+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ignoring Private Parking Fines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ignoring Private Parking Fines

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I'm sure you'll understand perfectly next time you're elderly mother is left in her own piss because the nurse looking after her has been trying to find somewhere to park for 45 minutes.

Or maybe the doctor waiting to examine your distressed newborn baby has been unexpectedly held up because he's had to walk half a mile due to the lack of spaces.

As for public transport, do you think nurses work 9-5?
    I'm sure next time I have to push my child in a buggy on the road because a hospital staff member has parked blocking the pavement that my thoughts will be with the lives they save that day...

As one ****wit doctor said "how is parking on the pavement illegal"? Well, when nobody can get past it is. ****er wasn't smiling when he returned to his car to see it ticketed...

UHW have been trialling a park and ride bus service from Pentwyn, seems to be going well, will need to be expanded.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'm sure next time I have to push my child in a buggy on the road because a hospital staff member has parked blocking the pavement that my thoughts will be with the lives they save that day...

As one ****wit doctor said "how is parking on the pavement illegal"? Well, when nobody can get past it is. ****er wasn't smiling when he returned to his car to see it ticketed...

UHW have been trialling a park and ride bus service from Pentwyn, seems to be going well, will need to be expanded.
    I'm assuming that you were pushing your child in a buggy during a visit to the hospital.

That hospital staff member parked on the pavement in order to get to work to help people like you and your child.

I'm assuming that you were pushing your child in a buggy during a visit to the hospital.

That hospital staff member parked on the pavement in order to get to work to help people like you and your child.
    No. Nice moralising to try to make a point but an utter fail.

I was pushing my child in a buggy to get out of the street I live in to get to the local park.

That hospital staff member parked like a **** because they are a ****. A **** who gave zero ****s about parking illegally or the obstruction caused.

When we first moved here a decade ago, we routinely had 10-15 hospital staff causing problems with ridiculous parking each and every day - traffic enforcement has cleared that but we still get idiots. We particularly enjoyed the irony that an ambulance couldn't get down the road due to the parking of hospital staff a few years ago.

No.

I was pushing my child in a buggy to get out of the street I live in to get to the local park.

That hospital staff member parked like a **** because they are a ****.
    Not saying it's right but what's the solution here.

If there's no parking at the hospital what should people do?

Not saying it's right but what's the solution here.

If there's no parking at the hospital what should people do?
    Ooooh, oooooh, I get it.

Don't block pavements, don't park on double yellow lines. Why should hospital staff be allowed to do so?

Ooooh, oooooh, I get it.

Don't block pavements, don't park on double yellow lines. Why should hospital staff be allowed to do so?
    Of course they shouldn't.

If they do they deserve a ticket.

However this thread is about people being charged to park in the hospital.

Of course they shouldn't.

If they do they deserve a ticket.

However this thread is about people being charged to park in the hospital.
    Charging is one deterrent to park, which should mean people look to park elsewhere relieving pressure on spaces in theory. In practice...

The problem is demand will always remain high, number of spaces isn't going to increase. Problems will still occur in and out of the UHW site; make it free, spaces will still be limited.

Roads around UHW will still experience problems.

You're right, it does need to be expanded.

The simple fact is that there's not enough parking for staff and patients.

But then I guess that's what happens when local hospitals get closed down and UHW has to deal with an ever increasing population.

You're right, it does need to be expanded.

The simple fact is that there's not enough parking for staff and patients.

But then I guess that's what happens when local hospitals get closed down and UHW has to deal with an ever increasing population.
    You're right, there are parking issues. UHW could encourage, reward car sharing where possible for example. The park and ride bus service from people I know who have used it has worked well so far. They definitely need to establish it at other sites rather than just Pentwyn.

UHW have been trialling a park and ride bus service from Pentwyn, seems to be going well, will need to be expanded.[/QUOTE]

That's really feckin' great for me, having it in Pentwyn, considering I live in Caerphilly, and pick my parents up in Rhiwbina!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    That's really feckin' great for me, having it in Pentwyn, considering I live in Caerphilly, and pick my parents up in Rhiwbina!![/QUOTE]

Hence "will need to be expanded". Which as I posted elsewhere, included having it in different areas in addition...