+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Open training session today

Open training session today

Me and my son went along to this today.We got there about 10.50,and Neil Warnock was in his car driving up the lane in the complex.He stopped to let us through, and about 3 other cars behind us.We were then advised to turn around as we had gone too far,so I was thinking maybe Neil had done the same, and also thought he was late as I thought the session was due to start at 10.30.When we finally got to the field, the players were doing some stretches.There was a crowd of City fans and a large group of local school children.The players continued with the warm up, and then it started to rain, so Warnock brought all the players over to the school kids so they could have there picture taken with the players as a group.They then left, and the players then started doing a rondo for about 15 minutes, when Warnock demanded the players come over to the remaining City fans and do a group photo.They then started going through some positioning drills from long and short throw ins from a defensive area, with Morrison taking them, and also long and short throw in from an attacking area with Gunnarson taking them.It was just a walk through so NML,Ken,Joe Ralls, and Loïc knew where to move and starting positions. Anyway, it started raining again and the players went off, put their trainers on and started making their way to the bus, at which point Warnock came over and apologised for the weather and told us to go up to the bus for autographs and photos.We were there barely an hour, and I firmly believe it wasn't so much a training session as a sort of PR excercise, and I mean that in a good way.Warnock was great with everyone and so were the players and I have some great shots of my son with most of the players
    I really believe that Neil Warnock is such a positive acquisition for Cardiff, and not just on the playing side, there is a good vibe about the club at the moment and long may it continue.

Re: Open training session today

This becoming a familiar comments

", there is a good vibe about the club at the moment ""

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This becoming a familiar comments

", there is a good vibe about the club at the moment ""
    The only negative I can see at the moment in the uninspiring kits - and even those aren't the worst we've seen in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The only negative I can see at the moment in the uninspiring kits - and even those aren't the worst we've seen in recent years.
    The only negative? Do you remember when Rocky had to fight Clubber Lang but he weren't taking it seriously enough and he had training sessions open to the public where people could just come and take photos with him and interrupt his training to talk to him and Mickey was fuming but Rocky was just all mucking about and going "take it easy, Mick".

Well that's what happened today. Villa will knock us into next month and Mickey will have a heart attack.

Neil Warnock, one of the best signings we've ever made?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    The only negative? Do you remember when Rocky had to fight Clubber Lang but he weren't taking it seriously enough and he had training sessions open to the public where people could just come and take photos with him and interrupt his training to talk to him and Mickey was fuming but Rocky was just all mucking about and going "take it easy, Mick".

Well that's what happened today. Villa will knock us into next month and Mickey will have a heart attack.
    You're quite right; what was I thinking? Fans who have autographs should give them back.

It's a valid point Colonel, and you are quite right.But seeing Greg Halford trying to catch a chicken was worth the admission price alone.

Banned

Fpsl

Hope so, we're playing them next month!