"WHO NEEDS CANTONA..... WHEN WE GOT STANTANA"
    good days

i have said it before, the best time I have had following the " city "

Re: Phil Stant flying

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    good days

i have said it before, the best time I have had following the " city "
    same here matt
    we may of been lower league mate it was the best time for me too prob because its when i first entered lady Ninian
    but they were truly halcyon days

They certainly were an age of care free enjoyment.

Dare I say real footy days.

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    same here matt
    we may of been lower league mate it was the best time for me too prob because its when i first entered lady Ninian
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They certainly were an age of care free enjoyment.

Dare I say real footy days.
    they were truly special days, the football was played by a team who gave 100% most the time, the banter and laughs on the terraces ( which will most prob never return in todays day and age ) , the walk from the station to the ground at a fair % of places always kept you alert, but hey, you felt alive

everything fell into place, yes you can say " real footy days " I know we used to laugh at the " prawn sandwich fans ", when did it change ? ?? where did it all go wrong ? ??

Welcome back Matt

Brazil.jpg

Maybe it started to go wrong just after this game, when the so called great phil stant (no capitals for him), ran to the Eggo, moaning about bonuses and revealed to the Eggo, what every Cardiff City player had earned that season.

Talk about toys out of the pram, no wonder they all can't bear to be in his company.

No I don't like the diver.

same here matt
    mw213493.jpg

Her?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Loved stant.

Enjoyed those days so much.

Brian used to sell mixed grills for three quid in the canton cross... Cheap pints... Cheap tickets... and on occassions I even managed to get to Lady Ninian in time for kick off.

they were truly special days, the football was played by a team who gave 100% most the time, the banter and laughs on the terraces ( which will most prob never return in todays day and age ) , the walk from the station to the ground at a fair % of places always kept you alert, but hey, you felt alive

everything fell into place, yes you can say " real footy days " I know we used to laugh at the " prawn sandwich fans ", when did it change ? ?? where did it all go wrong ? ??

where did it all go wrong ? start of the Premiership I would say

"WHO NEEDS CANTONA..... WHEN WE GOT STANTANA"
    I want to buy that poster or the teeshirt

Banned

I loved Phil stant.
    Bluetit needs a reality check I think. All players leak to the rags these days. Football's a stinking game behind the scenes with slimy agents engineering moves too.
    Stant was a proper 20 goal a season striker wherever he played, one on one with a keeper and he'd put it away.
    How I'd love a stant every season

Feedback

Stant and Dale, pikey and Griffiths in reserve.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Brazil.jpg

Maybe it started to go wrong just after this game, when the so called great phil stant (no capitals for him), ran to the Eggo, moaning about bonuses and revealed to the Eggo, what every Cardiff City player had earned that season.

Talk about toys out of the pram, no wonder they all can't bear to be in his company.

No I don't like the diver.
    Looks like pikey's sniffing his armpit

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Welcome back Matt
    cheers mate

i never really went away, though i am soon 5 weeks in Cornwall, camping, surfing, eating BBQ food and drinking cider

cheers mate

i never really went away, though i am soon 5 weeks in Cornwall, camping, surfing, eating BBQ food and drinking cider
    5 weeks? Sounds nice. Where you off to? We're off down there in 3 weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    5 weeks? Sounds nice. Where you off to? We're off down there in 3 weeks..
    a campsite near Padstow got 2 places booked, just need to confirm which one next week

if you see a Rainbow flag with a Maltese cross on it, I know, its a strange combo and a long story come over and say hi, i am taking the PS3 down, so can have a game of FIFA 15, a few COD games and minecraft ( they are all loaded onto the HD as the DVD drive is knackered, its a spare PS3 i take camping, so its not the end of the world if it goes missing ) the fridge will be full of kopparberg cider & corona beer if any of them take your fancy

dont tell anyone this, you know what they are like, also taking the nespresso machine

setting up the caravan and awning and making it our home from home

I will have to pop home for 1 night a week do get my weekly work done, it worked great in Croyde last year, just this is 30 mins further away

there also seemed to be a closer bond between players and fans

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I want to buy that poster or the teeshirt
    now that would look the bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I loved Phil stant.
    Bluetit needs a reality check I think. All players leak to the rags these days. Football's a stinking game behind the scenes with slimy agents engineering moves too.
    Stant was a proper 20 goal a season striker wherever he played, one on one with a keeper and he'd put it away.
    How I'd love a stant every season
    yeah its why Eric cantona was named after him lol
    stant was prolific for us

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

you know her too lol

there also seemed to be a closer bond between players and fans
    indeed

was the money the difference in that ?? did the players feel like they were better than the fans ? ?? or was it that clubs used to have a few local players and that helped ? ?

indeed

was the money the difference in that ?? did the players feel like they were better than the fans ? ?? or was it that clubs used to have a few local players and that helped ? ?
    all of the above mate I remember half the side being local lads
    the players earned nowhere the vast sums they earn now
    even comparatively.
    I feel the players I feel it meant something to them like they played for shirt over the cash
    maybe its me looking back all misty eyed

all of the above mate I remember half the side being local lads
    the players earned nowhere the vast sums they earn now
    even comparatively.
    I feel the players I feel it meant something to them like they played for shirt over the cash
    maybe its me looking back all misty eyed

we all look bad fondly at times, rose tinted glass's and all that, but in this case, i think we are right