+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC Employees pay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Re: BBC Employees pay

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Good post. BBC production standards keeps production values up in the commercial competition. We all win in that respect.

The BBC is not perfect. It has been bullied by the Tory Gov't over the licence fee and appears to have given in to them to some extent. And f*ck knows what happened to its news reporting.

But some some of these people are clearly paid too much, and not worth it.
    Who would miss Chris Evans if he fooked off- really?

When we consider that their inflated swag comes from the pockets of millions of hard-working low paid workers who are struggling to make ends meet and will get into legal trouble if they cant afford the license fee, it is a bit repulsive.

Also, it does seem to be a bit lad heavy that list eh?
    I hope that the 'fix' is not to equally inflate the wages of the most prominent women in the BBC.
    Those blokes need a damn good trim first ..
    I disagree in part, yes the wages are big but that's just how much it costs to get someone who is good at that job.
    I think Chris Evans is an irritating twat, but there's no way I could do a radio show that so many millions of people would want to listen to. It would be hilariously bad.
    If most of these people were working for sky or itv their salaries would be much higher

Re: BBC Employees pay

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I disagree in part, yes the wages are big but that's just how much it costs to get someone who is good at that job.
    I think Chris Evans is an irritating twat, but there's no way I could do a radio show that so many millions of people would want to listen to. It would be hilariously bad.
    If most of these people were working for sky or itv their salaries would be much higher
    Yup, other side of the coin and it's hard to find a clear argument against it.
    I don't think CE is good value mind, but that is simply a personal taste thing maybe.
    Even in 2017 - maybe, just maybe - not everything for everyone is purely and entirely about money.