+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ignoring Private Parking Fines

Re: Ignoring Private Parking Fines

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I notice the people who are whinging about the consequences of not paying a Parking ticket, are the ones who are going on about taking out finance, and getting turned down through bad credit score......... Getting into debt by taking out finance is lot more risky than ignoring a parking ticket ffs. I'd never take out hp and I'd never pay a parking ticket either. I pay cash for everything. A lot safer
    I'd agree with regards to paying by cash but bizarrely, no credit score as pretty bad in it's own right.

Needed to get a mortgage out so around a year before the went from renting to purchasing a house deliberately signed up to two credit cards, used them to establish a debt and then promptly paid back on time.

Bizarrely, you need to show you can manage debt to get a credit score...

UHW have been trialling a park and ride bus service from Pentwyn, seems to be going well, will need to be expanded.[/QUOTE]

That's really feckin' great for me, having it in Pentwyn, considering I live in Caerphilly, and pick my parents up in Rhiwbina!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Ah the "real life and death" issue to avoid the topic.
    Ah the let's only focus on the parking (because it affects you) to avoid the 'real life and death' issues.

Very many employees in hospitals have to deal with serious issues.

What do you do for a living and do you have to pay to park ?

There used to be some allocated parking in the underground car parks.
    Perhaps the wonderful management stopped that in an attempt to make money from staff.

At UHW, you have two major problems, not enough parking space during the day and plenty of space for night staff who have to pay.

Doctors, nurses and staff who are front line staff should be given parking permits.

When you have staff who are administering CPR or dealing with major issues, they should NOT have to be thinking about something as pathetic as a parking ticket.

What is more stressful, getting a parking ticket from some officious, jumped up parking attendant or trying to perform major surgery ?

UHW really need to get their priorities right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    UHW have been trialling a park and ride bus service from Pentwyn, seems to be going well, will need to be expanded.
    That's really feckin' great for me, having it in Pentwyn, considering I live in Caerphilly, and pick my parents up in Rhiwbina!![/QUOTE]

Hence "will need to be expanded". Which as I posted elsewhere, included having it in different areas in addition...

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Ah the let's only focus on the parking (because it affects you) to avoid the 'real life and death' issues.

Very many employees in hospitals have to deal with serious issues.

What do you do for a living and do you have to pay to park ?

There used to be some allocated parking in the underground car parks.
    Perhaps the wonderful management stopped that in an attempt to make money from staff.

At UHW, you have two major problems, not enough parking space during the day and plenty of space for night staff who have to pay.

Doctors, nurses and staff who are front line staff should be given parking permits.

When you have staff who are administering CPR or dealing with major issues, they should NOT have to be thinking about something as pathetic as a parking ticket.

What is more stressful, getting a parking ticket from some officious, jumped up parking attendant or trying to perform major surgery ?

UHW really need to get their priorities right.
    Work from home, would love to pay for parking permit. When worked at client sites, parked where appropriate - and legally. if that meant car park, fine.

Fact is, there's higher demand than there is parking space. There are things people can do - on same shift? Car share. That would alleviate if not solve some of the problems. There's no magic way of wishing massive expanses of land to emerge to build more car parking spaces on.

People can whine, pout about it but those in court were those who cynically and deliberately took the piss for a very, very long time and are now complaining because they were found to be in the wrong. The reality is tickets were written off. The fact is reduced penalties if paid quickly were put in. Parking is subsidised - and there's the moral issue that visitors, patients who are in a worse position pay more as a result. People took the piss and now want sympathy for doing so - any other sector and your view would be completely different.

As I understand it, the fees end in the next year or so in which case parking issues won't suddenly be resolved. People will flood there because they don't have to pay and even more chaos will ensue. Parking on double yellows which regularly happens there will attract tickets...

If you're seriously telling me NHS front line staff are failing to give adequate care due to thinking about the possibility of parking tickets... dear god...

Novel idea when your shift starts at 7 am and you have to work 12 hours and the first thing you have to attend with is someone dying, or dealing with bereaved relatives.
    You know real life and death situations, not having to deal with cap like this.
    Other Welsh hospitals have free parking so why can't UHW ?
    I used to work there on Intensive Care, Coronary Care and Cardiac Surgery and parking is the last thing on ones mind as you're leaving for highly charged environments. At least it should be !!
    F***** lazy civil service c***. get a proper job!!

