+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These acid attacks in London.

These acid attacks in London.

2 teenagers (15&16) arrested for carrying out 5 attacks in one night. One victim left with life changing injuries. Mostly on delivery drivers. (Police think moped theft being one of the main reasons) There were 458 reported incidents last yr in London involving assaults using corrosives.
    Surely minimum 10yr clink for this offence, to try to stamp it out? Any opinions?
    Last edited by William Treseder; 15-07-17 at 06:33. Reason: Spelling

Re: These acid attacks in London.

Get some acid
    Nick some mopeds
    Ruin the victims lives
    Use mopeds to snatch phones
    Sell phones for cash
    Buy drugs
    Ruin their own lives

Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    2 teenagers (15&16) arrested for carrying out 5 attacks in one night. One victim left with life changing injuries. Mostly on delivery drivers. (Police think moped theft being one of the main reasons) There were 458 reported incidents last yr in London involving assaults using corrosives.
    Surely minimum 10yr clink for this offence, to try to stamp it out? Any opinions?
    My work colleagues son had acid thrown in his eyes two weeks ago in hackney just a random attack on a 16 year old boy being in the wrong area he's now under the Moorfields eye hospital having treatment.....personally i would recomend 40 years no remission but we haven't got space in our prisons because none of it is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    My work colleagues son had acid thrown in his eyes two weeks ago in hackney just a random attack on a 16 year old boy being in the wrong area he's now under the Moorfields eye hospital having treatment.....personally i would recomend 40 years no remission but we haven't got space in our prisons because none of it is working.
    TBG is going to be very unhappy with you.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    TBG is going to be very unhappy with you.
    Just seen this.
    Shocking .

The TBG police will be hauling you over the coals .

Best not detract from a thread about a serious subject. Apparently, the 'appeal' of using acid is the resulting untraceability of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Best not detract from a thread about a serious subject. Apparently, the 'appeal' of using acid is the resulting untraceability of evidence.
    25 years in prison will soon put a stop to it . A vile and disgusting thing to do to anyone .

Where the Fuk are they getting acid strong enough to burn through skin? Surely there is a way of stopping the supply getting into the hands of these sick animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Where the Fuk are they getting acid strong enough to burn through skin? Surely there is a way of stopping the supply getting into the hands of these sick animals.
    Probably using brick acid, which is available in most builders merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Drain cleaner,should need some kind of tracibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Probably using brick acid, which is available in most builders merchants.
    yep, even B&Q and WIckes sell it, i class them as DIY stores

Horrific stuff. As I was reading this thread, the issue was being discussed on Breakfast news. Scary indeed, especially as the motivation for attacks is largely unknown. The impact on victims is horrific. Not sure what the answer is to stop this type of crime. Warped twats that are doing it for sure. Big sentences should be handed out as a start.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Stop watching the brainwashing negative news.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Quiet now please, the grown ups are talking.

I fear this is going to be a big one, as the materials used are not difficult to come by.
    There may already be stockpiles.

Even caustic soda for clearing drains, nitromors paint stripper - etc etc , could be pressed into service if this sh*t takes off.

Watcliff may have a point above, but almost surely didn't know it - something or somebody's is trying to put the fear upon society.
    There will likely crackdown on open purchase of anything potentially corrosive soon.

I agree 25 years. Stamp it out. Harsh punishment but fair

Stop breathing

These attacks are horrible. There's no chance to get away, fight back or for anyone else to react on the victim's behalf to stop it getting worse (as there would be with a mugging, for example). Serious jail time is needed.

It's such a dickish thing to do to somebody that I'd suggest these people be euthanised so they don't pass their psychopathic genes onto another generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Quiet now please, the grown ups are talking.
    Grown ups who watch negative news and regurgitate it. Ok

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I agree 25 years. Stamp it out. Harsh punishment but fair
    Agree

Grown ups who watch negative news and regurgitate it. Ok
    OK, I didn't think that you were being serious, based on your other short outbursts.
    I do understand the point you appear to be making..

But you surely wont change people behaviour or viewpoint much by going about it in the style you seem to be adopting.

Name them no matter what their ages are for a start

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Name them no matter what their ages are for a start
    Definitely this!

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    facking ell that's awful is the lad alright mate
    ****ing scumbags that did that need locking up for a long long time
    the sick fucccks