+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin has signed!

Tomlin has signed!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...nsfer-13324158

Cardiff City sign Lee Tomlin

Breaking news from Cardiff who have just confirmed they have signed Lee Tomlin from Severnside rivals Bristol City.

Cardiff City FC ✔ @CardiffCityFC
    #Cardiff City FC is delighted to announce the signing of @Leetomlin10 from @bcfctweets

�� http://bit.ly/2t6jASR #CityAsOne ��⚽️��⚽️
    1:15 PM - 13 Jul 2017
    25 25 Retweets 27 27 likes

Re: Tomlin has signed!

C'mon jurrsey,lets be 'aving ya.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...for-bluebirds/

Lee Tomlin signs for Bluebirds

Twenty-eight-year-old becomes seventh summer signing...

We’re delighted to confirm that Lee Tomlin has signed for Cardiff City Football Club, subject to international clearance and for an undisclosed fee.

Lee becomes the Bluebirds’ seventh summer signing and links up immediately with Neil Warnock’s first team squad ahead of our pre-season fixture schedule. He has signed a deal until the summer of 2020.

Twenty-eight-year-old Lee began his professional career with Rushden & Diamonds, having come through the Academy setup of former Premier League Champions, Leicester City.

But it was during a subsequent four-year spell at Peterborough United that Lee’s star really began to shine, as he scored forty-three goals in 156 Posh appearances that led to a move to Middlesbrough in 2014.

It was in August 2015 that the forward made his first steps in the Premier League, signing for then newcomers AFC Bournemouth. Lee would make a short-term loan move to Bristol City the following January, before signing for the Robins permanently in July 2016.

Speaking exclusively to iFollow Cardiff City, Lee said: “I’m over the moon to be at Cardiff City – absolutely buzzing to be at the club and looking forward to getting started.

“I want to get back to the Premier League and I feel I can do that here. I know a lot of the lads here already which makes things even easier for me ahead of travelling down to Cornwall next week.”

Neil Warnock added: “Lee reminds me of Adel Taarabt who I had at QPR. He’s always a threat when he’s on the ball and you’re never quite sure what he’s going to do, but I’m hoping I can get the best out of him here.

“There’s a lot more to come from Lee. His creativity is second to none and we want to give him the platform to use that. This is the right atmosphere for him to revel in.”

Great news.
    Thankyou ccfcwelshlad for breaking the news yesterday.
    I've also heard a whisper that another one is close. Winger please.

"I want to get back to the Premier League and I feel I can do that here"

Ouch! Poor old jurrsey.

Seen a recent picture of him on Bristol forum. Seems to have trimmed right down and looks in great shape

What does that make the starting line up look like now?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...for-bluebirds/

Lee Tomlin signs for Bluebirds

Twenty-eight-year-old becomes seventh summer signing...

We’re delighted to confirm that Lee Tomlin has signed for Cardiff City Football Club, subject to international clearance and for an undisclosed fee.

Lee becomes the Bluebirds’ seventh summer signing and links up immediately with Neil Warnock’s first team squad ahead of our pre-season fixture schedule. He has signed a deal until the summer of 2020.

Twenty-eight-year-old Lee began his professional career with Rushden & Diamonds, having come through the Academy setup of former Premier League Champions, Leicester City.

But it was during a subsequent four-year spell at Peterborough United that Lee’s star really began to shine, as he scored forty-three goals in 156 Posh appearances that led to a move to Middlesbrough in 2014.

It was in August 2015 that the forward made his first steps in the Premier League, signing for then newcomers AFC Bournemouth. Lee would make a short-term loan move to Bristol City the following January, before signing for the Robins permanently in July 2016.

Speaking exclusively to iFollow Cardiff City, Lee said: “I’m over the moon to be at Cardiff City – absolutely buzzing to be at the club and looking forward to getting started.

“I want to get back to the Premier League and I feel I can do that here. I know a lot of the lads here already which makes things even easier for me ahead of travelling down to Cornwall next week.”

