+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Attendance for the Villa game ?

Attendance for the Villa game ?

Really looking forward to the home curtain-raiser for the new Championship season against Villa.

The game last season was credited with an attendance of 21,391 and the atmosphere was t'rrific - the Villa fans were giving it ('til we scored) and we got stuck into Jack (Can't Be Arsed to Pull Me Sox Up) Grealish. John Terry is an added 'attraction' this season and Villa have asked for an allocation of 5,000 tickets. I see that the centre of the Ninian is virtually sold out already.

So, will we crack 25,000 for our first home game of a new season - with all that pent-up optimism looking for a release?

Re: Attendance for the Villa game ?

25k likely. Guaranteed Villa will win.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    28,000 for the opening day.

He's shagging all your wives, he's shagging all your wives...

Why

International

Bollox.
    There is no such thing in a football match.

I'm a glass empty guy and always expect the worst from City. I think after 50 odd years I am entitled to my misery. Having said that I am quite hopeful about the new season.

I'm a glass empty guy and always expect the worst from City. I think after 50 odd years I am entitled to my misery. Having said that I am quite hopeful about the new season.

Judging by your last sentence it seems your glass is only half empty and you hadn't even noticed

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Judging by your last sentence it seems your glass is only half empty and you hadn't even noticed

I know where he's coming from though. Those of us who've followed the City for a long time have become accustomed to getting a smack in the face with regards to expectations being raised. I think there's no doubt he dearly wants us to win but ...

What would please me more than seeing 20,000 plus City fans there for the Villa game would be confirmation that getting on for a third of them were not just watching the first of only two matches they'd attend all season (the other one being on Boxing Day) - I reckon we'd have to put in a sustained promotion challenge or make it through to the latter stages of one of the cup competitions for it to turn out different.