Gone to 'Boro from Forest for £14m

Who scoffed at £20m for Kenneth Z.??

Re: Britt Assombalonga

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Everyone. That's just ridiculous.

Not yet, Assombalonga has a better record than our Ken. Although if KZ continues the way he did in the second half of last season, maybe next summer he will be, and will have continental clubs after him too.

That's worrying as it might mean that Hull would be prepared to go for the £15M Warnock first proposed. If we are going to have a chance to achieve anything this year we need KZ up front...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    That's worrying as it might mean that Hull would be prepared to go for the £15M Warnock first proposed. If we are going to have a chance to achieve anything this year we need KZ up front...
    I think Hull nay go closer to £20m for KZ. Every team needs a goal scorer.

Nobody is going to pay £15-20m for a guy who's had half a decent season ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    We will see young man.

I think Hull nay go closer to £20m for KZ. Every team needs a goal scorer.
    Step away from the crackpipe.....

I hope not too, but I'm starting to get uneasy about the amounts of money being thrown around by the relegated sides. I honestly don't think £20M is seen as that much any more - especially for a big powerful and mobile forward who can also score goals. Don't forget he recently got a brace for the Danish U-23's, as well as 2 assists - all in one game.

I think it's 50:50 whether KZ will see the start of the new season with us...

I'm with Nick on this one. Nobody is saying Zohore is worth £20 million but the transfer market has gone crazy. The price for Lukaku was ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I hope not too, but I'm starting to get uneasy about the amounts of money being thrown around by the relegated sides. I honestly don't think £20M is seen as that much any more - especially for a big powerful and mobile forward who can also score goals. Don't forget he recently got a brace for the Danish U-23's, as well as 2 assists - all in one game.

I think it's 50:50 whether KZ will see the start of the new season with us...
    I think he'd be sold if someone waved £10m our way too but can't see that happening either as it stands

I think he'd be sold if someone waved £10m our way too but can't see that happening either as it stands
    Every time i watched Forest last season Assombalonga was on the bench.
    Zohore is young, hungry and proved in the u21 championships that he can have an impact against very good players.

I honestly don't think we'll let him go for £10 million at the moment. I loved reading about Warnock's conversation with the guy from Hull in the coldplay gig.

If you haven't read it he says, "i bet you wish i wasn't at Cardiff cos you'd probably have Zohore by now."

He's not stupid and he's seen the growth of Zohore as a player. If Jepson can get him attacking the ball in the air and to be a bit nastier then we could have the complete centre forward on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Every time i watched Forest last season Assombalonga was on the bench.
    Zohore is young, hungry and proved in the u21 championships that he can have an impact against very good players.

I honestly don't think we'll let him go for £10 million at the moment. I loved reading about Warnock's conversation with the guy from Hull in the coldplay gig.

If you haven't read it he says, "i bet you wish i wasn't at Cardiff cos you'd probably have Zohore by now."

He's not stupid and he's seen the growth of Zohore as a player. If Jepson can get him attacking the ball in the air and to be a bit nastier then we could have the complete centre forward on our hands.
    Assombolonga has scored 30 goals in 47 games for Forest having previously been prolific for Peterborough. He's 24 and just been sold for £14m

Zohore is around the same age and has had half a season where he performed very well and he wasn't first choice for Denmark u21s this summer either but bagged a couple of goals in the dead rubber last game.
    He's worth £20m though

Hmmmmm

He may well go on to be that player but right now NOBODY is paying £20m for KZ

Assombolonga has scored 30 goals in 47 games for Forest having previously been prolific for Peterborough. He's 24 and just been sold for £14m

Zohore is around the same age and has had half a season where he performed very well and he wasn't first choice for Denmark u21s this summer either but bagged a couple of goals in the dead rubber last game.
    He's worth £20m though

Hmmmmm

He may well go on to be that player but right now NOBODY is paying £20m for KZ
    Exactly but that's good news. Nobody is going to pay what we think he's worth so I'm not worried in the slightest. It wasn't a dead rubber that he scored a brace in, he also was the only striker in the u21 squad that was training for the main team.

