+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dr Who.

New Dr Who.

Comments gentlemen?

Re: New Dr Who.

Wasn't expecting a full-veiled Muslim woman but I suppose that's the Beeb for you.

Does anyone know what's happened to Scottish actor David Tennant? He used to play Dr Who, however he doesn't appear to have been on the telly for at least twenty minutes.

Doctor Who was crap after Pertwee. Has never recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Does anyone know what's happened to Scottish actor David Tennant? He used to play Dr Who, however he doesn't appear to have been on the telly for at least twenty minutes.
    Tennant he is now an extra

Mourinho won't like it I'm sure

I'm not wild about it tbh, part of me thinks it's the beeb going too pc.

Then again
    1. She's fit
    2. She's a good actress
    3. Daily Mail readers will hate it

I saw the new doctor being announced while I was on Twitter so I had a look at people's reactions.

While I saw not a single person expressing any form of irritation about the new doctor being a female, I saw loads of comments from people saying how "straight white males" would be freaking out about it.

At what point did so many people of this country become such imprudent little faggots? Are they just kids that don't know better?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Comments gentlemen?
    I'm sure driving a Tardis is easier than driving through these Greek mountain roads but probably not as much fun. Some scary drops this afternoon.

Ha ha, sorry TH63 but your comment about Daily Mail readers makes you one of the people I just mentioned in my last post.

From a character point of view, the master, who sneers at humanity, reflecting that modern life in looking at gender as more complex (even for the master's selfish reasons) while the doctor obeying more of the traditional roles, again out of traditional character - at least in rebooted series, would have been an interesting dynamic.

There is a buzz with this announcement so perhaps also the right move but slightly more obvious.

It's for 10 year olds

filming has already been suspended as she cant park the tardis

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Ha ha, sorry TH63 but your comment about Daily Mail readers makes you one of the people I just mentioned in my last post.
    Fair point

I only watched it once and that was when William Hartnell was in it.

Comments gentlemen?
    At last, I can wank off to a Doctor Who without feeling guilty.

Comments gentlemen?
    I think it's a good thing, the door was opened when the Master became the Mistress. But, that is also the problem, the Doctor regenerating into a female so soon after the Master did it is a bit of a get-out, and a telegraphed move.

She won't last long, already people are saying this is rubbish and they will probably be blasting social media with their views within 20 seconds of her first episode. Much like how Tw@tter was filled with "This is awful" comments whilst the opening credits were still running on Top Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    I think it's a good thing, the door was opened when the Master became the Mistress. But, that is also the problem, the Doctor regenerating into a female so soon after the Master did it is a bit of a get-out, and a telegraphed move.

She won't last long, already people are saying this is rubbish and they will probably be blasting social media with their views within 20 seconds of her first episode. Much like how Tw@tter was filled with "This is awful" comments whilst the opening credits were still running on Top Gear.
    There are more people on social media going "lol, wait for single white men to froth with rage" than there are complaints. SJWs gotta SJW I guess.

With regards to Top Gear, it hardly required vast ESP abilities to predict Chris Evans would f*ck it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    There are more people on social media going "lol, wait for single white men to froth with rage" than there are complaints. SJWs gotta SJW I guess.

With regards to Top Gear, it hardly required vast ESP abilities to predict Chris Evans would f*ck it all up.
    People could have waited to see it first.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    People could have waited to see it first.
    Maybe but they were still right...

There is endless moaning all over twitter and reddit for people saying there is none.

I haven't watched it properly since christopher eccleston finished. Who was quality.

I have more interest in watching it this christmas day now compared to the previous two. And I like peter capaldi. The choice was just boring.

Less said about the one before him the better.

"How would you feel if spiderman was a women?" Someone cried on reddit. I wouldn't give a flying £$%^.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    You are making that up I think.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/stat...08390662893568

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

Comments.

Comments gentlemen?
    Why not
    I have no problem with it being a women.
    I just hope she's straight!
    It's basically a kids programme liked by adults.
    Not a vehicle for campaigning.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Vindicated! Ya hear me colonel, Vindicated!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Why not
    I have no problem with it being a women.
    I just hope she's straight!
    It's basically a kids programme liked by adults.
    Not a vehicle for campaigning.
    If she was the best person for the job, and comments from the new writer indicates her audition was great, then fine.
    But if she was just the best woman for the job, well I have a bit of a problem with that.
    I wasn't a fan of Capaldi so glad of a change, interested to see how she gets on.