+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ignoring Private Parking Fines

Re: Ignoring Private Parking Fines

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    I had a ticket about 18 months ago, my mrs wanted to pay it, I said " ignore it love I've read on ccmb that its ok to ignore and not to pay"

I had a few follow up letters and kept ignoring them after the advice on here.

I was county courted and it's shown on my credit score
    I'll be paying them from now on

Thanks for the advice :(
    You are seriously that stoopid 😁😁😁

I had a ticket about 18 months ago, my mrs wanted to pay it, I said " ignore it love I've read on ccmb that its ok to ignore and not to pay"

I had a few follow up letters and kept ignoring them after the advice on here.

I was county courted and it's shown on my credit score
    I'll be paying them from now on

Thanks for the advice :(
    Was this from the hospital?

If so, you're either lying or you're not telling the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Seeing as several posters are advising others to ignore based on them getting away with it on several occasions, perhaps a ccmb fund for those less lucky? 50% of cost of ticket you didn't pay for and 50% of fine you didn't pay for either on the several historical times you have done this and the future occassion too.
    I'm willing to add £20 to the fund for everyone that doesn't reply to the letters and ends up paying.

As long as you give me twenty quid for everyone that doesn't reply to the letters and gets away with it?

I'll say it again, the only reason these people are being ordered to pay is because they chose to involve themselves with the parking company. Meanwhile everyone else did the right thing and ignored their 'requests' to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I'm willing to add £20 to the fund for everyone that doesn't reply to the letters and ends up paying.

As long as you give me twenty quid for everyone that doesn't reply to the letters and gets away with it?

I'll say it again, the only reason these people are being ordered to pay is because they chose to involve themselves with the parking company. Meanwhile everyone else did the right thing and ignored their 'requests' to pay.
    This is no longer the case unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    This is no longer the case unfortunately.
    In this case it is.

Otherwise, how else do you explain the fact that they've stopped sending letters for the many tickets they've dished out over the years to my missus and the 30 odd people she works with who simply ignore their requests to pay? The only difference between them and the people who have been ordered to pay is that the other lot chose to get involved with Indigo.

Ultimately it comes down to personal choice. If you think you have to pay then give them your money. People I know will just carry on putting their letters in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Where did you have the ticket from?

From a company called new generation parking, i was parked in prospect place ferry court.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    You are seriously that stoopid ������
    Unfortunately I was that stupid, I only found out when buying the new Mercedes but luckily I had a substantial amount of cash for a deposit so it passed the finance.

Unfortunately I was that stupid, I only found out when buying the new Mercedes but luckily I had a substantial amount of cash for a deposit so it passed the finance.
    Not exactly a Focus is it?

From a company called new generation parking, i was parked in prospect place ferry court.
    I thought that company was a pay and display parking?

My son recently was declined credit because of a CCJ he knew nothing about. He moved house about 18 months ago and during the move, incurred a parking ticket at Cardiff Gate Services (he thinks). This was sent to his previous address - hence the 'not knowing about it' bit. You can't ignore a ticket of which you are ignorant, can you?

Nothing much has changed here they were always enforceable, just most companies are unlikely to take it to court for a one off £60. Whereas this is worth pursuing

Park and ride to a hospital sounds like a flawed idea to me.

I know it might be considered revolutionary but when they decide to build or expand a hospital maybe they should make sure they build or expand the carpark to cope with the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Park and ride to a hospital sounds like a flawed idea to me.

I know it might be considered revolutionary but when they decide to build or expand a hospital maybe they should make sure they build or expand the carpark to cope with the demand.
    How is it a flawed idea? By far the best solution to alleviate parking pressure on site.

Ok, so your revolutionary idea of building the carpark ( I believe the company charging took on the cost of building the car park ) or expanding ( and where exactly is it meant to expand - you want to compulsary purchase nearby houses? ) is itself flawed.

