+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayweather v McGregor farce.

Re: Mayweather v McGregor farce.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Talking of boxing, like him or loathe him, Chris Eubanks Jnr put in a flawless performance against Arthur Abraham last night. Won every round on 2 of the judges scorecards. Some of his uppercuts were absolutely brutal. Abraham barely landed but he can take some punishment.
    He's the real deal, just like his old man was.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Talking of boxing, like him or loathe him, Chris Eubanks Jnr put in a flawless performance against Arthur Abraham last night. Won every round on 2 of the judges scorecards. Some of his uppercuts were absolutely brutal. Abraham barely landed but he can take some punishment.
    He was on Sky, wasn't he? Did he split from Matchroom - Barry McGuigan was on Spike/Channel 5 the other night, looks like has own promotion now.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    He was on Sky, wasn't he? Did he split from Matchroom - Barry McGuigan was on Spike/Channel 5 the other night, looks like has own promotion now.
    Eubanks was on ITV pay per view. I watched it on YouTube earlier.

First Team

This to boxing what an xmas panto is to Shakespeare .
    Mayweather to win by a DQ setting up another money making match up.
    Even the wrestling people must be thinking that their product is understated when compared to this farce.
    What next , cricket v baseball, rugby v American football, squash v tennis.
    The only cross sport fixture that ever worked was the GAA v Aussie Rules match up and that contained about 10 times the brutality you will see in this fight.

Can anyone remember when Bath, who were one of the top rugby union sides in Britain at the time took on Wigan, who were one of the best rugby league sides at the time, in two games? One league game, one union game.
    Wigan pissed the league game, and only lost the union game by about 10 points, if my memory serves me right.
    The thing I remember about it most, was Jeremy Guscott, who at the time was one of Baths best players, refused to play in either game.
    His reasoning was, that it was an absolute farce, would prove nothing, and would be disrespecting both codes.
    Me personally, I thought it was a quite an interesting idea, and enjoyed both games, as a spectacle. In the same way I'd like to see Joe Root have a shot at American Baseball, and an American base baller play cricket. There are dozens of other cross games that could be played, with all money going to charities, that would be really interesting as a spectacle, but the money involved in this fight, and the obscene language in the build up, makes me hope they both knock each other cold after 10 seconds of the 1st round. Lol!

I remember that, Wigan scored over 80 points against Bath in the league game, the union game, at Twickenham I think, went something like 44-20 to Bath, if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I remember that, Wigan scored over 80 points against Bath in the league game, the union game, at Twickenham I think, went something like 44-20 to Bath, if memory serves.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clas..._Codes_(rugby)

Forgotten that Wigan had Offiah and Robinson on their team back then, no wonder they stuffed Bath in the first game.

Forgotten that Wigan had Offiah and Robinson on their team back then, no wonder they stuffed Bath in the first game.
    Chariots Offiah! Surely one of the best sporting nicknames ever?

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This was better, when men were men

Attachment 1645
    I used to drink in a pub in south Ealing and they had the picture of this in a huge frame in the corridor. You can sse the Ref running over with panic written all over him, scared McKay is going to knock bremnner out before he can get there. Wonderful picture!!!

Union I think was still an amature game back then, while league was professional, which probably had a lot to do with Wigan hammering them in the league game and the union game being quite close. If they done that now, with Saracens playing Wigan, the league game would be a lot closer, and Saracens would run riot in the union game....it would be a cricket score

Anyone paying for this shit needs their heads tested. Mayweather is the ultimate pretender picking his opponent at the right time he avoided Pac man until he was past it and wouldn't fight GGG because he knew he would get battered

McGregor will either get himself disqualified. Knocked out or the ref will stop it if it goes on too long. He will come out swinging for first minute or so.

After that he will claim how he took off boxing's best ever and was unlucky and claim how it isn't really fighting.
    He will tell everyone how great ufc is and he is the money man, he will go back and fight a handful of times making only a small portion of what the top boxers make.

A boxer has more chance of winning a Ufc fighter then the other way.
    If McGregor catches mayweather in the first 30 seconds it won't prove anything