+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we dark horses this season??

Re: Are we dark horses this season??

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We're overpriced at 25/1.

We should really be on par with Leeds and Birmingham at 16/1.
    25/1? Best I saw was 12 which I thought was extremely stingy for a team supposedly finishing 8th from bottom. I throw $20 on at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Racists, reported.
    Did you take a fence?

Not dark horses. We should be challenging for atleast top6 imo. Our club has so much experience in the championship, so does our manager, so we should know how to mount a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You are correct.

Since the 1999/2000 season (using the millennium as a natural cut off point as I couldn't be arsed to go back further), West Brom's tally of 81 points in 2007/08 is the lowest, followed by Cardiff's total of 87. 94 points is the average points total of the Championship winners since 2000, so we were comfortably below that.

We won 25 games when we won this division (28 is the average), only West Brom (2007/08) and QPR (2010/11) managed less, while only QPR and Reading (2011/12) scored less. We also had one of the poorer Championship winning defensive records and the worst goal difference of all champions since 1999/2000. However, we were harder to beat than six other champions from that period and only three sides drew more matches than us.
    Almost the poorest champs then......wooooh wooooh

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Almost the poorest champs then......wooooh wooooh

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Bamba and either of them two for me in the middle. Bamba better than both IMO. Bamba very much the unsung hero of our uplift in form last season.
    Spedger
    spedger
    Manga and Morrison for me too. All three are prone to the odd mistake. Mind you, Morrison still might be sold if he doesn't sign a new contract so it would then be Manga & Bamba with Connolly as back up. Assuming we don't sell Connolly too!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We're overpriced at 25/1.

We should really be on par with Leeds and Birmingham at 16/1.
    Must be to win the league outright?

I got us a while back at 10-1 for promotion before any signings, skybet got us 8-1 now..