Assombalonga came on the scene scoring almost a goal a game at Peterbro then Forest.
    He then suffered a serious injury and came back late in the season before last.
    He got 14 in a full season ( albeit a lot of games on the bench)

Ken got a similar amount in half a season.

If I was to put money on one of those 2 playing for a top half Prem side then it would be Zohore.

He's got a lot to prove and may yet fail. However I'd also say Assombalonga needs to prove the injury hasn't affected him. I think he's a gamble too.

As for Hull, they seem to be selling good players rather than buying at the moment

I'm with Nick on this one. Nobody is saying Zohore is worth £20 million but the transfer market has gone crazy. The price for Lukaku was ridiculous
    I agree. Nick could be right on this one, the transfer market is daft and the relegated sides know a quick return will net them £200m. 15-20 goals is worth £20m these days. If he flops, he can be sold for half that, so it is a calculated gamble.

I don't think it will happen until transfer deadline day though, and I also think transfer deadline day this season will be bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Everyone. That's just ridiculous.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Exactly but that's good news. Nobody is going to pay what we think he's worth so I'm not worried in the slightest. It wasn't a dead rubber that he scored a brace in, he also was the only striker in the u21 squad that was training for the main team.
    Of course it's good news. This time next year, or even in January we may well get an eye watering offer but where we are now and with what he's done it's just not going to happen.

Denmark lost their first two games btw so that's a dead rubber in my books, they were out already

I think there has to be a roof on how much championship strikers could go for and I can't see it being much higher than that. This seasons transfer costs seem to be the craziest in all the time I can remember.

I know we haven't seen a lot of Zahore but I really don't see a better striker around than him at the moment in this division. He seems to have everything .

We have proven you can go up without a goal scorer however if not ideal.

A team getting that amount of money from one player is in a good position to strengthen in many areas. Especially if you can pick up good loan players.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I think there has to be a roof on how much championship strikers could go for and I can't see it being much higher than that. This seasons transfer costs seem to be the craziest in all the time I can remember.

I know we haven't seen a lot of Zahore but I really don't see a better striker around than him at the moment in this division. He seems to have everything .

We have proven you can go up without a goal scorer however if not ideal.

A team getting that amount of money from one player is in a good position to strengthen in many areas. Especially if you can pick up good loan players.
    Maybe, but the disruption caused would be more than the money earned would cover. We'd have to replace Zohore directly meaning spending a lot of any fee on one (loan?) player. I think selling Zohore would destroy our chances for this season as it would send out all the wrong messages.

I think you've got to ask yourself, who would you prefer in your team Assombalonga or Zohore.
    Zohore for me every day of the week.

Of course it's good news. This time next year, or even in January we may well get an eye watering offer but where we are now and with what he's done it's just not going to happen.

Denmark lost their first two games btw so that's a dead rubber in my books, they were out already
    Denmark were but the Czech's weren't, so it wasn't a dead rubber. The Czech's had to win.

I think you've got to ask yourself, who would you prefer in your team Assombalonga or Zohore.
    Zohore for me every day of the week.
    Agree 100%. Ken every time!

Assombalonga has 30 goals at this level from 70 games
    Zohore has 14 from 41.
    If he's got another 15+ goals by this time next year I think we will be getting offers of this or higher for Kenneth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Assombalonga has 30 goals at this level from 70 games
    Zohore has 14 from 41.
    If he's got another 15+ goals by this time next year I think we will be getting offers of this or higher for Kenneth.
    Zohore would need to get 20 goals to match Assombalonga's price. Assombalonga only started 20 games last season, and was half fit and still managed 14 goals. If (and that's a huge if) he stays fit, he's guaranteed goals at this level. Having said all of that, if Zohore scored 20 goals, I think his value would exceed Assombalonga's. If you wanted to build a striker, he'd be 6 foot plus, quick, strong and can finish.