+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dr Who.

Re: New Dr Who.

Knock, knock.

Political Correctness gone mad , what's it going to be like 10 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Vindicated! Ya hear me colonel, Vindicated!
    My sincerest apologies.

The show's issue (leading to falling ratings) was not the gender of the Doctor. It's been a long time since consistently good stories and even longer since the highlight of the rebooted series, blink.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The show's issue (leading to falling ratings) was not the gender of the Doctor. It's been a long time since consistently good stories and even longer since the highlight of the rebooted series, blink.
    I watched the latest series with my son, there's something nice about that "connection" of having new worlds of imagination opening up. I have to say that the first few episodes were fantastic, and a massive improvement on the previous series, and the stories were a bit chunkier and scarier.

It was easier in the 60s and 70s because we could be scared by technology and we could believe being conquered by machines (daleks and cybermen). Now, it is a bit trickier to find points of collective and misguided fear. The Daleks are the greatest villains in sci-if land, and the success of the series is wholly dependent on them.

The new doctor? I don't see it as being "PC", it's been advocated since Peter Davison. It was going to happen sooner or later.

Ecclestone was shit.

Apparently they've already had to stop filing a few times as the new Dr. is having difficulty parking the tarsus

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I watched the latest series with my son, there's something nice about that "connection" of having new worlds of imagination opening up. I have to say that the first few episodes were fantastic, and a massive improvement on the previous series, and the stories were a bit chunkier and scarier.

It was easier in the 60s and 70s because we could be scared by technology and we could believe being conquered by machines (daleks and cybermen). Now, it is a bit trickier to find points of collective and misguided fear. The Daleks are the greatest villains in sci-if land, and the success of the series is wholly dependent on them.

The new doctor? I don't see it as being "PC", it's been advocated since Peter Davison. It was going to happen sooner or later.

Ecclestone was shit.
    inbread iddiot

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    inbread iddiot
    ?

Feels a little forced for me but she may end up being brilliant time will tell. Christopher Ecclestone was brilliant as was Matt Smith the writing let him down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Apparently they've already had to stop filing a few times as the new Dr. is having difficulty parking the tarsus
    Bloody women tardis drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Bloody women tardis drivers.

omg is that real?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    wtf is a tarsus?

Sad

And

Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Knock, knock.
    Who's there?

Tweet from super kev

"Anybody else fancy Dr.Who ?"

No stopping the man

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Political Correctness gone mad , what's it going to be like 10 years from now.
    THIS.

Dr Who is a grandfather, ffs - should never be a woman, but saw this coming a mile off.

Was half expecting a black gay woman with disabilities, so I suppose I should be grateful.

I suppose the doctor will have to take a break fom saving the universe every few weeks when she has 'that time'.

This is a time-travel show - a female doctor will have difficulty being a figure of authority in the past.

But the daleks better watch out if she has pmt.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    THIS.

Dr Who is a grandfather, ffs - should never be a woman, but saw this coming a mile off.

Was half expecting a black gay woman with disabilities, so I suppose I should be grateful.

I suppose the doctor will have to take a break fom saving the universe every few weeks when she has 'that time'.

This is a time-travel show - a female doctor will have difficulty being a figure of authority in the past.

But the daleks better watch out if she has pmt.
    You just wait till they reveal K9 is a hoover.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    At last, I can wank off to a Doctor Who without feeling guilty.

Why did you feel guilty before?!
    I'm sure they have all been very handsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

Why did you feel guilty before?!
    I'm sure they have all been very handsome.
    You've basically just done his joke again there.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    You've basically just done his joke again there.
    I've basically just done his joke again there.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Feels a little forced for me but she may end up being brilliant time will tell. Christopher Ecclestone was brilliant as was Matt Smith the writing let him down
    Agree entirely about Matt Smith (one of the better Doctors I think).

To be honest, a female Doctor is well overdue, but I agree with CCFCPhil that, following on so quickly from the Master/Missie transformation, this looks a bit forced.

Although I really enjoyed the early episodes Moffatt wrote and thought the last series was an improvement on other recent ones, I've never been much of a fan of his since he became the "main man" on the series and I reckon there is a great opportunity there of a fresh start for a show that was in danger of turning into what the original one became in the eighties.

To be honest last time I watched it was in the Hartnell /Troughton era ,which is around my childhood ,which was about right , even then the Daleks made me laugh, I quickly grew away from robotic cardboard scenes and hammy acting .

Just been to see my GP. She's a woman! Outrageous.

QUOTE: "Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker becomes 13th Time Lord, urging fans 'not to be scared by my gender'"

Just for a moment I was paralyzed with fear....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    QUOTE: "Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker becomes 13th Time Lord, urging fans 'not to be scared by my gender'"

Just for a moment I was paralyzed with fear....
    Time Lady perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just been to see my GP. She's a woman! Outrageous.
    Did you show her your sonic screwdriver?