+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Neil

Our Neil

Interesting article on Walesonline today "NW feels the pre season buzz". Strikes me quite a different tone from NW, he sounds to have totally bought into the club. No longer wanting to talk about the immediate future, now he sees a long term involvement. I think this is really great for us.
    Also he now has a squad 'he' had crafted, I think we are going to have a really good season.

Re: Our Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Max23 View Post
    Interesting article on Walesonline today "NW feels the pre season buzz". Strikes me quite a different tone from NW, he sounds to have totally bought into the club. No longer wanting to talk about the immediate future, now he sees a long term involvement. I think this is really great for us.
    Also he now has a squad 'he' had crafted, I think we are going to have a really good season.
    I'm feeling positive about this season, but NW is not a miracle worker, he has had as many crap teams as he has had good ones, and we are still trying to compete against teams who are outspending us by significant margins.
    I'm not expecting the playoffs this year, but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm feeling positive about this season, but NW is not a miracle worker, he has had as many crap teams as he has had good ones, and we are still trying to compete against teams who are outspending us by significant margins.
    I'm not expecting the playoffs this year, but it would be nice.
    He's not a miracle worker but his results last season, weren't far off that. Post Jan it was 38 from 23 games, which was the 6th best in the league, with a side that was destined for relegation under Trollope. It'll be tough but I wouldn't rule the play-offs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's not a miracle worker but his results last season, weren't far off that. Post Jan it was 38 from 23 games, which was the 6th best in the league, with a side that was destined for relegation under Trollope. It'll be tough but I wouldn't rule the play-offs out.
    We had a good final couple of months to the season, which if replicated over an entire year would see us just about in the running for a playoff spot.

He took over in October though, and from then until the end of the season we were the ninth best side.

If the signings all click, and Zohore carries on where he left off then we could bridge the gap to sixth, but there will be a few competitive teams again this season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We had a good final couple of months to the season, which if replicated over an entire year would see us just about in the running for a playoff spot.

He took over in October though, and from then until the end of the season we were the ninth best side.

If the signings all click, and Zohore carries on where he left off then we could bridge the gap to sixth, but there will be a few competitive teams again this season
    It isn't just a good run when it is 23 games, that's half a season. It isn't a fluke. It took him 3 months to get going, he's not going to turn every player around instantly.

We've signed more players for options and we've kept our best players. I'd like a few more quality players but I can't complain too much.

Since he came in, we were 5 points off the play-offs. We can close that gap.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables...home-and-away/

The relative proximity of his home to Cardiff and the support of his wife are significant factors in Warlock's interest in a long-term relationship with Cardiff.

But the story of his life is a successful promotion to the Premiership, only to be followed by the sack as his methods do not seem to translate to the highest division.

I'm really looking forward to the new season......

Huddersfield and Reading did well without busting the bank ,Villa outspent most .

It's about team ethics , motivation ,balance , luck with Injuries , and buying the right type of player who wants it .

Lastly a manager who can stare a player in the eyes, tell him the truth ,and the player reacts positively is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    The relative proximity of his home to Cardiff and the support of his wife are significant factors in Warlock's interest in a long-term relationship with Cardiff.

But the story of his life is a successful promotion to the Premiership, only to be followed by the sack as his methods do not seem to translate to the highest division.

I'm really looking forward to the new season......
    The fact that he is a Warlock can only be good for us I imagine..

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    He's magic!

Obviously you'd see a more complex brand of football if you are a Man City fan this season but I think Warnock is definitely the right man for us at this present time.

I know a number of fans who completely lost interest the last few years who are getting their hunger back for the club and that can only be a good thing.

I love the fact that Warnock, Blackwell and Jepson are proper football men who seem to live and breathe the game.

The signing of Tomlin alone highlights that he's got his ear to the ground knowing when a player is disgruntled at a club and when to pounce. I believe that there would have been other takers for Tomlin if it had been widely known he was available.

What i like most about Warnock is his ability to work with players and actually make them better.

We have seen this already in Gunnarsson, Bennett, Bamba, Richards, Harris and of course Zohore.

I personally think this is understated as we wouldn't have had much of a fee for any of these players before he came in. (Obviously Bamba came in after him but he was shown the door by Monk)

If he can do similar things with other players like Tomlin, Saadi, Kennedy, Fred, etc this season then i believe we're in for a very good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    You're a wizard now, Charlie.

One gets the impression that the players will put in a shift under Warnock - and that's all you can ask in the circumstances.

Am I the only one who thinks the picture of the wheelin'/dealin' Warlock hilarious?

picw.jpg

Worthy of a Photoshop thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    One gets the impression that the players will put in a shift under Warnock - and that's all you can ask in the circumstances.
    Does this suggest then that some player were not not very forthright under previous managers ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Does this suggest then that some player were not not very forthright under previous managers ?

Thats a bit unfair. I thought that some of our players performances made it quite clear how they felt about some previous managers