+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok. What would you lot do.

Re: Ok. What would you lot do.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I'm not gonna name any names or places, but a guy who drinks in my local, has blacked out and fainted twice with in the last couple of months. He's in his early 60's. The 1st time I wasn't there but was told about it. I was there other day when it happened again.
    On both occasions, he's come around pretty quick, and seems fine minutes later.
    On the 1st occasion he was given a seat and some water, and advised by a few people to visit his doctor for a check up, but days later he admitted that he hadn't.
    On the 2nd occasion, the barmaid was all for calling an ambulance, but as he regained his composure, he got really ratty, and said he didn't want any medical attention because he may get banned from driving.
    There in lies the dilemma. He works as a road digger and drives one of those huge lorrys with the digger and other plant on the back.
    I got to thinking about that bin lorry driver up in Glasgow who blacked out at the wheel killing all those people.
    I feel if the same tragedy happened again, then those of us who know about his condition, would be as guilty as him for not saying anything. Do I report him to the authorities, where he could lose his job, or just mind my own business.
    I'm the type of person, who wouldn't do it behind his back. If I was going to report him I'd speak to him first and give him the chance to do it himself, otherwise I'd tell him I was going to do it.
    We would probably fall out big time if I "grassed" him, and he'd probably tell every one in the boozer what I'd did.
    What would you lot do? Report him or ignore it?
    I don't know what I would do but in this situation, but, I would introduce a driving test every 5 years from the age of 55, which would include myself!!, reflexes are slower, eye sight deteriorates, mental awareness decreases and driving conditions change.

As an actual doctor, I think I'm perfectly qualified to say that it's your public duty to kill this person in order to prevent him causing an accident in his digger.

Not only will you be keeping the public safe from this selfish lorry driving maniac, but it'll free up a well paid job for someone.

I find strangulation to be quite effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I've got bi polar. On a combination of drugs (risperidone-sertraline) and when I get a funny turn "manic high, pshycotic low, I get a stay in hospital untill I'm square, and I'd never even think about driving when I ain't square. To me, what you are explaining is even worse. The guy obviously needs help but don't realise....you would be doing him a favour by getting him hauled in and helped. It's up to you to get him help
    Good call

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I'm not gonna name any names or places, but a guy who drinks in my local, has blacked out and fainted twice with in the last couple of months. He's in his early 60's. The 1st time I wasn't there but was told about it. I was there other day when it happened again.
    On both occasions, he's come around pretty quick, and seems fine minutes later.
    On the 1st occasion he was given a seat and some water, and advised by a few people to visit his doctor for a check up, but days later he admitted that he hadn't.
    On the 2nd occasion, the barmaid was all for calling an ambulance, but as he regained his composure, he got really ratty, and said he didn't want any medical attention because he may get banned from driving.
    There in lies the dilemma. He works as a road digger and drives one of those huge lorrys with the digger and other plant on the back.
    I got to thinking about that bin lorry driver up in Glasgow who blacked out at the wheel killing all those people.
    I feel if the same tragedy happened again, then those of us who know about his condition, would be as guilty as him for not saying anything. Do I report him to the authorities, where he could lose his job, or just mind my own business.
    I'm the type of person, who wouldn't do it behind his back. If I was going to report him I'd speak to him first and give him the chance to do it himself, otherwise I'd tell him I was going to do it.
    We would probably fall out big time if I "grassed" him, and he'd probably tell every one in the boozer what I'd did.
    What would you lot do? Report him or ignore it?
    I'd mind my own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I'd mind my own business.
    Are you a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Are you a doctor?
    No, but I watched Casualty once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    No, but I watched Casualty once.
    Congratulations.

That qualifies you for free parking at the hospital of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Spare us the sanctimonious, hyperthetical, emotional blackmail bollocks please.
    None of us know this guy and the OP has form for dramatisation.
    Nah. I'll state my opinions as I see fit, thanks.

Next time he blacks out nick his wallet , that will learn him

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Next time he blacks out nick his wallet , that will learn him
    and have sex with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    and have sex with him.
    Combine the two activities and you might come into some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    and have sex with him.
    Before or after the strangulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Congratulations.

That qualifies you for free parking at the hospital of your choice.
    Who needs free parking at the hospital when you can just park in front of someones drive on a residential street nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So you'd be happy if he blacked out at the wheel possibly causing the death of others?

The guy clearly has some kind of medical issue. He'd rather potentially place others in danger than get treatment - the problem could be anything from blood pressure to heart issues. Reporting him could force him to get that treatment, which could save his own life.
    Definitely. I'd want someone to have done that with my Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Who needs free parking at the hospital when you can just park in front of someones drive on a residential street nearby?
    I'll be doing that at every opportunity from now on.

Even when I don't actually need to go to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Definitely. I'd want someone to have done that with my Dad.
    Have sex with him and nick his wallet?

Tell him he's an inbread Terence .

You can't grass the bloke up. That's the sort of thing a dirty Jack would do.

Someone mentioned the potential for him to conk out when driving to mow down innocents on the street. Nearly every person in a boozer of a night has had more than two pints of grog. What are you to do, whisper down the dog and bone every two minutes to the old bill that a punter who has just left is over the limit and potentially could get behind the wheel? Remember, snitches get stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You can't grass the bloke up. That's the sort of thing a dirty Jack would do.

Someone mentioned the potential for him to conk out when driving to mow down innocents on the street. Nearly every person in a boozer of a night has had more than two pints of grog. What are you to do, whisper down the dog and bone every two minutes to the old bill that a punter who has just left is over the limit and potentially could get behind the wheel? Remember, snitches get stitches.

Snitches/grasses .... the language of the criminal class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Snitches/grasses .... the language of the criminal class.
    Grass him up, more like kids at school.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Have sex with him and nick his wallet?
    You dirty bitch.