+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Bodmin 1 - 3 Cardiff City

Re: Bodmin v Cardiff City. Match thread. Tomlin starts

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Just a presumption. All of the squad seemed to be there and he was nowhere to be seen. The way Warnock spoke about him after the Tavistock game, seemed to indicate he'd be off too.
    A bit of digging suggests Strasbourg might be a possible destination.
    They've just been promoted to ligue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    A bit of digging suggests Strasbourg might be a possible destination.
    They've just been promoted to ligue 1.
    Permanent signing I think

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/M...asbourg/819533

or , think this might split opinion.
    Last edited by ccfcwelshlad; 20-07-17 at 12:35. Reason: -

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    https://www.francefootball.fr/news/M...asbourg/819533

or , think this might split opinion.
    I think he looks like a good player. Quick and very powerful, wouldn't fancy defending against a pairing of him and Zohore.
    Warnock obviously likes ward though, and with Tomlin as well as it's difficult to see where they all fit in.
    Pity we may not get I see what he can do, but if we get a decent fee then there won't be too many complaints.

Strasbourg fans I've been stalking on the internet in the last hour or so seem to be very pleased with the potential signing . Apparently he was "a machine" at Clermont. Then came to us just after a bad knee injury.

Re: FT: Bodmin 1 - 3 Cardiff City

I wonder how much we would get for him? 5 million?

I wonder how much we would get for him? 5 million?
    300 - 500k

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    300 - 500k
    I'd rather keep him than sell him for 300k.

He scored 20 from 42 games in ligue 2 for Clermont and 14 from 30 games in the juliper league in Belgium.

Ligue 2 is between the championship and league one in standard and the Belgian league is probably similar to the championship.
    If he had that scoring record in league one then we would be expecting 5million plus and he has been playing at a higher level than that.

I'd rather keep him than sell him for 300k.

He scored 20 from 42 games in ligue 2 for Clermont and 14 from 30 games in the juliper league in Belgium.

Ligue 2 is between the championship and league one in standard and the Belgian league is probably similar to the championship.
    If he had that scoring record in league one then we would be expecting 5million plus and he has been playing at a higher level than that.

There is no way Strasbourg would pay £5 million mate.

For what it's worth, I'd like to keep him too. As someone has commented above, Zohore, Ward and Tomlin would probably all be ahead of him this season and perhaps Warnock wants to use any funds to bring someone else in.

Maybe Saadi isn't prepared to stay and fight for his place knowing he'll be 4th choice.

We’ve also got Fred who is still injured and i think he may have something to offer too.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There is no way Strasbourg would pay £5 million mate.

For what it's worth, I'd like to keep him too. As someone has commented above, Zohore, Ward and Tomlin would probably all be ahead of him this season and perhaps Warnock wants to use any funds to bring someone else in.

Maybe Saadi isn't prepared to stay and fight for his place knowing he'll be 4th choice.

We’ve also got Fred who is still injured and i think he may have something to offer too.
    In Fred's last season in Belgium he scored 13 in 28. Saadi scored 14 in 29. So, either we're massively overhyping Saadi or Fred is underrated. I think it's probably a bit of both, with a slight swing to the overhyping of Saadi.

I'm sure Saadi said last season that he didn't want to return to Cardiff as well. If Fred scored that tap in against Birmingham, we might have had a different player on our hands. That really was some miss, though!

I'd take the money and run with Saadi though, we bought him for peanuts and good luck to him but he's 3rd choice at best.

That's a real shame about Saadi as I really think he has something about him - though Warnock was critical of the defensive side of his game, so I'll bow to his opinion in this.

Let's hope the rest of our somewhat limited numbers of strikers all come good this season....