+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: bristol city

bristol city

relegated this year? i am tempted to put a tenner on it.

Re: bristol city

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    relegated this year? i am tempted to put a tenner on it.

I don't think anyone will be relegated by December 31st

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We would've been last year if we kept Trollope!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    i meant seeson of course. duh

Duh.

Oh, I see son.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We would've been last year if we kept Trollope!
    No we couldn't have been. At the time Trollope was sacked, we were on 8 points. At the end of the year, the team above the relegation zone was on 20 points. With 23 games remaining, there were 69 points on offer, so there was absolutely no chance of us being mathematically relegated on Dec 31st. We couldn't have been relegated on Jan 31st, Feb 31st or March 31st either.

The thing with getting our main transfer business done so early is that most other clubs are still in the team building stage and they will be making a lot more signings between now and the end of August than we will. For now, many of our rival's squads will look much like they did last season and so we can look at them and think we have a better squad than them at the moment.

However, it's in the nature of things that we'll look at the signings other clubs will make in the next few weeks and become more pessimistic about our chances as cash is splashed elsewhere. Of course, there will be sides who spend a lot only to be mediocre mid tablers or worse - that's what happened to the wurzels last season, but I'd be surprised if they went down this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No we couldn't have been. At the time Trollope was sacked, we were on 8 points. At the end of the year, the team above the relegation zone was on 20 points. With 23 games remaining, there were 69 points on offer, so there was absolutely no chance of us being mathematically relegated on Dec 31st. We couldn't have been relegated on Jan 31st, Feb 31st or March 31st either.
    Thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thanks for that, I'll learn to never make a tongue in cheek comment for fear of being absolutely leathered like I have here.