+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Tomlin - the one I really wanted...'

'Tomlin - the one I really wanted...'

According to NW, Lee Tomlin was always the one he really wanted even when pursuing Jonny Hayes and Barry McKay.

“Johnny Hayes had been top of my list, but he was more of a wide player,” explained Warnock, who also had been eyeing up winger Barrie McKay from Rangers before he joined Nottingham Forest. “But it's funny how things go: you've missed out on a player, you're disappointed, and out of the blue, the one you really wanted suddenly becomes available. That's fate for you.

Full story here:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-adel-13328263

Nice story but I wonder if it's true

Re: 'Tomlin - the one I really wanted...'

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    According to NW, Lee Tomlin was always the one he really wanted even when pursuing Jonny Hayes and Barry McKay.

“Johnny Hayes had been top of my list, but he was more of a wide player,” explained Warnock, who also had been eyeing up winger Barrie McKay from Rangers before he joined Nottingham Forest. “But it's funny how things go: you've missed out on a player, you're disappointed, and out of the blue, the one you really wanted suddenly becomes available. That's fate for you.

Full story here:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-adel-13328263

Nice story but I wonder if it's true
    Who knows... However, what seemed odd throughout the pursuit of the Scottish lads was that they were both wingers who could play in the 10 role at a push, whereas it seemed blindingly obvious to everyone that what we needed was a good midfielder/10 more than wingers. Given that was the case I know I'm much happier to see Tomlin here than Hayes, so I was not surprised at Warnock saying what he did.

Now he needs to get him to turn up each week...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Who knows... However, what seemed odd throughout the pursuit of the Scottish lads was that they were both wingers who could play in the 10 role at a push, whereas it seemed blindingly obvious to everyone that what we needed was a good midfielder/10 more than wingers. Given that was the case I know I'm much happier to see Tomlin here than Hayes, so I was not surprised at Warnock saying what he did.

Now he needs to get him to turn up each week...
    In the game against Huddersfield, he played a 3-4-2-1, with Pilkington and Hoilett behind Zohore. I suppose Hoilett was probably down as a winger, but Pilkington played off Zohore, which is what I think Warnock has been after. I'm really excited by Tomlin, and whatever we've paid, you can knock a £1m off, as I'd pay that to wind up Bristol City fans.

I think NW may have thought originally that Tomlin was out of our price range but when it was clear that the wurzals just wanted rid of him I think we had a good deal.The "undisclosed fee"term is always used when clubs want to keep the fee quiet.There must be many wurzal fans happy in the knowledge that they think they got all their money back for him just as alot of cardiff fans think it must be a top signing because we supposedly paid 3m quid.I don't think we spent anything like 3m for him but am well happy to have him here as he is class on his day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In the game against Huddersfield, he played a 3-4-2-1, with Pilkington and Hoilett behind Zohore. I suppose Hoilett was probably down as a winger, but Pilkington played off Zohore, which is what I think Warnock has been after. I'm really excited by Tomlin, and whatever we've paid, you can knock a £1m off, as I'd pay that to wind up "that carrot crunching t wwat jurrsett" (or whatever he's called these days .

FYP