Work from home, would love to pay for parking permit. When worked at client sites, parked where appropriate - and legally. if that meant car park, fine.

Fact is, there's higher demand than there is parking space. There are things people can do - on same shift? Car share. That would alleviate if not solve some of the problems. There's no magic way of wishing massive expanses of land to emerge to build more car parking spaces on.

People can whine, pout about it but those in court were those who cynically and deliberately took the piss for a very, very long time and are now complaining because they were found to be in the wrong. The reality is tickets were written off. The fact is reduced penalties if paid quickly were put in. Parking is subsidised - and there's the moral issue that visitors, patients who are in a worse position pay more as a result. People took the piss and now want sympathy for doing so - any other sector and your view would be completely different.

As I understand it, the fees end in the next year or so in which case parking issues won't suddenly be resolved. People will flood there because they don't have to pay and even more chaos will ensue. Parking on double yellows which regularly happens there will attract tickets...

If you're seriously telling me NHS front line staff are failing to give adequate care due to thinking about the possibility of parking tickets... dear god...
    Yeah, it isn't like anyone could really become obsessed with parking issues is it??!

There is a solution to the lack of spaces though. Knock down the two story car park (the one as you come off the slip road just past the flyover) and build it as high as it needs to go.

It'll take up no more space than the present one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    There is a solution to the lack of spaces though. Knock down the two story car park (the one as you come off the slip road just past the flyover) and build it as high as it needs to go.

Great apart from it getting in the way of the Air Ambulance

Problem then is you lose those parking spaces there whilst that's being rebuilt.

What's needed is an incentive to park elsewhere ( numerous park and rides ) to alleviate demand, with onus on having parking for patients and visitors.

So you're very lucky if you can find a car parking space. The usual for UHW staff are that you have to find somewhere else to park as the car parks are full.

Imagine, may be difficult for you with your preconceived ideas, that you're attending a client's property or premises and there is no parking available and you're driving around trying to find somewhere, anywhere to park. You might be lucky to find somewhere over a mile away or you end up being 'forced' to park on double yellows even though it may not impede traffic flow or pedestrian passage.
    There needs joined up thinking. Many people have moved to the streets surrounding UHW and know of the problems with parking.
    Maybe they could part of an answer. Just like airbnb rent out properties, perhaps home owners could rent out their drive or space outside their property IF they are not likely to use it during the day.
    Just one idea, car share has been in place for decades.
    Any other constructive ideas ?

So you're very lucky if you can find a car parking space. The usual for UHW staff are that you have to find somewhere else to park as the car parks are full.

Imagine, may be difficult for you with your preconceived ideas, that you're attending a client's property or premises and there is no parking available and you're driving around trying to find somewhere, anywhere to park. You might be lucky to find somewhere over a mile away or you end up being 'forced' to park on double yellows even though it may not impede traffic flow or pedestrian passage.
    There needs joined up thinking. Many people have moved to the streets surrounding UHW and know of the problems with parking.
    Maybe they could part of an answer. Just like airbnb rent out properties, perhaps home owners could rent out their drive or space outside their property IF they are not likely to use it during the day.
    Just one idea, car share has been in place for decades.
    Any other constructive ideas ?
    I tend to plan any client visits. Contact them to see if parking is available. If not, leave earlier to find a legal spot. That way I don't get "forced" to park on double yellow lines even though I could try to use this new defence that it "may not impede traffic flow or pedestrian passage".

Blaming people who moved near UHW? That's an interesting view.

People could rent out driveways ( where they have driveways that is ), sure. Would that provide enough spaces? No. Car sharing is something I've mentioned before. Problem is, people for the most part don't want to have to wait for others, just want to get in their car and travel which is part of the problem. The park and ride is definitely something that if expanded and handled properly should help a fair bit - needs pickup points across and outside Cardiff to be effective. Maybe even, longer term, look to move some of the facilities out of the UHW estate. It can't carry on getting bigger and bigger after all - and the pressure on it will only be increased with the LDP.

