+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morrison wants to stay at Cardiff.

Morrison wants to stay at Cardiff.

Could there be news of a new contract signed in the next week or two?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rdiff-13337209

Re: Morrison wants to stay at Cardiff.

I hope he stays

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Could there be news of a new contract signed in the next week or two?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rdiff-13337209
    Hope so, needs to either sign up or sell for as much as possible. We cant wait for a £4-£5m talent to go for nothing.

Same goes for Gunnar.

Problem we have is next year we lose the para payments, so an £8m cut to the budget will mean we can't offer these guys long contracts on big money unless we intend selling them next summer.

Difficult one

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Hope so, needs to either sign up or sell for as much as possible. We cant wait for a £4-£5m talent to go for nothing.

Same goes for Gunnar.

Problem we have is next year we lose the para payments, so an £8m cut to the budget will mean we can't offer these guys long contracts on big money unless we intend selling them next summer.

Difficult one
    Easy. We get promoted this season! ;-)

5 or 6 million bid and he's gone Warnock has hinted as much in his value of one leg comment .

I'm not a huge fan , he does a job ,hes good in the oppositions penalty box than ours, he's no Hudson ,Collins,Johnson or Purse in my view.

However its too late in the day now to have this sale and create a panic , a back three of Manga,Bamba and Hudson is better than most in this league.

Unless the more mobile Connolly plays between Manga , Manga .??? Mmm

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    a back three of Manga,Bamba and Hudson is better than most in this league.
    Have we bid for him?

5 or 6 million bid and he's gone Warnock has hinted as much in his value of one leg comment .

I'm not a huge fan , he does a job ,hes good in the oppositions penalty box than ours, he's no Hudson ,Collins,Johnson or Purse in my view.

However its too late in the day now to have this sale and create a panic , a back three of Manga,Bamba and Hudson is better than most in this league.

Connolly did a great job there at Hudds away.
    Much better ball player than Morrison or Bamba.

For 3 at the back he might be a better option.
    Or Peltier even.

However I do like the thought of having Bamba, Manga, Ken and Morrison up attacking corners.

Gunner and Ward both have good leaps too

In between Manga and Manga?

I'm inclined to agree with you in that it is a bit late in the day (I know there's a long while in the transfer window to go yet ) to start messing around with, what has become, a fairly solid defence.
    Morrison at times has been found wanting defensively though and I could also see sense in cashing in on him too as Connolly could do a job.

Ideal scenario, get him on a contract which will give us options at the back for a season and allow us to cash in next if the need arises.