+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was it worse than the Rebrand?

Re: Was it worse than the Rebrand?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Sian did a good job with Bluebirds Unite, Didnt he or someone else try to change the name and ended up falling out with them?
    I dunno the blokes fecking deluded.
    Been surrounded by minions all his life, don't like the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If you say so, and I'm not your mate you ****
    Lol

If you say so, and I'm not your mate you ****
    Tough guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Tough guy.
    You're boring me now "Kris"

You're boring me now "Kris"
    Sorry "mate".

Sorry "mate".
    Jump Jump

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    The rebrand was fukall, cos deep down we all new it was only temporary. It was never gonna last
    This was always my feeling on the red shirts. We were over a barrel. We had no chips in that game of poker, so we took a reprieve.

I honestly couldn't get worked up about it, knowing it would all be a short lived fad. It didn't look right on the eye, but I knew it was still Cardiff City FC. Fair play to those who felt more strongly, and who campaigned, but for me it was enjoy the moment and the investment.

The crowning moment is still that time if / when we get promoted and play in our more natural colours in the Premier League. It won't help our chances per se, but it will go down on that list of kits that is bandied around on here.

Of more concern to me personally, is we get enough fans through the gates this season to FORCE the doors open of the extra tier, giving us 30k plus crowds.

Jump Jump
    Please don't.

Astute prediction of the failure of the re-brand in the week that it was announced:

https://sabotagetimes.com/football/w...keting-failure

I'm not sure why this comparison is really necessary. It only seems to trivialise something some people felt strongly about (not suggesting the OP was intending to do this).

And where do you stop with that argument? I remember at the time there were references to starving children in Africa!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    This was always my feeling on the red shirts. We were over a barrel. We had no chips in that game of poker, so we took a reprieve.

I honestly couldn't get worked up about it, knowing it would all be a short lived fad. It didn't look right on the eye, but I knew it was still Cardiff City FC. Fair play to those who felt more strongly, and who campaigned, but for me it was enjoy the moment and the investment.

The crowning moment is still that time if / when we get promoted and play in our more natural colours in the Premier League. It won't help our chances per se, but it will go down on that list of kits that is bandied around on here.

Of more concern to me personally, is we get enough fans through the gates this season to FORCE the doors open of the extra tier, giving us 30k plus crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

I wasn't so sure it was temporary, and I'm sure others felt like that. If we'd stayed up, we might still be there now and we'd be in red still in all likelihood; and I wouldn't have a football club to support. For me, I thought getting relegated would be the only way to reverse the rebrand. I'll admit to being extremely bitter but there were some days, I'd see the score and were happy we'd lost. I wanted to be big enough to get over it but I was too petty, and remember feeling very conflicted when Cala scored the winner against Southampton. Anyway, all in the past now, onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I wasn't so sure it was temporary, and I'm sure others felt like that. If we'd stayed up, we might still be there now and we'd be in red still in all likelihood; and I wouldn't have a football club to support. For me, I thought getting relegated would be the only way to reverse the rebrand. I'll admit to being extremely bitter but there were some days, I'd see the score and were happy we'd lost. I wanted to be big enough to get over it but I was too petty, and remember feeling very conflicted when Cala scored the winner against Southampton. Anyway, all in the past now, onwards and upwards!
    A full house every week in the Premier League would have ensured that the re-brand need not be reversed from Tan's point of view.

I wonder if any long-term Cardiff City supporters lost their love for the club and stopped attending matches, either completely or regularly, as a result of the game of financial chicken that was played out between the Lebanese loon and the local property mafia?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wonder if any long-term Cardiff City supporters lost their love for the club and stopped attending matches, either completely or regularly, as a result of the game of financial chicken that was played out between the Lebanese loon and the local property mafia?
    Possibly some did but no doubt only a few. Same as the rebrand not many stopped going because of it and the majority of the ones that did had a delayed rebrand reaction that only came into effect when we left the premiership. Unlike you whom i know stopped going straight away

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Possibly some did......
    I'd say probably none did.

I havnt been back since the rebrand and dont intend to

I wont go out of the house in case I see a red car, or maybe a post-box, and I am proud to say I never will again.

it was only a shirt color boys whats the problem?

Banned

The club has moved on from them crazy days. The OP is just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    it was only a shirt color boys whats the problem?
    Rangers would look great in green.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Rangers would look great in green.
    They've been in the red for years.

They've been in the red for years.
    Years? They've only been about since 2012.