Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
It was an interesting day!!, cannot remember as to why i was not working but listening as the updates were coming through just decided to go and have a nose at the ground, it wasn't an invite but basically those who were there, were just asked upstairs when Sam arrived, and for all that went on and obviously some of it very bad, I still look back at Sam's time as a positive, I liked his outlook and enthusiasm, for all the bad points he re-energised the club and gave me about 12 years of spending a lot of time with my son who was a season ticket holder with me, my lad's 1st game was the Blackpool home game at the start of Sam's era, the real downward spiral for me was the Ridler era.
Now I've matured a bit, I do now see that Sam in hindsight, was a necessary evil for us to be plucked from basement / dungeon perennial doom to the heights of the Championship. He did indeed spot a 'sleeping giant' and lifted us up, albeit by very dubious means.

His energy, enthusiasm and what I do believe was his love for us (watching every match including down to the Academy / U18s etc) was real.

However, the neverending 'end' of his connection soured my memories of him completely. I'm now completely glad the specter of Hammam has been removed from the club and we're all free to move onwards and upwards.

I'm now looking forward immensely to the new campaign. We now have real football people at the club for the first time in ages
(Sam was undoubtedly a football man, I'll give him that), and Vincent Tan and Ken Choo are backing them.

I'm genuinely excited for the new season. I even think the new kit looks good looking at the Taffs Well photos!