+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BBC Employees pay

Re: BBC Employees pay

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm glad you agree, we should look after the less fortunate
    i meant that isnt how life works. if i wanted a car and couldnt afford it then i wouldnt get one would i.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    thats how life works.
    You have to be in the top 40% of earners in this country to be deemed to be a contributor, otherwise you are simply paying in a percentage of benefits you receive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    i meant that isnt how life works. if i wanted a car and couldnt afford it then i wouldnt get one would i.
    I'm sure Jimmy would be happy to oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The alternative would be adverts.
    Many many adverts.
    And?

Are explicit ads worse than product placement?

^^
    Ideally I would not want either, but an increase in ads would spoil viewing for me.

In UK English 'licence' is the noun and 'license' is the verb. That is all.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The alternative would be adverts.
    Many many adverts.
    Like this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    In UK English 'licence' is the noun and 'license' is the verb. That is all.
    Perhaps some have been exercising artistic license.

I have no problem with talented people being rewarded with megabucks. People are generally worth what other people are prepared to pay. But the BBC's list of overpaid mediocrities published yesterday is an exception to the rule, because this is public money being extracted under threat of prosecution from the general public just for owning a tv. I'm not going to comment on each one in turn but to single out £2.2m-per-annum Chris Evans. Who the **** considers this talentless, four-eyed, ginger git worthy of this sort of remuneration? - (no I'm not a fan.) What does he do? I have to wait until 9:30 every morning before I switch from Radio4 to Radio 2. Ken Bruce is everything Evans isn't - urbane, witty, self-deprecating, funny and human. The BBC (Brussels Broadcasting Corporation) needs sorting out - and fast. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I have no problem with talented people being rewarded with megabucks. People are generally worth what other people are prepared to pay. But the BBC's list of overpaid mediocrities published yesterday is an exception to the rule, because this is public money being extracted under threat of prosecution from the general public just for owning a tv. I'm not going to comment on each one in turn but to single out £2.2m-per-annum Chris Evans. Who the **** considers this talentless, four-eyed, ginger git worthy of this sort of remuneration? - (no I'm not a fan.) What does he do? I have to wait until 9:30 every morning before I switch from Radio4 to Radio 2. Ken Bruce is everything Evans isn't - urbane, witty, self-deprecating, funny and human. The BBC (Brussels Broadcasting Corporation) needs sorting out - and fast. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
    I like him, you're in the minority. Move on butty

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    I like him, you're in the minority Move on butty
    I very much doubt that. :)

9.8 million listeners can't be wrong so you are in the minority ! Why don't they mention the salaries of the BBC executives so we can see what they earn?

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    9.8 million listeners can't be wrong so you are in the minority ! Why don't they mention the salaries of the BBC executives so we can see what they earn?
    9.8 m? The population of this country is around 65m. Anyway perhaps they've got bugger all else to listen to and are still in the habit of tuning to Radio 2 since Wogan days. Most people I hear mentioning him can't stand the mouthy tw@t.

9.8 m? The population of this country is around 65m. Anyway perhaps they've got bugger all else to listen to and are still in the habit of tuning to Radio 2 since Wogan days. Most people I hear mentioning him can't stand the mouthy tw@t.
    Terrible thing jealousy.

Terrible thing jealousy.
    Eh?

Terrible thing Radio2.
    Only when that twat Evans is on, I agree.

Bruce. Is the biggest boring Kent on radio ffs

This is just one of the major issues with the gravy train BBC. People should be asking other questions like.......
    What perecentage of the BBC sports broadcast budget goes on Wimbledon?
    Well under the freedom of info act somebody did ask in 2015. It was 30%

I've met Chris Evans, in person, away from camera and microphones. He was a really friendly, nice, ordinary guy.

But put a microphone in front of him and I have to switch over. I can't listen to radio 2 in the morning whe he's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Perhaps some have been exercising artistic license.
    Ahem.

Eh?
    Terrible thing jealousy

women earn enough from getting their tits out in strippy clubs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesuedeshoes View Post
    women earn enough from getting their tits out in strippy clubs
    ...and your point is?

For me the fee is worth it just for 5 live and radio 4. People need to realise not all the content is aimed at them but I bet most people could get £145 a year worth of entertainment they do enjoy if they looked for it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    For me the fee is worth it just for 5 live and radio 4. People need to realise not all the content is aimed at them but I bet most people could get £145 a year worth of entertainment they do enjoy if they looked for it.
    No shit Sherlock.