There are many things that could be done. Improve public transport. Car share for those on the same shifts. Park and ride from external sites. The reality is there are plenty of staff who park in surrounding roads causing problems and simply not giving a f*ck. They soon give a f*ck when they get ticketed. Christ, a neighbour had one twat park in his driveway!

So you get your Mercs on finance 😨😁
    Good for you home slice 😁

Whether or not nurses [and doctors ?] should have to pay for parking in work isn't the issue. The issue is should they have to pay for the thousands of parking tickets they've thrown into the bin on the way into work. The NHS/Trust agreed the contract with the Company running the car park[s], and they wouldn't have factored in hundreds of thousands of pounds in unpaid tickets.

I suspect that the British love-in with anything/anyone associated with the NHS may well have induced these staff to ignore the charges, assuming that no-one would dare ask for their money. I suspect if the Company waived these charges they would be setting an unwelcome precedent for themselves....

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Whether or not nurses [and doctors ?] should have to pay for parking in work isn't the issue. The issue is should they have to pay for the thousands of parking tickets they've thrown into the bin on the way into work. The NHS/Trust agreed the contract with the Company running the car park[s], and they wouldn't have factored in hundreds of thousands of pounds in unpaid tickets.

I suspect that the British love-in with anything/anyone associated with the NHS may well have induced these staff to ignore the charges, assuming that no-one would dare ask for their money. I suspect if the Company waived these charges they would be setting an unwelcome precedent for themselves....
    What I loved has been those claiming "we had to park illegally as we'd have been late for our shifts otherwise".

Novel idea, leave for work earlier if you're having problems parking.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    How is it a flawed idea? By far the best solution to alleviate parking pressure on site.

Ok, so your revolutionary idea of building the carpark ( I believe the company charging took on the cost of building the car park ) or expanding ( and where exactly is it meant to expand - you want to compulsary purchase nearby houses? ) is itself flawed.

There are many things that could be done. Improve public transport. Car share for those on the same shifts. Park and ride from external sites. The reality is there are plenty of staff who park in surrounding roads causing problems and simply not giving a f*ck. They soon give a f*ck when they get ticketed. Christ, a neighbour had one twat park in his driveway!
    Are patients meant to use it? I had crippling stomach surgery when I was a teenager. The idea that for our outpatient visits my mum would have to drive to the park and ride and then we would need to get on a bus to attend the visits is just absurd.

As for the rant at the end, as Lector said, you are mixing two completely different issues. The people running the hospital car park don't give people tickets for parking in your road. The people parking in your road are most probably doing it for one of 2 reasons:

1. They don't want to pay to park at work
    2. They can't find a space to park at work

How do we solve the problem of people parking in your road? More spaces and don't charge for hospital parking. Job done.

What I loved has been those claiming "we had to park illegally as we'd have been late for our shifts otherwise".

Novel idea, leave for work earlier if you're having problems parking.
    Novel idea when your shift starts at 7 am and you have to work 12 hours and the first thing you have to attend with is someone dying, or dealing with bereaved relatives.
    You know real life and death situations, not having to deal with cap like this.
    Other Welsh hospitals have free parking so why can't UHW ?
    I used to work there on Intensive Care, Coronary Care and Cardiac Surgery and parking is the last thing on ones mind as you're leaving for highly charged environments. At least it should be !!

Are patients meant to use it? I had crippling stomach surgery when I was a teenager. The idea that for our outpatient visits my mum would have to drive to the park and ride and then we would need to get on a bus to attend the visits is just absurd.

As for the rant at the end, as Lector said, you are mixing two completely different issues. The people running the hospital car park don't give people tickets for parking in your road. The people parking in your road are most probably doing it for one of 2 reasons:

1. They don't want to pay to park at work
    2. They can't find a space to park at work

How do we solve the problem of people parking in your road? More spaces and don't charge for hospital parking. Job done.
    You're believing park and ride means no car park spaces on site. It doesn't, it complements things to alleviate the problem. So your situation isn't what's being discussed.

