+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BBC Employees pay

Re: BBC Employees pay

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    No shit Sherlock.
    But people complain about the shit soaps etc that their money is being wasted on, it isn't wasted they're just trying to cater to all demographics.

You say no shit but that's the biggest complaint against the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Bruce. Is the biggest boring Kent on radio ffs
    Now, now, just because you're shit at his quizzes

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Ahem.
    it was ribbed, for your pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I have no problem with talented people being rewarded with megabucks. People are generally worth what other people are prepared to pay. But the BBC's list of overpaid mediocrities published yesterday is an exception to the rule, because this is public money being extracted under threat of prosecution from the general public just for owning a tv. I'm not going to comment on each one in turn but to single out £2.2m-per-annum Chris Evans. Who the **** considers this talentless, four-eyed, ginger git worthy of this sort of remuneration? - (no I'm not a fan.) What does he do? I have to wait until 9:30 every morning before I switch from Radio4 to Radio 2. Ken Bruce is everything Evans isn't - urbane, witty, self-deprecating, funny and human. The BBC (Brussels Broadcasting Corporation) needs sorting out - and fast. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
    Give Radio 6 a try instead of Evans. Shaun Keavney fills that slot and is exactly how you describe Ken Bruce although I don't see them qualities in Bruce myself. Then set all your presets to Radio 6 too because you won't need anything else day or night.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    For me the fee is worth it just for 5 live and radio 4. People need to realise not all the content is aimed at them but I bet most people could get £145 a year worth of entertainment they do enjoy if they looked for it.
    Radio 4 is worth the licence fee alone. You can learn about current affairs, history, philosophy, language, politics, the world at large and a multitude of other subjects in depth on that radio channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    it was ribbed, for your pleasure.
    I know

Parity? Don’t know about that, they all seem to be overpaid and should be on a lot less along with their male counterparts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40696402

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Parity? Don’t know about that, they all seem to be overpaid and should be on a lot less along with their male counterparts.
    Agree. The BBC should cut it's cloth and then ensure gender parity within like-for-like roles.

There are concerns raised that there would be a talent exodus, but new talent will replace them.
    Everybody needs to start somewhere.
    And nobody 'on the books' is irreplaceable (though the Top Gear debacle suggests that sometimes a show IS the presenters).

IMO the BBC should take that 'risk' and start to lower pay offers.

Wonders how long Mr. nice guy Gary Lineker, the fella who has upped his twitter profile over recent years with his caring everyone must be equal attitude, will carry on taking his inflated over his female work colleagues salary, I suspect it will be a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Wonders how long Mr. nice guy Gary Lineker, the fella who has upped his twitter profile over recent years with his caring everyone must be equal attitude, will carry on taking his inflated over his female work colleagues salary, I suspect it will be a long wait.
    Why do you think that lineker is getting loads of shit and Evans isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why do you think that lineker is getting loads of shit and Evans isn't?
    I dunno, I dun follow evans

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Radio 4 is worth the licence fee alone. You can learn about current affairs, history, philosophy, language, politics, the world at large and a multitude of other subjects in depth on that radio channel.
    The sooner they out the very egotistical Mr Humprhies the better . Other than that I agree with you. Great Radio station for learning about life in general .

What has someone's salary got with them wanting the world to be a more fair place? Gary linekar doesn't set his salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Agree. The BBC should cut it's cloth and then ensure gender parity within like-for-like roles.

There are concerns raised that there would be a talent exodus, but new talent will replace them.
    Everybody needs to start somewhere.
    And nobody 'on the books' is irreplaceable (though the Top Gear debacle suggests that sometimes a show IS the presenters).

IMO the BBC should take that 'risk' and start to lower pay offers.
    IMO, the BBC should pay on ability, you can do the same job as someone else but not quite as good as another work colleague doing the same job, this is an area where the public sector falls down, just getting to a certain pay grade doesn't always mean that you may be as good as everyone in the grade, I have worked in engineering offices doing the"same job" as in title but, have not been as good as some others and maybe a little better than some others, this has generally been reflected in pay, and for the things that you may not be as good as a work colleague, it offers a challenge to attain to the skills you may lack, my own eg. would be AUTOCad, I have been able to use it for years but at a basic level, it bores me as a tool of my trade, but the past two years I have put a lot of effort into becoming very proficient with using it and there isn't much i couldn't draw now, which, has helped me this year in obtaining employment, Whilst i feel that Gary Lineker has scored a massive own goal with his public i pretend to care attitude however, I think he's miles ahead in ability as a presenter over the female presenters and for this reason alone deserves to be better paid.

Why do you think he pretends to care just because he earns good money?

Why do you think he pretends to care just because he earns good money?
    Public Image.

What has someone's salary got with them wanting the world to be a more fair place? Gary linekar doesn't set his salary.
    Equal job at the same ability and i agree 100%.

Public Image.
    He would have an easier time if he kept quiet, all the Murdoch controlled media have killed him over it too it's done him more harm than good.

Also I don't see what the size of his salary has to do with pretending to care

He would have an easier time if he kept quiet, all the Murdoch controlled media have killed him over it too it's done him more harm than good.

Also I don't see what the size of his salary has to do with pretending to care
    All opinions welcomed

All opinions welcomed
    Explain your opinion then, why does having a big salary mean someone doesn't care?

Explain your opinion then, why does having a big salary mean someone doesn't care?
    You are the one who has decided it's all about salary, for the 2nd time, it's the celebrity look at me public image IMO, if i'm wrong i'm wrong, i'll not lose any sleep over it. Perhaps he's the most genuine caring person that has ever walked planet earth.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    9.8 million listeners can't be wrong so you are in the minority ! Why don't they mention the salaries of the BBC executives so we can see what they earn?
    Uk population 63m

I'm pretty sure 9.8m is the minority

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Uk population 63m

I'm pretty sure 9.8m is the minority
    Maybe, but it’s quite a high minority. Even so Chris Evans isn’t worth anywhere near the amount he gets.

It's more people than watch MOTD.