Neil Warnock added: “Lee reminds me of Adel Taarabt who I had at QPR. He’s always a threat when he’s on the ball and you’re never quite sure what he’s going to do, but I’m hoping I can get the best out of him here.

“There’s a lot more to come from Lee. His creativity is second to none and we want to give him the platform to use that. This is the right atmosphere for him to revel in.”
    great news welcome to Cardiff Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Ouch! Poor old jurrsey.

Really pleased with this signing as I think that it is the creative spark we need to complement what we already have

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Ouch! Poor old jurrsey.
    Jursset if you please.

Excellent news.

Thinking about it how it how many players have crossed the Severn and played for both clubs?

Christian Roberts did I think. Brian Clark?

Great signing, just the replacement we needed to fill the creative hole in midfield left by Whitts.

I wonder how jurrsey is feeling right now with the bigger club from across the border poaching thier best player?

Welcome to the City Lee.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    What does that make the starting line up look like now?
    Looks very promising! Creative midfielder was the last major piece in the puzzle we were missing. Still room for a few more additions, maybe a winger or another striker but with Manga and (hopefully) Zohore staying, the team is shaping up nicely!

I think this has the potential of being a great signing. Bristol City fans have never questioned his ability, but they did question his fitness and attitude. However, it seems that Tomlin has shed a lot of weight and is in great shape right now - which leads me to wonder ... had he been approached by Neil Warnock some time ago about a possible transfer and this (getting himself into shape) was the requirement that Warnock laid down?

Anyway, welcome to Cardiff City Lee!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Jursset if you please.
    Sorry about that, I was going to refer to him by his other name but Mike doesn't like us using the word ****

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Great news.
    Thankyou ccfcwelshlad for breaking the news yesterday.
    I've also heard a whisper that another one is close. Winger please.
    Deborah?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think this has the potential of being a great signing. Bristol City fans have never questioned his ability, but they did question his fitness and attitude. However, it seems that Tomlin has shed a lot of weight and is in great shape right now - which leads me to wonder ... had he been approached by Neil Warnock some time ago about a possible transfer and this (getting himself into shape) was the requirement that Warnock laid down?

Anyway, welcome to Cardiff City Lee!
    It's the only criticism I'd ever had of him (apart from playing for the carrot muchers) that he always looked a bit podgy but like you say, judging from those pics he seems to be in much better shape now!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Excellent news.

Thinking about it how it how many players have crossed the Severn and played for both clubs?

Nicky Maynard.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Excellent news.

Tom Heaton

I think it'd be an error to start laughing at bristol city over this.

They made themselves look like wallies last year with their talk at the beginning as they were the 1970 brazilian team.

Although it is quite comical how people were hoping he got minutes in last friendly. Hoping he plays a major role next year. Within 2 days time he is a goner.

2.9m is a lot of money in our terms.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I think it'd be an error to start laughing at bristol city over this..
    Fair point. It's not like we're short of material when it comes to laughing at the carrot crunchers

Warnock says Tomlin was his number one target and it looks like we were going to have to sign him on loan for a while. He also says that's the end of our signings this summer unless we have receive a bid we cannot turn down for one of our players and, on that score, it seems we've had a new and bigger bid for Sean Morrison from someone which was turned down.

The fee is reported as being up to £2.9 million in the Bristol media

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40592080

There are brief interviews with Tomlin and Warnock on the club website (iFollow).

Warnock is interesting with his Adel Taarabt comparison. He clearly thinks he can get the best out of Tomlin (in a way that some of his previous managers didn't) but isn't hiding the fact that Tomlin has been 'up and down' in his career and needs to get his head right if he's going to be a success with us. This might be the one player in the squad that he doesn't fully trust - but will put the time and effort in because Tomlin has the X factor that many others don't. After reading the comments from Bristol fans - most saying he will start well then his attitude and fitness will go backwards - I think the main reason for cautious optimism is Warnock.