Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
Sorry Gringo missed your question!

I have a really sneaky feeling about Mendez-Laing. I watched him play for Peterborough a few times. He always looked to have loads of potential but he looked very heavy and a little disinterested.

I watched him okay for Rochdale last year and I was truly astonished by the change in his physique and attitude.

Interestingly, his manager at Rochdale was Keith Hill a highly respected old fashioned manager and disciplinarian. A chip off the proverbial block so to speak. Keith Hill played for Neil Warnock at Plymouth.

I think Tomlin can be a real star and I am intrigued about the potential of Damour. A lad with a glittering youth career that has not yet materialised.

My concern is the goalkeeping position. I know nothing about Etheridge. Camp is an experienced keeper who is very vocal. I think our defenders need that vocal contribution from behind them. If Camp is not first choice. Perhaps his lively personality and non-stop and relentless demands in his defence will inspire young Etheridge.
I liked the look of Damour on Friday. He played cutting passes through the lines on about 3 occasions. I know i got scoffed at when i said it before but I'm impressed with his technical ability when receiving the ball. I'm amazed how many pro footballers don't open their bodies out when receiving the ball. Damour looks very good technically and this is not surprising considering his schooling.
I think he'll cement a place in the starting line up.

My mate went to a gig and met some Rochdale fans who said that Mendez-Laing was the best player Rochdale have ever had, and they assured him they weren't joking.

Great to see Saadi grab some goals tonight too.