Clump will get that super new BIGGER president role , and his federal Europe, he talks about below , he don't give a flying duck about us and never did, you think Tories are horrible ,bloody hell this lot of overpaid are incipd , love tell folk off ,just ask the Greeks :

"""" Jean-Claude Juncker today called for an ever-more powerful European Union and warned that Britain would “regret Brexit”, in a defiant speech that was branded a blueprint for a United States of Europe.

The plans push for “ever-closer union” on defence, asylum and foreign policy in a bigger, more powerful bloc under a new, directly elected EU president. A eurozone finance minister would be appointed, with every country to adopt the euro.""

"""Mr Juncker called for a special summit of the 27 remaining member states the day after Brexit in March 2019, in the Romanian city of Sibiu, to map out the future of the EU. He insisted the “wind is back in Europe’s sails” despite deep divisions on eurozone reform, migration quotas and democratic values.""
    May, Davies, Boris and the rest might have been born in the same country as me but that's all I feel in common with them. The withdrawal bill that appears to be going through gives the government the right to amend legislation (including the act itself) without parliamentary scrutiny. Personally, I don't trust this cabinet to act in the best interests of ordinary people and even if I did, this is still in place for unknown future governments.

This isn't a defence of Juncker, but the power that he has over British life is tiny compared to the power that May could soon have - in effect, this bill is giving her the massive majority that the voters didn't want her to have. I find that more terrifying than anything the EU could have done to us.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    May, Davies, Boris and the rest might have been born in the same country as me but that's all I feel in common with them. The withdrawal bill that appears to be going through gives the government the right to amend legislation (including the act itself) without parliamentary scrutiny. Personally, I don't trust this cabinet to act in the best interests of ordinary people and even if I did, this is still in place for unknown future governments.

This isn't a defence of Juncker, but the power that he has over British life is tiny compared to the power that May could soon have - in effect, this bill is giving her the massive majority that the voters didn't want her to have. I find that more terrifying than anything the EU could have done to us.

Nail on the head. But crap nationalism seems to be he norm these days.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

I think that makes you a remainer who wants to derail brexit. Support Maybot or be exterminated.