Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tomlin has signed!

Re: Tomlin has signed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

That didn't turn out too badly!
    It did for some former fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Strange comment. Selling Mason was good business at that price, it doesn't justify the "up to" £3m spent on Tomlin.
    Not a strange comment at all.

Have a look around the transfers and see what £2m-3m buys you these days. I don't see 2m as bad business.

theres not many bargains to be had at the moment and the ones who are well priced would prefer to go to a 'bigger' championship club.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Not a strange comment at all.

Have a look around the transfers and see what £2m-3m buys you these days. I don't see 2m as bad business.

theres not many bargains to be had at the moment and the ones who are well priced would prefer to go to a 'bigger' championship club.
    Mason was good business at the time for us, £3.5m for a striker that can't run is great! That was 18 months ago, and he's never really kicked on. He was unfortunate with injuries and we got promoted a year too early for him. Had we stayed down, he'd have played another year of regular football and kicked on, as opposed to kicking around in the reserves and for Bolton.

Sorry if I've missed it but has Saadi returned then? People seem to be including him in their potential line ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Sorry if I've missed it but has Saadi returned then? People seem to be including him in their potential line ups.
    Yes mate he's returned

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Yes mate he's returned

Not being risked tonight though as precaution due to carrying a slight knock from training.

Good news then - cheers both.

Warnock said he's just having a look at Saadi. Hopefully he's done enough cos I reckon him and
    Zohore could be interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    It did for some former fans!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Warnock said he's just having a look at Saadi. Hopefully he's done enough cos I reckon him and
    Zohore could be interesting..
    Didnt they play together in a development side game at one point and were both terrible

Lee Johnson and Bristol City seem to have agreed on their explanation for selling Tomlin.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/f...johnson-203424

"You make a decision and at the end of the day Tommo had three years left on his deal so of course he was part of my plans," he said in response to a question on why he said that Tomlin was part of his plans earlier in the summer.

"If people read the articles properly and not just the headlines you'll see that it's really important that you adhere to the culture at the football club.

"And it's not that Tommo didn't - there's nothing wrong with him, he's a great lad, Tommo - but it wasn't ideal with his personal circumstances with living in Leicester and travelling three hours to work and three hours back every day and it's not conducive to him performing at his absolute best. We don't blame him for that.

"An offer came in, it was a decent offer, and it was money that allows us to go and reinvest in the squad where we need to and given the shape changes you make an evaluation of what's right and what's wrong and we sat down with Tommo and felt it was the right thing for him to move on."

So he implies that there was a problem with Tomlin not fitting in with the culture - and then denies there was any problem (so why raise the issue in the first place?).

He then says that Tomlin couldn't perform because he was commuting for 6 hours a day - although he doesn't 'blame' Tomlin for his decision to live in Leicester, even though he claims that made the player underperform!

It sounds like a pile of crap to deflect criticism from his fans - but I do wonder if Tomlin really does (and will continue to) live in Leicester and if there is a real problem with commuting? Maybe Ricky Scimeca is available to drive him?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Lee Johnson and Bristol City seem to have agreed on their explanation for selling Tomlin.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/f...johnson-203424

"You make a decision and at the end of the day Tommo had three years left on his deal so of course he was part of my plans," he said in response to a question on why he said that Tomlin was part of his plans earlier in the summer.

"If people read the articles properly and not just the headlines you'll see that it's really important that you adhere to the culture at the football club.

"And it's not that Tommo didn't - there's nothing wrong with him, he's a great lad, Tommo - but it wasn't ideal with his personal circumstances with living in Leicester and travelling three hours to work and three hours back every day and it's not conducive to him performing at his absolute best. We don't blame him for that.

"An offer came in, it was a decent offer, and it was money that allows us to go and reinvest in the squad where we need to and given the shape changes you make an evaluation of what's right and what's wrong and we sat down with Tommo and felt it was the right thing for him to move on."

So he implies that there was a problem with Tomlin not fitting in with the culture - and then denies there was any problem (so why raise the issue in the first place?).

He then says that Tomlin couldn't perform because he was commuting for 6 hours a day - although he doesn't 'blame' Tomlin for his decision to live in Leicester, even though he claims that made the player underperform!

It sounds like a pile of crap to deflect criticism from his fans - but I do wonder if Tomlin really does (and will continue to) live in Leicester and if there is a real problem with commuting? Maybe Ricky Scimeca is available to drive him?
    article reads like a BCFC propaganda piece.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We should have kept the £3.5m Joe Mason then and built round him.
    Lol. I heard Wolves are suing us for daylight robbery .

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This is a very good signing.I would have loved Reading getting Tomlin in to replace Danny Williams. He will score his fair share of goals. Warnock is canny and knows what he is doing. This looks like a very good bit of business.
    Agreed , I am over the moon with the signing of this guy, but this is Cardiff City and the glass is always half empty for too many .

If we signed Renaldo there would be those saying his best days are probably behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Agreed , I am over the moon with the signing of this guy, but this is Cardiff City and the glass is always half empty for too many .

If we signed Renaldo there would be those saying his best days are probably behind him.
    Be the same if we signed Ronaldo as well mate

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    article reads like a BCFC propaganda piece.
    That's because 3/4 of it is lifted from Adam Bakers piece - and Baker is head of Comms for the club.

MacGregor and the Post. Terrible journalist and even worse newspaper. How it's still in business beats the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    That's because 3/4 of it is lifted from Adam Bakers piece - and Baker is head of Comms for the club.

MacGregor and the Post. Terrible journalist and even worse newspaper. How it's still in business beats the hell out of me.
    Fack me, you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

Here he is...