+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aged 39 to 47? Bad news!

Re: Aged 39 to 47? Bad news!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You obviously left it too late. I paid 100 a month into a pension since i was 21 and looking at 250k-300k if I retire at 60/61.
    Played the Asian market and done ok last 10 years.
    My mortgage finish at 52 so pay more into it and try get it half a mil by time I'm 60.
    I did

though before i was 40 i didnt think about retirement ( foolish i guess )

I guess as you hit 40, you think about the future, by that time, its too late

not sure i fancy retirement anyways, i would only get bored though in theory, will be mortgage free in 5 years and i could put a few quid away a month then, or i could just drink nice coffee and squeeze another disney holiday in

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I did

though before i was 40 i didnt think about retirement ( foolish i guess )

I guess as you hit 40, you think about the future, by that time, its too late

not sure i fancy retirement anyways, i would only get bored though in theory, will be mortgage free in 5 years and i could put a few quid away a month then, or i could just drink nice coffee and squeeze another disney holiday in

You can't keep getting up those ladders when you're 70

I dont normally drink coffee but went away for the weekend and had Lavazza in my room. Most enjoyable. Might even get one for Mrs Hartley as a token of goodwill.

You can't keep getting up those ladders when you're 70

I dont normally drink coffee but went away for the weekend and had Lavazza in my room. Most enjoyable. Might even get one for Mrs Hartley as a token of goodwill.
    I use one of them silly pole things i havent used a ladder for window cleaning for 14 years now, safety first oh and its alot easier LOL

Lavazza is a nice coffee, one of the guys who used to camp at VW festivals sells it from the back of his VW at shows and festivals, think they are Senseo pods arent they ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I use one of them silly pole things i havent used a ladder for window cleaning for 14 years now, safety first oh and its alot easier LOL

Lavazza is a nice coffee, one of the guys who used to camp at VW festivals sells it from the back of his VW at shows and festivals, think they are Senseo pods arent they ? ?
    Lazy ****

I dunno, they were pods of some kind, what was amazing was how quick the cold water becomes a hot cup of coffee.

Lazy ****

I dunno, they were pods of some kind, what was amazing was how quick the cold water becomes a hot cup of coffee.
    I hear Lidl's do something called " instant coffee " it appears to be all the rage

I cashed in my superannuation when I was 20 as I didn't think I would live this long!

The future's grim for all of us 'cos when cash is abolished, and it will, to be replaced with virtual money then the whole of humanity's wealth will be subject to the whims of those who already control so many aspects of our lives.

On a brighter note, those who toe the line by slogging for a pittance until the day they drop won't have their bank account savings reset to nil.

When the next financial crash hits you can't expect to lose a lot of your private pension funds as well and tough titties I'm afraid, ain't nobody going to bailout them toxic assets out.

Our best hope is in euthanasia booth down the Hays where the toilets are.

I bought land, like Mark Twain said "invest in land, as they ain't making any more of it". I should be able to go fully self-sufficient on it, and die a lonely death of malnutrition or dysentery covered in shit and undiscovered for years.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post

I bought land, like Mark Twain said "invest in land, as they ain't making any more of it". I should be able to go fully self-sufficient on it, and die a lonely death of malnutrition or dysentery covered in shit and undiscovered for years.
    fair play, you have sold that idea well

you can even grow coffee in a greenhouse in the UK, though if you stock up of Lidl's instant, you should be sorted

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The government has decided that you will now get your pension at the same time as your telegram from the Queen!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40658774
    From the King, more like.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    From the King, more like.
    Which one?
    Chas, Will, or Georgie?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Which one?
    Chas, Will, or Georgie?
    As republican it's all the same to me.