The two issues are linked. It's self-entitlement for no valid reason. The people parking in our road are doing it for the reasons you gave yet are parking illegally on double yellows, parking illegally blocking pavements. That's classic self-entitlement especially when you point that out to them. "I paid my road tax" is the excuse most often given because magically NHS staff are allowed to park illegally or something... again, costly when they get the PCNs for their parking which are ones they can't ignore...

More spaces - where? No room on site at UHW for development of more car parking spaces. So that's out.
    Don't charge for hospital parking - when contract ends that's what will happen. Quite how the latter is going to alleviate the space problem god knows because more will try to park there.

The park and ride solution is the best solution available. Definitely needs to be expanded, shift hours worked on, but the onus is to push mainly workers to park off site and bus them in freeing up spaces for patients and visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Novel idea when your shift starts at 7 am and you have to work 12 hours and the first thing you have to attend with is someone dying, or dealing with bereaved relatives.
    You know real life and death situations, not having to deal with cap like this.
    Other Welsh hospitals have free parking so why can't UHW ?
    I used to work there on Intensive Care, Coronary Care and Cardiac Surgery and parking is the last thing on ones mind as you're leaving for highly charged environments. At least it should be !!
    Ah the "real life and death" issue to avoid the topic.

UHW is going free parking when the contract ends - had heard it was next year. Parking is subsidised as it is.

You're believing park and ride means no car park spaces on site. It doesn't, it complements things to alleviate the problem. So your situation isn't what's being discussed.

The two issues are linked. It's self-entitlement for no valid reason. The people parking in our road are doing it for the reasons you gave yet are parking illegally on double yellows, parking illegally blocking pavements. That's classic self-entitlement especially when you point that out to them. "I paid my road tax" is the excuse most often given because magically NHS staff are allowed to park illegally or something... again, costly when they get the PCNs for their parking which are ones they can't ignore...

More spaces - where? No room on site at UHW for development of more car parking spaces. So that's out.
    Don't charge for hospital parking - when contract ends that's what will happen. Quite how the latter is going to alleviate the space problem god knows because more will try to park there.

The park and ride solution is the best solution available. Definitely needs to be expanded, shift hours worked on, but the onus is to push mainly workers to park off site and bus them in freeing up spaces for patients and visitors.
    I would imagine it needs to run 24 hours a day if it is intended for staff. If it is then still cost-effective and doesn't take forever then it is a good option. It doesn't take away from the fact that building a hospital without adequate provision for parking is just bad planning.

I use a park and ride at an airport quite frequently and the service is shockingly bad.

With regards to this bit. The website says it is intended for patients, visitors and staff so it very much would apply to my situation.

I would imagine it needs to run 24 hours a day if it is intended for staff. If it is then still cost-effective and doesn't take forever then it is a good option. It doesn't take away from the fact that building a hospital without adequate provision for parking is just bad planning.

I use a park and ride at an airport quite frequently and the service is shockingly bad.
    Well, the park and ride has been up and running 2 months from memory, it's to prove it can be effective, can be a long term thing. Hours need to be addressed to cater for shifts certainly.

It's all well and good talking about adequate provision for parking, reality is nowhere has adequate provision for parking. Aim is to reduce traffic (ha!). Given the new leader of Cardiff council is a keen cyclist, helping car drivers won't be top of the list. Equally, demand on UHW in terms of staff and patients, visitors keeps on rising. There's only a finite amount of land there.

With regards to this bit. The website says it is intended for patients, visitors and staff so it very much would apply to my situation.
    Intended but not exclusive to is the key point. Aim is to push as many who can use that service and indeed want to use it. In your circumstance, it's entirely reasonable to want to park on site. For the large majority of staff and visitors along with a number of patients it can be a solution that restricts parking to the highest priority category.

I notice the people who are whinging about the consequences of not paying a Parking ticket, are the ones who are going on about taking out finance, and getting turned down through bad credit score......... Getting into debt by taking out finance is lot more risky than ignoring a parking ticket ffs. I'd never take out hp and I'd never pay a parking ticket either. I pay cash for everything. A lot safer