+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The big day approaches , very apprehensive 🙃

The big day approaches , very apprehensive 🙃

The Cardiff City Development sponsored ride starts on Monday going through till Wednesday .
    Last week the cycle route was sent out
    Day one 80 odd miles and 6000 ft of climbing . The same distance and climbing that was done in the Velathon . I have done 80 miles before in a day but it was more or less flat .
    Day two . A mere 76 miles and 5800 ft of climbing .
    Day 3 60 miles run up the road fromSwansea to Cardiff , we will more or less pass my front door , might be time for a quick exit , this would be normally quite doable , not so easy after the previous 2 days .

Huw Day had been saying this was a bit of a leisure ride and nothing to worry about . This weeks instructions have been saying how important it is not to drink alchohol , eat the correct foods at the correct times , looks a very serious business .
    It is for a very good cause sonI will get round somehow .

Thanks for all the very generous donations , that will be the spur to keep me going when I am crying and feeling sorry for myself .

Re: The big day approaches , very apprehensive 🙃

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jimmy-johnston If you would like a raffle ticket or to make a donation

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jimmy-johnston If you would like a raffle ticket or to make a donation
    Chipped in mate, well done. Also sent you PM of that hotel in Krabi, if you go upgrade to club for free pop.

Pob lwc ffrind

You'll be fine, mush. The secrets are 1) constant eating 'n drinking - pasta-loading the nights before and energy drinks during the days - as well as eating frequently. 2) Go at your pace (ignore the faster guys) and spin rather than heave a big gear. 3) Split the ride into smaller goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You'll be fine, mush. The secrets are 1) constant eating 'n drinking - pasta-loading the nights before and energy drinks during the days - as well as eating frequently. 2) Go at your pace (ignore the faster guys) and spin rather than heave a big gear. 3) Split the ride into smaller goals.
    All the very best of luck to you. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Fantastic advice , I recently joined my local CTC club and picked up very similar tips . Watching the better climbers I noticed they were spinning rather than pushing up the climbs . I tried it , doesn't make you any quicker but you don't use as much energy and helps the breathing .
    I changed my back sprocket which will also help.
    The eating and energy drinks will be provided by the organisers as we go along each day .
    I am naturally competitive and will have to stop my urge to catch whoever is in front of me and reconcile myself to the fact the only way I will get this done is by being the tortoise on this occasion .

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Chipped in mate, well done. Also sent you PM of that hotel in Krabi, if you go upgrade to club for free pop.
    Cheers P J .

Done. Good luck Jimmy

Best of luck with the ride Jimmy. Hope the weather is good and that you have a great few days

Banned

Good luck jim

Blog Entries

Good luck Jimmy. x

Good luck hope the wind is behind you

Lets have a quick check-in on Jimmy's progress

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Lets have a quick check-in on Jimmy progress

Why the feck did the pizza delivery driver just stop in such a bottle neck !!!
    Good luck Jimmy, sounds like a good challenge 👍

Good luck Jimmy

Good luck, Jimmy.