+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SKY DEALS

Re: SKY DEALS

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Ive just cancelled and waiting for my call to tempt me back. I got HD, multi room and full package except movies (no broadband/phone). Was paying £87 they offered £57, I initially accepted but they fooked it up and I then cancelled. Hoping for £40-£50 and Ill renew. Keep us informed, its worth us sharing what we get. Helps us all.
    Well, Sky went off today. Im left with free to air channels only - the day before the season starts! Ive had no calls to tempt me back. Im getting earache already. Ill see how long we can go but surely theyll be ringing me soon

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Well, Sky went off today. Im left with free to air channels only - the day before the season starts! Ive had no calls to tempt me back. Im getting earache already. Ill see how long we can go but surely theyll be ringing me soon
    this is what happened to me last year (not with sky with virgin) I downgraded to the basic tv package instead of the xl , I said it was t expensive , they said ok and cancelled it (this was 8 months ago), I' still waiting for my call to tempt me with an offer

I probably have not got the best deal but here goes:

Upgrade to Sky Q, Sky Sports HD, Sky Go, landline, broadband £84.19 per month

Was paying £112 per month

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...=facebook-post

I'm a Sky Black customer, but i suspect if i accept a gift they will want more money from me

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I'm a Sky Black customer, but i suspect if i accept a gift they will want more money from me

Update
    Cancelled, told them to forget it and I would be changing to BT
    Got the phone call last Sunday, kept it at the old price and offered me a credit for the new charge I'd incurred

Why didn't they just ring me towards the end of my deal and offer me that in the first place?

I signed up for 18 months, happy days

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Once your deal has ended, what's the best deal anyone has had on here recently
    Full Sky package with multi room,HD, broadband and phone

Just finished my year's deal and now there asking a fortune to renew, £130 per month

so that's a no from me then

Who's had the best deal recently?
    Sky Q all packages £45.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Sky Q all packages £45.
    Tell him about your UHD too, go on.

I cancelled sports at the end of May. Then cancelled my Sky TV package on July 1. Last weekend I called up and they offered me 50% off any TV package, HD and my broadband for 12 months. Tidy darts indeed.

I'm on 50% off at the mo with sky. £47 for all packages inc a multi room. No broadband in that. I get that separate from BT. The internet is so good and totally unlimited (we download about 300-400gb a month) that I'm not going to change it, even if it's not the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Anyone use IPTV for sport? Any good?

My openbox is now useless but Ive been offered to run IPTV on it for £45.
    iptv is great but not to clever on openbox`s mate

anyone got a smart tv with the SMART IPTV APP want a test let me know.
    can also give you m3u test for firestick/pc/laptop whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Tell him about your UHD too, go on.
    Well, that is part of the deal. What's the problem? The cricket looked great yesterday.

I'm on 50% off at the mo with sky. £47 for all packages inc a multi room. No broadband in that. I get that separate from BT. The internet is so good and totally unlimited (we download about 300-400gb a month) that I'm not going to change it, even if it's not the cheapest.
    What speeds are you getting with BT Mike? I upgraded to 76Mbps, but my speed has dropped since the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    What speeds are you getting with BT Mike? I upgraded to 76Mbps, but my speed has dropped since the upgrade.
    I just checked via wifi and i got 60mbps (and I'm watching Netflix streaming on the TV at the moment as well)

what do you download? seems a hell of a lot of data. or is it just streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Update
    Cancelled, told them to forget it and I would be changing to BT
    Got the phone call last Sunday, kept it at the old price and offered me a credit for the new charge I'd incurred

Why didn't they just ring me towards the end of my deal and offer me that in the first place?

I signed up for 18 months, happy days
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    what do you download? seems a hell of a lot of data. or is it just streaming?
    streaming. Netflix, on demand, movies etc

Actually I just spoke at length to Sky.

I have just upgraded to Sky Q, kept my monthly payment for all packages at £47 a month (I need to re-negotiate in December) but as I am a Sky Black customer the Sky Q equipment and set up was free.

Normally £199 for the SkyQ box and installation plus I got a mini box as well worth £99 because I am already a multi-room subscriber.

More than happy with that. It's being fitted later this week and you can keep the old Sky HD box to use as a freeview box in another room as well if you want.

Check with Sky about Sky VIP and see what you are eligible for. I also get a free movie download with DVD as well plus there's other offers and daft things like priority phone calling (they don't put you in the regular queue, your phone no. is logged so they answer you in a couple of mins).

I had high hopes that this new Sky VIP reward scheme would offer something worthwhile for loyalty but it's not worth a toss to current customers and will do nothing to retain current users.
    Not quite sure why they bothered doing anything tbh if this is the best they can offer for 15 years of continuous custom!

I have just upgraded to Sky Q, kept my monthly payment for all packages at £47 a month (I need to re-negotiate in December) but as I am a Sky Black customer the Sky Q equipment and set up was free.

Normally £199 for the SkyQ box and installation plus I got a mini box as well worth £99 because I am already a multi-room subscriber.

More than happy with that. It's being fitted later this week and you can keep the old Sky HD box to use as a freeview box in another room as well if you want.

Check with Sky about Sky VIP and see what you are eligible for. I also get a free movie download with DVD as well plus there's other offers and daft things like priority phone calling (they don't put you in the regular queue, your phone no. is logged so they answer you in a couple of mins).
    What is a "Sky Black" customer?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    15 years plus with Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Unlikely to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    15 years plus with Sky
    Thanks. Just joined and got a free movie.

Mike, I'm fairly certain I have had over 15 years with Sky, a couple of questions:

You say your payment stays the same, so you are not paying the extra £12 per month. Is that because you already have multi-room ?

Did you need to download the app in order to get this offer ?

At the moment we dont have multiroom, but have 3 TVs in the house. If I upgrade will I get access on each TV and be able to watch a different channel on each of them at no cost ?

I am paying £59 for everything, how come you only pay £47 (assuming you have everything)

Are you glad you upgraded ?

Ta

I think they change the LNB on the Sky Dish for Sky Q and it's not compatible with the old Sky boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I think they change the LNB on the Sky Dish for Sky Q and it's not compatible with the old Sky boxes.
    correct