+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC Employees pay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BBC Employees pay

J-Mo is on 250k, that's why he's always in Cicchetti's.

It would be fairer if they were to publish commercial channels stars wages as well, after all we pay for their wages indirectly through advertising costs which is added to products that we buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    It would be fairer if they were to publish commercial channels stars wages as well, after all we pay for their wages indirectly through advertising costs which is added to products that we buy.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Spot on
    Advertising costs are incurred irrespective of you buying the product or not.

TV license is let's be honest a tax. You can choose to subscribe to Sky, whatever but have to pay for the license even if you don't watch BBC. The fact that people are in prison for not buying a TV license is quite frankly an utter disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Advertising costs are incurred irrespective of you buying the product or not.

TV license is let's be honest a tax. You can choose to subscribe to Sky, whatever but have to pay for the license even if you don't watch BBC. The fact that people are in prison for not buying a TV license is quite frankly an utter disgrace.
    You are indirectly paying toward the cost of any product you buy which has been advertised on ITV though. Agree imprisonment for paying the license fee is ridiculous.
    I am not a fan of the BBC but to me this is an attack by the Tories wanting to control it

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You are indirectly paying toward the cost of any product you buy which has been advertised on ITV though. Agree imprisonment for paying the license fee is ridiculous.
    I am not a fan of the BBC but to me this is an attack by the Tories wanting to control it
    Plenty of people have been getting fed up with BBC to be honest. I end up paying the same for watching the news and Question Time as others who are glued to the Beeb. Understandable people would get irked by that - I'd be happy to have zero access to BBC output in return for not having to pay for a license.

BBC has a private arm in BBC Worldwide - end of the day I can't see how they can justify having a commercial arm yet still want to be funded by what is a de facto tax.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Plenty of people have been getting fed up with BBC to be honest. I end up paying the same for watching the news and Question Time as others who are glued to the Beeb. Understandable people would get irked by that - I'd be happy to have zero access to BBC output in return for not having to pay for a license.

BBC has a private arm in BBC Worldwide - end of the day I can't see how they can justify having a commercial arm yet still want to be funded by what is a de facto tax.
    This has almost nothing to do with the thread or whether there is anything to gain from publishing salaries without some kind of context (i.e. measured against salaries obtainable elsewhere). They are paid, in part, by taxation but so are the salaries of staff within the many massive companies who rely on public money through government and local authority contracts yet there appears to be no great rush to show us those. Why for one and not the other?