Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BBC Employees pay

Re: BBC Employees pay

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Hes more itv in recent years I thought.
    That could be why 😂

International

I think that what any person earns is a private matter between him/her adn the employer, and should not be discussed in the public domain.

Yes BBC is publicly funded so it is a legitimate question to ask how much of that money goes on salaries, but what an individual gets? Why do these polititians and people who ask these freedom of information need to know? how does knowing affect anybody. It is just nosiness and jealosy in my opinion. Knowing serves no purpose what so ever

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    John McEnroe - £150k for two weeks "work" a year?
    YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think that what any person earns is a private matter between him/her adn the employer, and should not be discussed in the public domain.

Yes BBC is publicly funded so it is a legitimate question to ask how much of that money goes on salaries, but what an individual gets? Why do these polititians and people who ask these freedom of information need to know? how does knowing affect anybody. It is just nosiness and jealosy in my opinion. Knowing serves no purpose what so ever
    Not a politician trying to hide his expenses are you?

Depends if they count as public sector
    Isn't the point of this to show us where our taxes go? Surely the same scrutiny should apply to any private firm who rely on public funds? Serco, G4S, Capita etc...

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not a politician trying to hide his expenses are you?
    I wish I was, then I'd maybe have expenses to fiddle.
    That is one lot who deserve what they earn less than anyone in the country. Actors on the BBC may get paid a lot but at least they do try to entertain us!

Compared to footballers its peanuts , and hey what do we watch most of ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whats that got to do with the price of bacon? Footballers are not publically funded.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Whats that got to do with the price of bacon? Footballers are not publically funded.
    Strangely the public chosses to fund their lifestyle by purchasing the product, perhaps a debate on appropriate taxation of these footballers to pay back to the very society that creates them .

Feedback

football on the BBC?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Agreed, this is an exercise in BBC bashing.
    My favourite kind of exercise.

I couldn't give two ****s what anyone else earns

Surprised Richard Dimblebys not on the list?.

Ant and Dec are paid from private money, the Beeb is public money.
    Matt leBlanc isn't listed, which presumably means he's paid by BBC Worldwide, not from the license fee. Either way, it is still odd how ITV can afford to pay £30m on stars and still almost everything they do is an absolute farce.

Strangely the public chosses to fund their lifestyle by purchasing the product, perhaps a debate on appropriate taxation of these footballers to pay back to the very society that creates them .
    Whats strange about it? We have a choice. We dont have to pay to go to the games, we dont have to pay for Satellite TV.

If you disagree that much with the amount footballers get paid then simply stop paying towards the product.

We have no choice with the TV licence and paying our taxes.

This was started by John whittingdale the former culture secretary, who is rampantly anti BBC and very pro Rupert Murdoch.
    He would love to dismantle the BBC.

Currently you have to pay for a TV licence, but even if you don't watch, read or listen to any BBC content you get a real benefit from the BBC being there.
    For starters there is a very good return on money invested in the BBC, additionally it has a profound effect on the quality of output on other channels by simply being there producing a certain quality of output.
    If it wasn't there C4 and itv would not need to spend much on programming to gain market share and we would get lots of cheap output and a hell of a lot more USA imports.
    If you have spent much time watching TV in places like Australia or France then I think that's the way we would be heading.

Whittingdale thinks that without the BBC then itv would become the next HBO. I think the reality is that itv would become ITV2.

I'm surprised the actors make so little. No wonder so many come over to America to work, they can make more in one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    Surprised Richard Dimblebys not on the list?.
    He's dead isn't he? His son David isn't on there cos the BBC pay his company and not him.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    To put this into perspective Ant and Dec earned £29.5m last year. The highest paid talent at the BBC is paid £2.5m
    How much revenue have Ant and Dec helped to generate for ITV ( high ratings = higher advert fees, sales of programme abroad et al ).

How much revenue has the goalhanger raised for BBC?

Are Ant and Dec being paid by the taxpayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This was started by John whittingdale the former culture secretary, who is rampantly anti BBC and very pro Rupert Murdoch.
    He would love to dismantle the BBC.

Currently you have to pay for a TV licence, but even if you don't watch, read or listen to any BBC content you get a real benefit from the BBC being there.
    For starters there is a very good return on money invested in the BBC, additionally it has a profound effect on the quality of output on other channels by simply being there producing a certain quality of output.
    If it wasn't there C4 and itv would not need to spend much on programming to gain market share and we would get lots of cheap output and a hell of a lot more USA imports.
    If you have spent much time watching TV in places like Australia or France then I think that's the way we would be heading.

Whittingdale thinks that without the BBC then itv would become the next HBO. I think the reality is that itv would become ITV2.
    That's a false analogy though. TV market share is a bit more than just BBC, ITV and C4 even on Freeview alone.

For all the Sky bashing, they've invested in comedy and drama producing some decent things. Factor in the other channels available on the Sky platform, I don't think many would believe the BBC has improved the quality of output. Increased competition has - channels like Sky Atlantic, Fox and AMC via BT have far better output than the BBC for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    It would be fairer if they were to publish commercial channels stars wages as well, after all we pay for their wages indirectly through advertising costs which is added to products that we buy.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Spot on
    Advertising costs are incurred irrespective of you buying the product or not.

TV license is let's be honest a tax. You can choose to subscribe to Sky, whatever but have to pay for the license even if you don't watch BBC. The fact that people are in prison for not buying a TV license is quite frankly an utter disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

TV license is let's be honest a tax. You can choose to subscribe to Sky, whatever but have to pay for the license even if you don't watch BBC. The fact that people are in prison for not buying a TV license is quite frankly an utter disgrace.
    You are indirectly paying toward the cost of any product you buy which has been advertised on ITV though. Agree imprisonment for paying the license fee is ridiculous.
    I am not a fan of the BBC but to me this is an attack by the Tories wanting to control it

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You are indirectly paying toward the cost of any product you buy which has been advertised on ITV though. Agree imprisonment for paying the license fee is ridiculous.
    I am not a fan of the BBC but to me this is an attack by the Tories wanting to control it
    Plenty of people have been getting fed up with BBC to be honest. I end up paying the same for watching the news and Question Time as others who are glued to the Beeb. Understandable people would get irked by that - I'd be happy to have zero access to BBC output in return for not having to pay for a license.

BBC has a private arm in BBC Worldwide - end of the day I can't see how they can justify having a commercial arm yet still want to be funded by what is a de facto tax.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

It isn't compulsory to pay the tv license