+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Callum Paterson - centre forward?

Callum Paterson - centre forward?

In the latest Blakey's Bootroom (on Wales Online) Blakey came up with this interesting idea about Callum Paterson courtesy of former Bootroom (and Wales Online) regular, Phil Smith.

Smith, who is now doing his informed football journalism back in the north east, had spoken to Blakey about new signing Paterson and said he was a right back, right winger or centre forward, and he was convinced that Warnock had brought him in with the intention of playing him at the top of the pitch!

That might be if Zohore is sold or injured or loses form, it might be as another potential strike partner for Zohore.

I know very little about Paterson's back story and versatility. Everything i have seen written about him since he signed implies he will be a right back or right wing back (possibly a right winger at times). But Phil Smith knows his stuff and is the best Wales Online football writer (and pundit on the Bootroom) in the past 10 years, despite his short tenure.

Re: Callum Paterson - centre forward?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In the latest Blakey's Bootroom (on Wales Online) Blakey came up with this interesting idea about Callum Paterson courtesy of former Bootroom (and Wales Online) regular, Phil Smith.

Smith, who is now doing his informed football journalism back in the north east, had spoken to Blakey about new signing Paterson and said he was a right back, right winger or centre forward, and he was convinced that Warnock had brought him in with the intention of playing him at the top of the pitch!

That might be if Zohore is sold or injured or loses form, it might be as another potential strike partner for Zohore.

I know very little about Paterson's back story and versatility. Everything i have seen written about him since he signed implies he will be a right back or right wing back (possibly a right winger at times). But Phil Smith knows his stuff and is the best Wales Online football writer (and pundit on the Bootroom) in the past 10 years, despite his short tenure.
    One thing we do know the lad is versatile .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    ^THIS

I've seen him write in print and online and now even on a podcast. A highly flexible individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    ^THIS

I've seen him write in print and online and now even on a podcast. A highly flexible individual.
    I think he means the footballer mate, not the journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    At this point, I don't know if you didn't get the joke or if you're winding me up.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post

And injured!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Being the best Wales Online football writer ( and pundit on the Bootroom ) in the past 10 years is setting the bar really f*cking low tbh.

Yes, Paterson is versatile but playing up front in the Championship is a hell of a step up from playing up front in the SPL. Playing him as a right winger is an interesting idea, he could well provide more than we've had from Hoilett, Harris and Noone - does seem to know where the net is. Indeed, that's probably the position he'd best be suited to initially playing ahead of Peltier. That's the beauty of the signings Warnock has made, there's so much tactical flexibility he can now employ.