I just object to the "I was forced to park illegally" rubbish. Nobody forces anyone to park illegally. It's a choice somebody decided to make. Can't then deny any consequences for doing that.

I'd knock down ccfc_is_my_life's house and build a multi story car park there!

Seriously though, something does need to be done. How about (and this will really cause ccfc_is_my_life to become mega irate) the council abolish double yellow lines, and resident's parking only, in the Heath area around the hospital. Therefore giving up more parking spaces for those that work at the hospital, patients attending, and those that need to take their elderly and infirm relatives/friends to the hospital. All of this parking should, of course, be FREE. Not by charging for this parking, therefore fleecing and ripping people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'd knock down ccfc_is_my_life's house and build a multi story car park there!

Seriously though, something does need to be done. How about (and this will really cause ccfc_is_my_life to become mega irate) the council abolish double yellow lines, and resident's parking only, in the Heath area around the hospital. Therefore giving up more parking spaces for those that work at the hospital, patients attending, and those that need to take their elderly and infirm relatives/friends to the hospital. All of this parking should, of course, be FREE. Not by charging for this parking, therefore fleecing and ripping people off.
    An even better idea would be to make parking at UHW weight-dependent. Slim staff, park no problem. The mass of overweight nurses? Make them park 5 miles away, at a specified time and have to run in to get to work by a certain time. Give them a fine if they are late.

Would help stop them looking a tad hypocritical when they advise patients to lose weight. They'd probably have a better chance of achieving their lifetime dream of bagging a consultant if they got in shape too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Great apart from it getting in the way of the Air Ambulance
    I'm pretty sure they can fly around it.

Just like they fly around numerous other tall buildings.

An even better idea would be to make parking at UHW weight-dependent. Slim staff, park no problem. The mass of overweight nurses? Make them park 5 miles away, at a specified time and have to run in to get to work by a certain time. Give them a fine if they are late.

Would help stop them looking a tad hypocritical when they advise patients to lose weight. They'd probably have a better chance of achieving their lifetime dream of bagging a consultant if they got in shape too.

What about the fat ugly ones who car share with skinny fit ones though?

Would they have to be dropped off a few streets away while the skinny one continues onward?

What if it's fattys turn to drive? Would skinny be forced to run as well?

You haven't really thought this through in my opinion.

What about the fat ugly ones who car share with skinny fit ones though?

Would they have to be dropped off a few streets away while the skinny one continues onward?

What if it's fattys turn to drive? Would skinny be forced to run as well?

You haven't really thought this through in my opinion.
    The skinny ones car sharing with fat ones would protest if they weren't let in. Standard female behaviour - have a fat one with you so you look better by comparison.

The skinny ones car sharing with fat ones would protest if they weren't let in. Standard female behaviour - have a fat one with you so you look better by comparison.
    Little tip for you: If you've got a choice, always go for the chubbster. She'll make more effort in bed and she'll be more grateful generally.

Edit: they're also more comfy to sit next to on the settee.

Brilliant reply matey

I take my hat off to you and your absolutely awesome idea of easing the parking problems at the Heath Hospital

As a regular visitor to the Heath over the last six years due to my elderly and infirm parents having a whole plethora of appointments, nothing irates me more (other than being fleeced for parking, of course) than seeing nurses outside the concourse 'avin a fag. FFS

Isn't describing a female as fat considered sexist these days? If not sexist then some other ist. Why not go with plump, rotund or well proportioned lump? If you care to use the F word again in relation to women then I may decide to get offended on their behalf.

You should rename yourself as uhw_parking_is_my_life
    As to the above comments, as there are no smileys or any hint that you're joking, then one can safely assume that you are a condescending pr!ck 😉

How about building a 10 storey car park on part of Heath Park. There is, or used to be a part time pitch and putt golf course there that could be easily utilised. When that is built, knock down the other smaller multi storeys and replace with more high rise car parking.

Maybe the NIMBYs like uhw_parking_is_my_life would have apoplexy 😀😀 at least it would stop the need for people parking in front of other people's houses.

You should rename yourself as uhw_parking_is_my_life
    As to the above comments, as there are no smileys or any hint that you're joking, then one can safely assume that you are a condescending pr!ck 
    Seriously? No hint?