+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Britt Assombalonga

Re: Britt Assombalonga

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Zohore would need to get 20 goals to match Assombalonga's price. Assombalonga only started 20 games last season, and was half fit and still managed 14 goals. If (and that's a huge if) he stays fit, he's guaranteed goals at this level. Having said all of that, if Zohore scored 20 goals, I think his value would exceed Assombalonga's. If you wanted to build a striker, he'd be 6 foot plus, quick, strong and can finish.
    Not only that mate, his improvement has been off the scale.
    With Assombalonga you kinda know what you're gonna get.
    Zohore's link up play, finishing and basic centre forward play is unrecognizable from a year ago.

You have to remember that he didn't have anyone to play up top with him all last season too.

He linked up great with the lad who played off him for Denmark vs Czech. I'm hoping he can nurture similar understanding with players like Ward, Saadi, Tomlin.

I really think he'll be even better this year and you can tell by his tweets that his confidence is through the roof at the moment.

It is inevitable zohore has a stinking first few weeks after this summer.

Then our fans will say we should've sold "the donkey".

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Not only that mate, his improvement has been off the scale.
    With Assombalonga you kinda know what you're gonna get.
    Zohore's link up play, finishing and basic centre forward play is unrecognizable from a year ago.

You have to remember that he didn't have anyone to play up top with him all last season too.

He linked up great with the lad who played off him for Denmark vs Czech. I'm hoping he can nurture similar understanding with players like Ward, Saadi, Tomlin.

I really think he'll be even better this year and you can tell by his tweets that his confidence is through the roof at the moment.
    I was at Burnley in the back end of 2015/16 and you could tell there was something there. He's really raw still but he's making big strides. For me, the best game he had was against Huddersfield, he scored a great goal, got Ward sent off and then squared two passed for Bennett to score. It was great to see him have some real composure, he's starting to score the goals you think good strikers score, as opposed to the more individual efforts he scored in the early part of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I was at Burnley in the back end of 2015/16 and you could tell there was something there. He's really raw still but he's making big strides. For me, the best game he had was against Huddersfield, he scored a great goal, got Ward sent off and then squared two passed for Bennett to score. It was great to see him have some real composure, he's starting to score the goals you think good strikers score, as opposed to the more individual efforts he scored in the early part of 2017.
    You must have been the only person on the planet who saw something in Zohore at the end of 2015/2016. Both Trollope and Warnock thought he was a waste of space up until October last year. Sounds like a bit of hindsight to me. All the fans I knew were on his back until Warnock got hold of him and read him the riot act , since when he has never looked back. Warnock must take most of the credit for this. All this selling Zohore nonsense now is mainly media talk backed up by so called fans who like to stir up trouble. The club and Warnock have unequivocally stated that he is not for sale, the player is happy here as well. Why the hell would he want to sign for Hull ? - smaller club, smaller stadium, poorer manager with no championship experience and getting rid of their best players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Nobody is going to pay £15-20m for a guy who's had half a decent season ffs
    You are of course correct. Some ccfc fans live in lala land im afraid. What is more worrying is that these so called fans would take some satisfaction if we did get 20m just to prove a point!!

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    You are of course correct. Some ccfc fans live in lala land im afraid. What is more worrying is that these so called fans would take some satisfaction if we did get 20m just to prove a point!!
    Cheer up Linus ffs

Regardless of wether hes worth 7,8,15 or 20m its been a great bit of business by Ken Choo and the team, im sure you will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post

There are some other fans that would take satisfaction if Zohore had a shit season and didn't score any goals just to prove their point!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There are some other fans that would take satisfaction if Zohore had a shit season and didn't score any goals just to prove their point!
    We have already endured that in his early times with us but i would like ccfc to get the best of him not someone else?
    Do you understand that ?