+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Really good to see Saadi getting a chance

Really good to see Saadi getting a chance

Would be good to hear views from anyone that was at the game on how he did. I appreciate it was basically just a run out but did he look sharp and was NW cuddling him at the end.

Re: Really good to see Saadi getting a chance

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Would be good to hear views from anyone that was at the game on how he did. I appreciate it was basically just a run out but did he look sharp and was NW cuddling him at the end.
    I'm one of only 18,000 or so South Walians to have seen him play.

Now its up to him whether or not he makes an imppression on Warnock. Make or break!

Have Warnock said anything about him. Featured in a strong side last night bagging two goals, he must be doing enough!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Have Warnock said anything about him. Featured in a strong side last night bagging two goals, he must be doing enough!
    I've posted below the quote on Saadi by Warnock.

“[Saadi] is always looking to play the first-time ball and get the return. He just has to brush up on certain defensive duties when we’ve lost the ball. He’ll try, he’s willing and we’ll look at him in pre-season.

“Him and Tomlin both play that particular role. There’s definitely goals in Saadi and there’s goals in Tomlin. At the moment, it’s a good place because we’ve got to have people who can come on and change a game. You can see we’ve got a lot more choice, a lot more pace and a lot more power.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    I've posted below the quote on Saadi by Warnock.

“[Saadi] is always looking to play the first-time ball and get the return. He just has to brush up on certain defensive duties when we’ve lost the ball. He’ll try, he’s willing and we’ll look at him in pre-season.

“Him and Tomlin both play that particular role. There’s definitely goals in Saadi and there’s goals in Tomlin. At the moment, it’s a good place because we’ve got to have people who can come on and change a game. You can see we’ve got a lot more choice, a lot more pace and a lot more power.”
    3-5-2 with Tomlin as AM And Saadi as striker.

Please bring in Ledley and I'll be one happy man come this season

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    3-5-2 with Tomlin as AM And Saadi as striker.

Please bring in Ledley and I'll be one happy man come this season

I'd love to see Ledley back but I suspect we'd have to move on a couple of high earners.

International

Have the 2 boys on trial been tried out, or are they only training?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    If we take anyone from Crystal Palace I would rather it be Frazier Campbell but it looks as though he is about to sign for Hull on a free transfer. Ledley would command too high a price in wage demands and, as we know from previous experience, he will sell himself to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If we take anyone from Crystal Palace I would rather it be Frazier Campbell but it looks as though he is about to sign for Hull on a free transfer. Ledley would command too high a price in wage demands and, as we know from previous experience, he will sell himself to the highest bidder.
    Sadly that is all too possibly so.
    Still ...

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Have the 2 boys on trial been tried out, or are they only training?
    The Development team are also playing a couple of matches in the west country this week (think they may have played last night), so it might be that they'd be used in those games, but I've noticed that, apart from that one story on the Sky website, there has been nothing to confirm that they were with us - maybe the story was wrong and we shelved the idea after signing Tomlin ?

Another possibility I suppose is that we could have a look at them if they play for Livingston against us.

Under 23's playing tomorrow I think, so if they are with us then possibly get a run out then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Development team are also playing a couple of matches in the west country this week (think they may have played last night), so it might be that they'd be used in those games, but I've noticed that, apart from that one story on the Sky website, there has been nothing to confirm that they were with us - maybe the story was wrong and we shelved the idea after signing Tomlin ?

Another possibility I suppose is that we could have a look at them if they play for Livingston against us.
    From Warnock's comments when the Livingston match was announced it looks as if the 2 players we were supposed to take on trial will still be with them:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...eason-13337053

“I think Livingston will give us a good game and they’ve a couple of players that I would like to watch in person. In this respect it kills two birds with one stone.”