+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loïc Damour

Loïc Damour

I just watched him giving an interview on iFollow. I know it may sound silly at this early stage and how could anyone gauge anything from an interview? However, I have a feeling about this guy, I think he could be the surprise package for the coming season.

He just comes across as very honest, sincere and, well... very indebted towards the club and Neil Warnock in particular.
    Warnock also said he looked one of the fittest players he has worked with - non-stop energy and movement.

I remember as a teenager, when we signed a certain Tony Evans from Blackpool - the pre-season squad photo, Evans was sat in the front, taking up the space of someone twice his size, arms folded and looking very confident ... I had the same kind of feeling then about Tony Evans as I have about Loïc Damour.

Anyone else share my hopes......

Re: Loïc Damour

We can only hope so as the midfield is the one area that worries me.

If he turns out to be a little gem, he could be vital to us. I remember the Tony Evans first season, started on the bench, then got in the side but didn't score, then all of a sudden he was banging them in. i think he got 31 in all competitions. It's like when Joe Ledley was put in as a youngster and stayed for the rest of the season. Hopefully he will be a great addition, and must be ahead of Halford.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    If he turns out to be a little gem, he could be vital to us. I remember the Tony Evans first season, started on the bench, then got in the side but didn't score, then all of a sudden he was banging them in. i think he got 31 in all competitions. It's like when Joe Ledley was put in as a youngster and stayed for the rest of the season. Hopefully he will be a great addition, and must be ahead of Halford.
    I saw the ten minute YouTube video of him and he seemed to be a Paul Ramsey on speed with a touch of Cohen thrown in.

StT.
    <><

Looking at him in training on City iFollow he looks very energetic with a nice touch and crisp passing. I know it's only on the training field but he's not looking out of place from what I can see.

Scored a screamer tonight. Can't get this song out of my head when I hear his name
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ARfARi-gpWc

Loic, Loic Damour ... Rat-a-tat-a-tat

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Scored a screamer tonight. Can't get this song out of my head when I hear his name

Same here Rat-a-tat-a-tat

2 tonight was it? Excited about this signing!

New player chants

This has been suggested on Twitter as the tune for a new chant for Loic Damour (rat a tat a tat)

Any other suggestions?

Re: New player chants

How would that work? It seems too slow for a terrace song.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Sorry Tim. Didn't see this before I posted a new thread. I'll merge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Sorry Tim. Didn't see this before I posted a new thread. I'll merge it.
    No worries Mike.
    I'd been going on about it on Twitter too.

Good to know it's not just me 😂