+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neymar

Neymar

Apparently PSG have triggered his release clause of 222 million Euros.

A pearl of wisdom on twitter:

Ed Malyon‏ Verified account
    @eaamalyon

If Neymar joins PSG for €222m, that is, in this market, a bargain for a player of his talent and commercial value

https://twitter.com/eaamalyon/status/887312801982763008

People have lost their minds.

Re: Neymar

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

@eaamalyon

If Neymar joins PSG for €222m, that is, in this market, a bargain for a player of his talent and commercial value

Wouldnt call it a bargain but I can see where hes coming from. If Gylfi is worth 50m then Neymar is worth 200m

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wouldnt call it a bargain but I can see where hes coming from. If Gylfi is worth 50m then Neymar is worth 200m
    I suppose looking at it with the brand etc. They'll sell thousands upon thousands of shirts. And money isn't an issue.

They are bank rolled by Oryx Qatar Sports Investments based in Qatar. A nice private company.....So that is fine.

Only that Oryx Qatar Sports Investments are owned by Qatar Investment Authority, a state owned corporation.

It is obviously legal but it stinks really.

Lets just hope neymar doesn't do his ACL some of these clubs are going to be gutted when big injuries occur.

Not really relevant but it is crazy:

PSG, which finished fourth in France last season, is now valued at more than $131 million, 30 percent more than the price QSI paid last year to take control, financial news site Wansquare has said.

Current market value (players ALONE):

£411.95 million.

They've invested a lot but it was a brilliant decision.

Actually that doesn't make much sense ^ the market value bit.

Anyway, the clubs is worth hundreds of millions now when it was only a 100 ish in 2011.

Plus Barcelona need the money

He's won everything there, he's in Messi shadow, I think a move is good for him. Hopefully to the prem.

@eaamalyon

They would recoup a lot of that fee in merchandise in year one alone ,I wonder if a bid is still in Man Utd reach ?

@eaamalyon

What?!? Do people realise how many go hungry every day around the world and how many wouldn't have to if PSG paid for something more positive and long term?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They would recoup a lot of that fee in merchandise in year one alone ,I wonder if a bid is still in Man Utd reach ?
    I was reading the other day that Ronaldo owns his merchandising rights or most of them so if he moved from Real there'd be no chance of his new club recouping millions commercially. I wonder what Neymar's situation is regarding this?

Why the **** would he want to leave Barca where he plays in front of 90+ thousand, for psg who have won ****all, and play in a shit old stadium that holds about 40k?

"They'll sell thousands upon thousands of shirts".

Will they though? They're not exactly a world famous brand like Barca, Real, Man U or even Liverpool. They've barely won anything outside of France. I think it's too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He's won everything there, he's in Messi shadow, I think a move is good for him. Hopefully to the prem.
    I don't think he's in Messi's shadow has he'll never be anywhere near Messi's level

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/barce...posed-psg-move

Neymar has been filmed clashing with a Barcelona teammate in training amid growing speculation he is set to join Paris Saint-Germain.

Sky Sports News broadcast the footage, which it says is courtesy of Splash News, on Friday morning in the UK. The Daily Mail's website also carried the footage.

The clip appears to show new signing Nelson Semedo challenging Neymar during a training session before the Brazil forward reacts angrily and is held back by Sergio Busquets.

He only signed a few weeks ago. Great way to make him feel welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Who buys PSG merchandise?

PSG must be maaaaad. For that price they could build the Millennium Stadium *and* buy every house in Cwmbran bar one.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    PSG must be maaaaad. For that price they could build the Millennium Stadium *and* buy every house in Cwmbran bar one.

Apparently la Liga have not accepted that the fee triggers the release clause, because they think psg aren't in compliance with financial fair play

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Apparently la Liga have not accepted that the fee triggers the release clause, because they think psg aren't in compliance with financial fair play
    I read somewhere, briefly that in order to get around FFP, it was a case of PSG / qatar owners paying Neymar the £200 million in order to promote the world cup there, then him buying himself out of his contract at Barcelona. Sounds well dodgy to me.

I think the time will come when transfer fees are no more. Players will simply be hired guns, on a higher wage season to season.

He is a goner. Barcelonas website:

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...lona-neymar-jr

The player Neymar Jr, accompanied by his father and agent, has informed FC Barcelona this morning of his decision to leave the Club in a meeting held at the Club’s offices.

Faced with this position, the Club has informed them they refer to the buy-out clause of his existing contract which as of 1 July totals 222 million euros which will have to be deposited in its entirety.

Furthermore, in reply to the claim for the contract extension bonus, the Club has once again made it clear that the amount remains deposited with a notary until the case is resolved.

The player remains under contract at FC Barcelona but with temporary permission to not take part in training sessions.

On La Liga kicking off, UEFA have said they can stop zero and it is between the two clubs.

Drat, drat & double drat, Barca have €222 burning a hole in their pocket, he has a stormer against the mighty Brewers and it's cheerio Ken����������

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Drat, drat & double drat, Barca have €222 burning a hole in their pocket, he has a stormer against the mighty Brewers and it's cheerio Ken����������
    Phil Vickery the south american football writer/pundit/knows everything, said his entire career has been preplanned.

He sold his playing rights or something to an entertainment company at santos.

They decided on him moving to Barcelona because of Messi. He would be under little pressure to perform every single week as Lionel will carry the club.

That deal would earn the third party and neymars father tens of millions. His deal from santos was so murky. It officially stands at 40m but many say it was above Bale's fee.

A few years down the line he'd get is hugeeeeeeeeeeeee move to a club he will star for. More money for Daddy neymar.

Phil Vickery the south american football writer/pundit/knows everything, said his entire career has been preplanned.

He sold his playing rights or something to an entertainment company at santos.

They decided on him moving to Barcelona because of Messi. He would be under little pressure to perform every single week as Lionel will carry the club.

That deal would earn the third party and neymars father tens of millions. His deal from santos was so murky. It officially stands at 40m but many say it was above Bale's fee.

A few years down the line he'd get is hugeeeeeeeeeeeee move to a club he will star for. More money for Daddy neymar.
    Who? Ken?����

If this goes through, then there could be a bit of a waterfall of subsequent signings.
    Coutiniho to Barcelona
    Or maybe Eriksson from spurs
    Someone to Liverpool to replace him?