+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can't believe how quickly things can change

Can't believe how quickly things can change

Just sitting here and thinking how positive the feeling is around our club.

Not long ago we were the laughing stock of British football according to many and it seemed that we were caught in a downward spiral that was heading down the plughole. Yet within a couple of seasons things seem to have done a full reversal and for the first time in ages there seems to be some sort of basic plan taking shape for us heading forward. VT, the Board and seemingly everyone involved with the running of our club were so unpopular it seemed impossible to see a way forward with any sort of unity again. Now however I have to say that I am happier and more confident that the clubs welfare is in good hands, more so than I have felt in almost all of my years supporting City.

As much as NW is a large part of the feelgood factor, I feel that VT and the board should also get some praise for in some ways taking on the fans concerns and more importantly acting on them in quite a few cases. I feel that there are many clubs in our division and above that are being run by much worse owners than ours current is.

I appreciate that things can change very quickly, but in this moment I am one very happy Bluebird.

Re: Can't believe how quickly things can change

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post

Not long ago we were the laughing stock of British football according to many and it seemed that we were caught in a downward spiral that was heading down the plughole. Yet within a couple of seasons things seem to have done a full reversal and for the first time in ages there seems to be some sort of basic plan taking shape for us heading forward. VT, the Board and seemingly everyone involved with the running of our club were so unpopular it seemed impossible to see a way forward with any sort of unity again. Now however I have to say that I am happier and more confident that the clubs welfare is in good hands, more so than I have felt in almost all of my years supporting City.

As much as NW is a large part of the feelgood factor, I feel that VT and the board should also get some praise for in some ways taking on the fans concerns and more importantly acting on them in quite a few cases. I feel that there are many clubs in our division and above that are being run by much worse owners than ours current is.

I appreciate that things can change very quickly, but in this moment I am one very happy Bluebird.

Our academy is in very good shape too. We have some exellent players who will be playing at u18 level this season.

I was saying to my mate this morning that when we went to watch the youth cup final a couple of years ago in which Swansea beat us 4-1 they were absolutely light years ahead of us.

The scoreline flattered them a bit on the night but it wasn't just that, their whole club turned up to our stadium in their official Swansea tracksuits while the few people connected to our club that bothered to turn up were dressed in jeans and you wouldn't know that they represented us.

I honestly felt humiliated that night and it was probably my lowest ebb. They had ex players who had an affinity to their club all working in positions to push them on further.

Now i believe the gap is far far smaller than it was then. Yes they're still a Prem club and may begin to kick on again. This remains to be seen, but i am convinced that though they are category 1 that our academy is every bit as good as theirs and i seen us completely outplay them a every level when they played at our ace last season. ( for the interest of balance they did have the better of us at some levels at their place )

They have got rid of a lot of good people that lived and breathed Swansea last year and i believe they are losing their identity and what made them successful.

We have been forced to self examine ourselves as a club and i believe we have made huge strides in the second half of last season.

We are the ones who are bringing in players with an affinity to the club. Bellamy is relentless in his work with the academy and there are a lot of good people working hard to make us a success.

I hope the fanbase will return a buy into what is going on at the club and then i believe we will truly have a club to be proud of.

Can't believe how much I genuinely love Neil Warnock now, compared to how much I genuinely hated him at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Can't believe how much I genuinely love Neil Warnock now, compared to how much I genuinely hated him at one time.
    This belongs in the queers thread too. You big gay.

I have long believed that Cardiff City and Neil Warnock would be a perfect fit, despite having disliked the guy when he brought teams down here. It looks like it may well be the case. Let's hope so. Warnocks Bluebirds

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post

We are a basket club!

Banned

Fair play to Tan he gave up and coming managers a chance but either they didn't cut the mustard or the fans gave them grief.
    So now he has gone down the old school route which is great in the short term.
    I can't see Tan employing a young manager again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Fair play to Tan he gave up and coming managers a chance but either they didn't cut the mustard or the fans gave them grief.
    So now he has gone down the old school route which is great in the short term.
    "Up and coming managers"!!!

Jesus Christ

This thread has put me in a good mood.
    Long time since a message board thread has put a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Things can only get better

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Indeed. Top six would be nice, but I'm pretty confident about being entertained and discussing the football without any off-pitch nonsense

I'm wondering if part of VT's excitement for the coming season is because Zohore was a player he picked out? A potential £20M player wouldn't be a bad bit of scouting at all...

Either way, I'd quite like our principal backer to make an appearance at the club this season as a sign of real intent from the Board about everyone being behind the team and manager.

I'm also really looking forward to this season, based on what NW managed with a set of players he hadn't chosen last season.

Roll on August 5th!