+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock "This is the pinnacle for me"

Warnock "This is the pinnacle for me"

Source WalesOnline

NEIL WARNOCK:*

"This is the pinnacle for me"

" Cardiff's such a big club and I don't think even Cardiff realise how big a club they could be."

"I think it's my 38th (pre-season)," recalls Warnock, who admits being revitalised during nine months in South Wales. "That sounds a lot but that's just as a manager, so I think it's about 49 seasons as player and manager.

"I do still get the buzz and I owe that to Sharon, my wife. With the medical problems that she had that brought a lot of things into perspective, but the Cardiff fans have been fantastic, I got my zest back and my passion and I didn't think I could get that really.

"This is the pinnacle for me. Cardiff's such a big club and I don't think even Cardiff realise how big a club they could be."

Warnock's bond with the Bluebirds' fans is such that he hopes to construct a long-running relationship with the club. It's a relationship built on community involvement and taking the club back to its roots.

And at Taff's Well on Friday night, Wellmen fans and Bluebirds supporters alike will come together for a brilliant occasion.

It's the kind of event Warnock wants to be part of for years to come.

"I think it's great for me to be involved and I hope I'm involved for many years," he added. "Because I still think there'll be a role for me when management's finished. My experience is vital and this club is so special."

However, despite Warnock's promotion ambitions for the coming year, the Bluebirds have been written off by bookmakers.

Yet the manager is ignoring the odds, knowing there's an extra factor that bookies have not considered. The fans dub it 'The Warnock Factor', though the manager himself observes a much stronger squad and a formidable fanbase that will be key to realising those ambitions.

Anything is possible with a winning mentality, and Warnock's job now is to build that team ethos over the coming weeks. Pre-season is all about fitness and feeling. Both will come in time.

"The bookies aren't silly and we're supposed to be eighth from the bottom," Warnock added. "But we've got a great bunch of supporters here that can make a big difference at home, and away from home they've been really vocal.

"What we want is a side that can go anywhere and win that game. Yes you're going to have hiccups and disappointments but in the Championship you've got so many games you've just got to get over those disappointments, look forward and look how we can improve.

Referring to the club's summer signings, which now total seven including newest recruit Lee Tomlin , Warnock added: "Tactically we've got so many options now. I think we only had six subs at times last season, whereas now we've got people who can come off the bench and change a game."

Re: Warnock "This is the pinnacle for me"

You have to love the positivity of the man, and its spreading.
    The last few seasons have felt a little like going through the motions, particularly pre season, hardly any thing worth thinking or talking about. Euros last year not included.
    But this season I genuinely cant wait for it to get going.
    Reading the brizzle board the other day as they were discussing Tomlin I was surprised to see so many of their fans expressing their respect for Warnock,its not something you see that often and it really hit home how lucky we are to have him here.
    This period is a great chance for us to set up a decent base to build from for hopefully many years to come, and if we fail to get playoffs or even automatic it wont be for the lack of effort.
    And that includes the efforts of Tan, Dalman and Choo as well who have done their bit in making sure we have a decent roster of players in before the first friendly.
    We've even got the new kit in the shop before xmas as well...

I'm glad hes enjoying himself down here. Hope he gets us promoted, I'd love to see him get that 8th promotion record, just wish we would've got him in after Jones left

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I'm glad hes enjoying himself down here. Hope he gets us promoted, I'd love to see him get that 8th promotion record, just wish we would've got him in after Jones left
    Absolutely!!

Well if its true, half-true or showboating, I don't care on this occasion! - I'm taken in by it and loving the optimism

Agree we should have gone for someone like Warnock after Jones, or when we got promoted , just imagine him with 60 million to spend , you cannot deny his worth in football.

I get the feeling he see's this job as his last one at a ""big city"" club.

With respect to the Rotherham's of this world ,perhaps in his mind the future for him was just small to middling clubs .

Then along came Cardiff , close to home , big city, large fan catchment area, emotional and full of charecter fans , financial backing ,new stadium, good training facilities, development squad , good quality squad players , all thanks to a constant loyal owner .

Bingo