+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ignoring Private Parking Fines

Re: Ignoring Private Parking Fines

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Just saying but if they allocate more spaces to staff then there'll be less spaces for patients and visitors.
    I see what you're saying. We need to get rid of these patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'm happy to pay for parking when I have cause to go to the UHW but even then it's still a pain in the knob to find a space. Just can't win.
    Ironic that your malady worsens upon visiting the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'm happy to pay for parking when I have cause to go to the UHW but even then it's still a pain in the knob to find a space. Just can't win.
    Exactly.

If you can't find a space and you're shift starts in five minutes, or you're appointment was ten minutes ago then what's the alternative?

Personally I think they need to only allow parking for staff and disabled.

Alternatively build a few layers onto the multi story and charge people a quid until the cost of building it is recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Ironic that your malady worsens upon visiting the hospital.
    It's ironic that ma lady caused the problem in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Exactly.

If you can't find a space and you're shift starts in five minutes, or you're appointment was ten minutes ago then what's the alternative?

Personally I think they need to only allow parking for staff and disabled.

Alternatively build a few layers onto the multi story and charge people a quid until the cost of building it is recovered.
    Or underground parking. Take a tip from the new LIDL in Llandaff North village and carve out the underneath of all the buildings for parking space.

It's Heath Hospital Street not UHW Alley ffs.

Timetable.JPG

The park and ride is a great idea to relieve parking, however it is not suitable for those who work day shifts and don't finish until 7.30 like nurses.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Timetable.JPG

The park and ride is a great idea to relieve parking, however it is not suitable for those who work day shifts and don't finish until 7.30 like nurses.
    It's an initial 3 month trial to prove the concept tbh. They've already stated they'll be looking at demand and increasing hours available. In an ideal world it would be more a 24 hour service - and needs to be from additional overflow car parks other than just Pentwyn.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's an initial 3 month trial to prove the concept tbh. They've already stated they'll be looking at demand and increasing hours available. In an ideal world it would be more a 24 hour service - and needs to be from additional overflow car parks other than just Pentwyn.
    But how can they assess the demand from nurses finishing at 7.30pm when the last bus leaves at 7.15?
    The demand for a 7.45 bus can't be assessed from 7.15 users.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Nurses will have to cough up thousands.....
    Shouldn't be a problem. Nurses are having a pay review soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem. Nurses are having a pay review soon.
    Until NHS staff (and the rest of the public sector) take on this government they will continue to be paid less in real terms every year because there's no magic money tree for them but is for Her Maj, politicians, bankers and scores of countries who will receive 13.3 billion quid this year in Overseas Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    But how can they assess the demand from nurses finishing at 7.30pm when the last bus leaves at 7.15?
    The demand for a 7.45 bus can't be assessed from 7.15 users.
    If there's significant interest in nurses wanting to use it outside the existing hours, that would be evident. Again, the whole point was the service is an initial tester to assess how viable / useful it is. As everyone seems to like the service so far, signs are good for it's continuance and improvement.

The only reason that they were taken to court was because there were loads of parking tickets and well worth the company taking the three biggest offenders in a class action to court, as the result is binding on all of them, not sure how that works though. ?

Problems looking for a car parking space at the hospital? You just have to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    The title of this thread tells you the real story here.

Ultimately ignoring the charges is what these people should have done.

The fact that they didn't is why they're now being ordered to pay.

Don't acknowledge them and there's nothing they can do. Respond to them and they can take action.

My missus works there and every single person she works with doesn't pay. Some days they get tickets, some days they don't. The tickets go in the bin, as do the letters they send 'asking' for payment. This has gone on for years and not one of the tickets has been chased through further action.

The reason they took these people through the civil court system was because the people tried to get the charges ruled as invalid. Technically they shot themselves in the foot by getting involved as a collective group - the parking company pursued it because collectively the fines amounted to such a large amount. If they'd just ignored the charges on an individual basis then they would have been fine.

Before anyone replies with the 'why should people think they can get away without paying' line, I'll just add this:

About ten years ago it was announced that parking charges were to be abolished at Welsh NHS hospitals. However staff were told that any private parking firms that had contracts would be allowed to see out the contracts so people might still have to pay at some hospitals 'for a few years' - ten years later these cowboys are still fleecing people and nobody seems to know why these people are still allowed to charge (surely it can't be a money making scheme can it? )
    If you indulge in ANY correspondence at all with them, then they will chase you for payment. Just ignore them altogether.

Never payed one (I've had quite a few) never had any bother from bailiffs. Like previous poster stated...just ignore anything to do with them. Rip letters up and throw in bin

And the special relationship DUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Never payed one (I've had quite a few) never had any bother from bailiffs. Like previous poster stated...just ignore anything to do with them. Rip letters up and throw in bin
    RIP

Telling people to ignore these fines is telling them to take a risk of it progressing so the conclusion that "it just goes away" is misleading and clearly, potentially, very expensive. I would, however, seek advice as not all parking fines are enforceable.

BBC Wales covered this and it seems more shades of grey than black and white which the headline "hospital workers taken to court over parking at hospital" would suggest.

I've lost count how many I've had from the asda by ccs eventually they give up with their bullshit letters

Seeing as several posters are advising others to ignore based on them getting away with it on several occasions, perhaps a ccmb fund for those less lucky? 50% of cost of ticket you didn't pay for and 50% of fine you didn't pay for either on the several historical times you have done this and the future occassion too.

I had a ticket about 18 months ago, my mrs wanted to pay it, I said " ignore it love I've read on ccmb that its ok to ignore and not to pay"

I had a few follow up letters and kept ignoring them after the advice on here.

I was county courted and it's shown on my credit score
    I'll be paying them from now on

Thanks for the advice :(

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    I had a ticket about 18 months ago, my mrs wanted to pay it, I said " ignore it love I've read on ccmb that its ok to ignore and not to pay"

I had a few follow up letters and kept ignoring them after the advice on here.

I was county courted and it's shown on my credit score
    I'll be paying them from now on

Thanks for the advice :(
    Where did you have the ticket from?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Where did you have the ticket from?
    Asda carpark

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Asda carpark