+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather v McGregor farce.

Mayweather v McGregor farce.

Anyone seen some of the build up? My lad showed me a clip with McGregor in the ring in a suit, holding a mic and shouting all sorts of shite.
    Now I've seen some big fight build ups in my time, and it's usually all hot air to sell tickets, but this circus is way over the top.
    Can't believe it's even allowed.

Re: Mayweather v McGregor farce.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Anyone seen some of the build up? My lad showed me a clip with McGregor in the ring in a suit, holding a mic and shouting all sorts of shite.
    Now I've seen some big fight build ups in my time, and it's usually all hot air to sell tickets, but this circus is way over the top.
    just like the so called wrestleing.a load of bollacks ,like my spelling

It's putting WWE to shame.

If Connor McGregor is half the boxer he is a showman then it might be worth tuning in for.

Sadly we are all getting duped. They caught a private jet together to London.

They were two hours late to it in Brooklyn. Over an hour and a half in wembley.

No wonder they're going to make tens of millions when complete numpties willingly sit there throughout that delay.

I'd have been out of the door by 45 minutes tops.

Makes me realise how lucky we were to have real rivalrys like Benn, Watson an eubanks

I agree it's a complete joke, mind you if someone was offering me however many millions to do it then I'd be straight up there doing the same.
    Anyone who spends money to watch this is a mug, and ultimately to blame

Did you see the pinstripes in the suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I agree it's a complete joke, mind you if someone was offering me however many millions to do it then I'd be straight up there doing the same.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

No wonder they're going to make tens of millions when complete numpties willingly sit there throughout that delay.

I wouldn't have been in there at all.

Pair of pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Makes me realise how lucky we were to have real rivalrys like Benn, Watson an eubanks
    now they are warriors not these them pair of bellends

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

It was £40 a ticket to attend that event...probably not a good idea to leave before anything's happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    It was £40 a ticket to attend that event...probably not a good idea to leave before anything's happened.
    Probably not a good idea to buy a ticket. Embarrassing farce.

This was better, when men were men

3285110733.jpg

I'm lucky I suppose; I grew up as a young lad watching Muhammed Ali during pre-fight weigh-ins and interviews. He had the wit, charm and character to light up the occasion. McGregor tries to dress like a gentleman but has a foul-mouth, he tries to be humorous but fails. Mayweather has all the money a man could ever want but must have had a charisma bypass at some point in his life.

Two odious individuals for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    £40 to see some scripted bickering?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    £40 to see some scripted bickering?
    Yep. You can see how they're both raking in the money.

TV viewers in the US will have to pay $99 to watch the fight too (we'll probably have to pay £30+ if we want to watch it (legally)).

Absurd prices for this.

Who'd pay to watch it? It'll be over in a few rounds, if not in the first,if that isn't the case, then it's likely to have been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Who'd pay to watch it? It'll be over in a few rounds, if not in the first,if that isn't the case, then it's likely to have been fixed
    He's only won one fight by knock out since defeating Ricky Hatton 10 years ago so fix or not he's unlikely to knock mcgregor out in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He's only won one fight by knock out since defeating Ricky Hatton 10 years ago so fix or not he's unlikely to knock mcgregor out in the first round.
    McGregor isn't a boxer though, obviously there are similarities between boxing and UFC but its like asking Joe Root to beat Roger Federer at tennis

Odds are McGregor will see he's out of his depth and start using MMA moves

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    McGregor isn't a boxer though, obviously there are similarities between boxing and UFC but its like asking Joe Root to beat Roger Federer at tennis

Odds are McGregor will see he's out of his depth and start using MMA moves
    I'm not asking him to beat him, or saying he will beat him. I don't think he'll land a glove on Floyd.

May weather doesn't hit that hard. He doesn't need to as he is the master of hitting without getting hit.

Different codes or not MMA fighters have still got to be able to take punishment and with Mayweather not being a big puncher I don't see an early stoppage.

I find Conor funny and entertaining, and I'm sorry but he is hard as ****. Not a pansy like some of you are making out.

Problem is Floyd is a master at boxing, but with his age, rustiness etc there is something unpredictable about this. I'm quite intrigued to be honest. I was convinced it would be a wide floyd points win but all the noises coming from those who have sparred with Conor and are doubting Floyds motivation for the fight...I'm not so sure.

Agree these shows are a farce though, but if people wanna pay then that's up to them.

Talking of boxing, like him or loathe him, Chris Eubanks Jnr put in a flawless performance against Arthur Abraham last night. Won every round on 2 of the judges scorecards. Some of his uppercuts were absolutely brutal. Abraham barely landed but he can take some punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I find Conor funny and entertaining, and I'm sorry but he is hard as ****. Not a pansy like some of you are making out.

Problem is Floyd is a master at boxing, but with his age, rustiness etc there is something unpredictable about this. I'm quite intrigued to be honest. I was convinced it would be a wide floyd points win but all the noises coming from those who have sparred with Conor and are doubting Floyds motivation for the fight...I'm not so sure.

Agree these shows are a farce though, but if people wanna pay then that's up to them.
    Why view it as anything other than what it is?

It'll almost certainly be a controversial decision in the first fight. A close hard fought fight which could go either way in the second. Sets up the even more lucrative third fight.

Plenty of ways it can be scripted. Conor could forget himself get DQ'd for using a MMA move. Floyd dominates but gets caught by a lucky punch.

Either way, there's no way it's a genuine sporting contest. It's all about the money.

This is all about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    £30 just to watch it on TV - I thought the other poster meant it was the ticket price! What an obscene waste of money.